Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#276 Old 9th Sep 2010 at 4:24 AM
phreakindee: Great review, and funny one too <3

TS3 basegame and WA were ridiculously expensive in Finland too, base game was about 65€, I don't remember WA's price but I remember thinking, it's a rip off price. Ambition's price was ok, thirty something €, HELS 20€ and this new one I have not yet seen on shelves. I suspect the base game and WA were expensive because of the "free" 10€ store points we go. Now WA is only 20€, but I don't think I could stand not having LN until the next EP comes out just to save 15€.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#277 Old 9th Sep 2010 at 8:43 AM
Kiwi Tea I too come from NZ and get my games from fishpond.
Full price is as follows plus discount I think you have to shop around to get the best deals.

The Sims 3 Fast Lane Stuff (Add On) $42.99 now $39.97 Save $3.02 (7%)

Ships within: 8-15 days Add to CartAdd to Wishlist

GrannyFay02
Forum Resident
#278 Old 9th Sep 2010 at 11:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by moryrie
I'm impressed with that motorcycle, just as I thought I'd be. It looks exactly like the one I'd like IRL.

Me too.

The sad thing is they sell Sims 2 EPs and SPs for 50-70 USD aswell here.
Forum Resident
#279 Old 9th Sep 2010 at 12:22 PM
So, to anyone that already owns the game. Does it include free Simpoints?
Lab Assistant
#280 Old 9th Sep 2010 at 1:17 PM
The car that is included which is the main reason I might want to get it is the F1.
Forum Resident
#281 Old 9th Sep 2010 at 1:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jeffrompas
So, to anyone that already owns the game. Does it include free Simpoints?

No. You don't even get free stuff from the store this time either.

My cat taught me how to fetch. I throw the toy, she shows me where it landed, and I fetch it.
Mad Poster
#282 Old 9th Sep 2010 at 2:37 PM
I would kind of count the helmet set as a pack, even though its for everyone. Even so, HELS didn't give out free things :p

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Lab Assistant
#283 Old 9th Sep 2010 at 2:39 PM
Fast Lane comes with a Rockabilly music station which you can set as a Sim's favourite music style.

That is cool
Inventor
#284 Old 9th Sep 2010 at 4:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by magic cookie
Fast Lane comes with a Rockabilly music station which you can set as a Sim's favourite music style.

That is cool

But unfortunatly every sim that has custom music as a prefference will now automatically have it changed to Rockabilly after installing the SP.

Easily fixed using testing cheats, but it's oversites like that that keeps me having a very low opinion of EA playtesting. (AKA a monkey named Abe)

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Forum Resident
#285 Old 9th Sep 2010 at 5:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by phreakindee
Here's my full video review of FLS:

The Sims 3 Fast Lane Stuff Pack Review - Lazy Game Reviews

I loved your review. It was fun. And I totally agree with you.
Lab Assistant
#286 Old 11th Sep 2010 at 3:06 AM
How does the whole car-sim relationship work? So far all I see is my sims motorcycle in her friends list. Do these sims get to talk to their car, or talk to other sims about their car? Ah well. It was worth it just for the motorcycle and the vroomy engine sounds.
Scholar
#287 Old 11th Sep 2010 at 5:18 PM
Is it right that the ability to have a relationship with your vehicle was included in the last update? I read something about it on the website.

I'm supporting the Optimist Camp for the Sims 4.

Field Researcher
#288 Old 11th Sep 2010 at 5:27 PM
Sim-Car relationship! Why? So you can mourn the vehicle when it "dies"? Marry your car and have a litter of baby roller skates? Who develops these things - a bunch of sweaty prebuscent computer geeklings?
Mad Poster
#289 Old 11th Sep 2010 at 6:02 PM
Why does everyone think car relationships are meant to be "romantic". Its simply caring about the car and its condition, and more of an appreciation for the vehicle, not a deep, loving companionship.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Scholar
#290 Old 11th Sep 2010 at 6:06 PM
I think people think it's romantic because it has no obvious use in the game. There is no car deteriation which requires fixing/care (e.g. its condition) or is there? I'm not sure but I'm pretty sure there isn't any deteriation. It would make sense if they did it that way because then the higher your relationship with your car, the quicker it is to repair/upgrade (and doing which you earn relationship and mechanical skill points) but no, EA had to be just a little bit strange.

I'm supporting the Optimist Camp for the Sims 4.

Field Researcher
#291 Old 11th Sep 2010 at 7:15 PM Last edited by Princess Leia : 11th Sep 2010 at 7:31 PM.
I agree. They could've made it so that you have to maintain your car every couple of weeks, similar to how a firefighter needs to maintain the firetruck; Sims with the Vehicle Enthusiast trait don't have to maintain their vehicles as frequently. They could've made it so that vehicle enthusiasts learn the handiness skill faster (do they? I don't have the SP so I don't know).

If EA really wanted to go down the relationship-with-your-car route, they could've added more features to it -- e.g. when you become friends with your vehicle you can upgrade its horsepower, when you become good friends you can upgrade it again, when you become best friends with it you can do a !super upgrade! that'll make it unbreakable and perhaps even undetonatable? All of these things are already present in the game so it's not like it would require a major programming overhaul.

Of course, not all Sims are mechanically-inclined so there should be a mechanic-type NPC that will tune-up your vehicles for you (but not upgrade them) for an affordable price. And since I know EA is lazy, he doesn't even have to be a bona fide mechanic! They could've just shoved some random Sim behind a cash register to perform instant magical tune-ups. Or they could've made the repairman the mechanic. The possibilities are endless.

I think people would find the car relationships less creepy if they had included some of the things I mentioned above. Then there's actually a point to forming a "relationship" with an inanimate object.
Instructor
#292 Old 3rd Dec 2010 at 7:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Robodl95
I like this SP (Or at least a lot more than HELS! Anything would be better than that!)

I'm okay with the car situation, remember in TS2 when you had to place those annoying driveway pieces? That placed a huge limitation on builders, it wouldn't work for TS3 because not every lot is on a road, it's nice to be able to place garages wherever

I understand what you mean, but still. They made it so Sims could walk everywhere why not drive the same way? The lots that aren't connected directly to a road only have a square or two between the edge of the lot and the road and I can't imagine it being THAT difficult for EA to properly pull off. That was one of the things that bothered me a lot when I first played TS3.

And EA SHOULD fix that in a patch not an expansion, although if I do get a new PC built that can take more than just the base game, I will probably fork out the $$ for the expansions regardless.

I don't get why so many Simmers hate Marsha Bruenig. She actually grows up to be quite pretty if you allow her to.
Instructor
#293 Old 3rd Dec 2010 at 7:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Princess Leia
I agree. They could've made it so that you have to maintain your car every couple of weeks,

Totally! That would be completely awesome. Can you imagine how it would be... Of course in my Dream Sims game I'm pretty sure there was that sort of thing going on.

I don't get why so many Simmers hate Marsha Bruenig. She actually grows up to be quite pretty if you allow her to.
Page 12 of 12