Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#101 Old 22nd Jun 2010 at 12:24 PM
My sims are going to mess more in that machine.

"When the moon is in the seventh house
And Jupiter aligns with Mars
Then peace will guide the planets
And love will steer the stars"
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#102 Old 27th Jun 2010 at 3:29 AM
my sims have tried over 20 times for a baby in the future. nothing happens. i made them have a baby in the past and that worked, but how do i make sure they have a baby in the future together?

I got them both the fertility LTR. So what am i doing wrong?
Lab Assistant
#103 Old 27th Jun 2010 at 5:09 PM
Maybe the baby will show up in a few generations? LOL
Field Researcher
#104 Old 28th Jun 2010 at 2:28 AM
I wish I had known the child would've come at ANY time...I made my legacy couple try for a baby and like a day later, the elder,whose apparently their son, stepped out. I knew you could get a kid,I just didn't know he could come any time he wanted.
Test Subject
#105 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 10:33 PM
My male sim came back with a child, he looks exactly like the child on the pictures that Chronicle posted. He doesn't look like his father. I'm wondering if these children are standard sims or do they really pick up genes from their father/mother?
Test Subject
#106 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 11:19 PM
This happened to me today when my sim travelled to the past. A child came out of the time machine, and she looked exactly like my sim who i took to the past and says that my sim is there mother.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#107 Old 7th Jul 2010 at 12:53 AM
Wow , I had no idea this thread would be so popular xD . Well , anyways , I suppose I had extreme luck . My sim , and her husband , had a total of about 10 paradox children ? ( YES I wanted the outfits ) And I was really stressed because there was so many , not to mention they were young adults , I guess the younger you are the more likely you are to have paradox children ? Also , I came back with a ton of books , and I only need one more outfit to complete my collection , but it will have to be another sim because both of them have died .
Inventor
#108 Old 7th Jul 2010 at 4:25 PM
I finally had this happen. One of my female sims came back with child a daughter she's still a child.

The Simmer formerly known as Greenlea
Lab Assistant
#109 Old 8th Jul 2010 at 4:24 AM
I now have two of them and they are identical clones, one male and one female of my time traveling Sim. They both came out as kids though, so I got no clothes unlocked from them. :P
Field Researcher
#110 Old 8th Jul 2010 at 5:30 AM
I'd go BACK in time again and take the pill with me.
Lab Assistant
#111 Old 8th Jul 2010 at 6:19 AM
Yeah, not sure that the Guardian of Time is doing that good of a job if we all keep changing history!
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#112 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 4:44 PM
A review of the code thus far reveals that the entire thing is basically a horrible, horrible mess that bears no connection to anything reasonable or sensible. The blurb text, for instance, doesn't correspond to anything that woud involve bringing kids BACK with you, and the one someone linked earlier wouldn't even make sense with a sim that, say, Dislikes Children, who would never say that. Bleck.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Test Subject
#113 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 7:58 PM
I made my Sim adopt a baby, later on in game play i saw another Sim (a little boy) had joined my family - I had nooo idea wtf was going on, so I ignored it.. I aged both my Sims up to teens, and then I saw I had another bloody child - I thought there must be a bug or something after the adoption because I was getting all these random kids!!!
Now I see that it was from the time machine - I would never have guessed the connection - so thank goodness for this thread - lol..

And by the way - (someone posted this above too) - when my sims went to China - she was heartbroken - crying over a dead old guy, and when I went to 'family tree' I saw she had a kid with him?

Lol, I was sooooo confused - I get it now :D
Top Secret Researcher
#114 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 3:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zoeee77
And by the way - (someone posted this above too) - when my sims went to China - she was heartbroken - crying over a dead old guy, and when I went to 'family tree' I saw she had a kid with him?

The random kid from going on vacation bug isn't related to the random kid from time machine feature.
Lab Assistant
#115 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 4:52 PM
My sim came back from the future with a bald headed kid in really slick lookin matrix type clothes (clothes with neon lines going through them like 'Tron')...freaked me the @#$* out.
I stared at him for a little, verified he was mine and sent him right back (reloaded).
Wasnt ready for a kid at the time.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#116 Old 21st Jul 2010 at 1:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zoeee77
That's an EAxian bug. AwesomeMod is the only cure for getting possibly forcibly remarried to some random vacationtownie and suddenly having a kid from nowhere.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Lab Assistant
#117 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 12:20 AM
Im considering killing off my inventors twin sister. I wonder if it would be possible for Agnes to go back in time and bring her back alive. Probably not. That would be cool, though.

I also wonder if sending your mummy back in time repeatedly may eventually bring them back alive ( like the guide apparently says).Hehe. That would be cool. Will prolly try testing this, once I actually get one in my legacy family.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#118 Old 22nd Jul 2010 at 1:37 AM
Sending the mummy back doesn't really change anything. The mummy can wind up unkilled just by you sending anyone back.

Lab Assistant
#119 Old 26th Jul 2010 at 5:39 PM
That happened to my sim once. x3 The strange thing is she looked just like her "mother". :/ I just assumed she was a great-great aunt or some other ancestor that wouldn't frick up the time-space continuum.
But hell, I got a Chinese looking sim called Shimiqua. x]
Test Subject
#120 Old 28th Jul 2010 at 1:09 PM
Whose genetics does it mix it with to get this child? Or is just a clone with a different age/sex/eye colour?
Lab Assistant
#121 Old 20th Oct 2010 at 8:29 PM
So besides new additions to the family tree, what are, er, 'other benefits' of using the time machine?
Forum Resident
#122 Old 21st Oct 2010 at 1:23 AM
I just got my first time travel kid the other day. Actually, it was my first time having a sim use a time machine and the first time I had him travel to the past. I got a message about him saving a child who resembles him (she doesn't) and the girl showed up. She's a blonde with blue eyes and looks nothing like the brown eyed, black haired sim I was playing. And the thing that really threw me off was the fact that I had in the "No Surprises" version of the time machine mod, which was supposed to prevent this from happening. So much for that. I guess I just need to find a new hobby for my sim.
Test Subject
#123 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 7:19 PM Last edited by exsso : 6th Nov 2010 at 10:30 PM.
My sim traveled to the past, came back with a boy who looks like him and is also a vampire like him.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#124 Old 11th Nov 2010 at 12:00 AM
The only bummer about my reading this thread is that it's really kinda full of spoilers. I hadn't really used the time machine much but if I do now I guess there won't be any surprises. oh well that's what I get for having WAY too much time on my hands recently. I need to do something about that..
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#125 Old 11th Nov 2010 at 2:26 PM
There are no surprises, only horrible bugs.

Page 5 of 6