Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 3:05 AM Last edited by j030977 : 10th Oct 2012 at 4:06 AM.
Default In Depth Look at Aliens in TS3: Seasons

So just how do your Sims discover that they aren’t alone in the universe? If your Sim is oblivious to the existence of extraterrestrial life, their day-to-day routine will continue uninterrupted, for the most part. As your Sims sleep, aliens will sometimes visit the world on intelligence gathering missions, scanning objects to record data on your planet and occasionally leaving behind clues of their presence. Should you see sparkling anomalies in the sky and hear a sound akin to shimmering wind chimes, chances are there’s a cloaked UFO hovering above an alien that’s visiting the world.

As aliens become bolder in their mission to explore your planet, the time may come for experimentation upon live human subjects. Sims may find themselves awoken in the middle of the night, inexplicably drawn outside, suddenly abducted and taken on an intergalactic flight.

Studying the stars through a telescope or collecting space rocks that appear in the world will not go unnoticed as the aliens monitor Earthling activity. Sims who seek out paranormal activity tend to harbor a curiosity for interacting with these beings from the sky, and as aliens continue to visit the world, your Sims can begin to form friendships and possibly even relationships with them.

The military is prepared to spend generously to acquire intelligence from any alien that is willing to betray its own kind. Furthermore, the scientific community is very interested in potential biological advancements that could be developed from examining aliens . Any alien is more than welcome to sign up for a career as a test subject at the Science Facility, which is new to The Sims 3 Seasons.

Read entire blog post HERE: TS3 Community Blog --Alien Invasion
Advertisement
One Minute Ninja'd
#2 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 3:31 AM
Ok, wait, is the person in the white suit poking themselves in their glowing eyes supposed to be the alien? If that's EAs alien, I'm going to be really pissed. I thought we would get real aliens (well, not like the movie Alien, but you know, big heads, eyes, little body, 3 fingers, grey or green). That's just some sim with glowy eyes in a cheap spacesuit.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 3:44 AM Last edited by MinghamSmith : 10th Oct 2012 at 12:43 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
Ok, wait, is the person in the white suit poking themselves in their glowing eyes supposed to be the alien? If that's EAs alien, I'm going to be really pissed. I thought we would get real aliens (well, not like the movie Alien, but you know, big heads, eyes, little body, 3 fingers, grey or green). That's just some sim with glowy eyes in a cheap spacesuit.

Looking at some of the other pictures of them, I see no reason why aliens with more inhuman facial features would be out of the question even if some of them don't always spawn looking as distinct from regular humans as some of us would like. They're quite clearly not a unique character model like, say, mummies or SimBots- it doesn't look like there'll be anything stopping anyone from editing them in CAS with Master Controller and scaling down the nose/enlarging and reshaping the eyes/narrowing down the face and jaw until they match TS2 aliens more closely.

Other than that, I love all this info. And did they just confirm the return of alien babies resulting from abductions? My god, I've missed those so, so much.
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#4 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 4:51 AM
does this mean our male sims will have Alien Butt Babies again?
Forum Resident
#5 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 4:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MinghamSmith
And did they just confirm the return of alien babies resulting from abductions? My god, I've missed those so, so much.

Yes they did. Male and female sims can get pregnant via alien abduction.

Heh.
Test Subject
#6 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 4:56 AM
First the Weather Stone, and now Aliens will be able to summon meteors? I'm glad that EA is finally letting previous expansion packs enhance newer ones, even if it's only happening this late in the game's life.
Test Subject
#7 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 5:40 AM
I'm loving the new and improved aliens. I'm so happy that alien pregnancy has finally been confirmed! But if your sim managed to have a relationship with an alien sim, is male pregnancy still possible with just woohoo?
Scholar
#8 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 6:08 AM
Aliens look great in sims 3.finally maxis made something interesting
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 8:38 AM
It's rare I say this for something that maxis have made for sims 3 but these ailens look awesome. I do have some questiosn adout them, can they be created in create sim with supernatural installed? If they are can I make them fly around in there space ship and aduct people? Can I have my own space ship parked outside my lots ?

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 12:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Artimis
It's rare I say this for something that maxis have made for sims 3 but these ailens look awesome. I do have some questiosn adout them, can they be created in create sim with supernatural installed? If they are can I make them fly around in there space ship and aduct people? Can I have my own space ship parked outside my lots ?

Unfortunately, they've said that they didn't have time to patch aliens in as a new CAS option due to Seasons and Supernatural being developed at the same time by different teams. Apparently they aren't hugely difficult to find, though, so I wouldn't worry too much about getting them into the game.

You can own a UFO and abduct people with it, though. There are also screenshots of aliens flying over community lots and firing at the humans below, which looks... entertaining.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 6:48 PM
I got these off my FB page, so I am not sure who is the source, but here is an alien birth by males:

Still loving the invasion and abduction:

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Alchemist
#12 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 8:38 PM
I'm so ready for this EP. 'bout damn time EA after wasting my time with the SHT, SUP crap
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 11:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MinghamSmith
You can own a UFO and abduct people with it, though. There are also screenshots of aliens flying over community lots and firing at the humans below, which looks... entertaining.

Awesome I can cause an ailen invasion in star light shores .

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
One Minute Ninja'd
#14 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 11:40 PM
OK, I didn't know you could own a UFO. That is something I want in my driveway. The brooms are cute (especially the LTR Electrolux type), but the UFO beats them hands down.
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 1:48 AM
I'm telling ya, that UFO is hands down the neatest UFO model I've ever seen, may it be in movies or in games! And when it's moving on the road it's even better than static images. I reaaaally hope it's available ingame for non-alien sims. Please EA, don't tell me we need an alien in our household to get his saucer.

Love the new pics! Specially the hint for the next creature, the mermaid ^^ Very nice little statue EA, and very clever. Now everyone will be talking about it. The BBS is going to explode!
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#16 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 1:59 AM
This may be completely childish, but my initial thought when I saw lewisb40's first picture in post #11 was not "Male Sim giving birth to an alien baby" but instead "Where will you be when diarrhea strikes?"

....which would make the alien's enjoyment a lot more bizarre.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Mad Poster
#17 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 2:02 AM
At first I thought I would pit the aliens vs witches, but I think the witches will lose. Man I can't wait to make my aliens do invasions, especially if we could really kill a few of them off. Starlight Shores will be lit up.

The UFOs are awesome!

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 8:22 AM
oh yessss. it wouldn't be proper alienism without the male birth aspect. i'm glad it's back. love this.

and i love how you can see the ufo's omg. i'm gonna have fun with it.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#19 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 9:03 AM Last edited by babele44 : 11th Oct 2012 at 9:26 AM.
I just hope that this annoying and annoyingly loud music one could hear in the Maxis live chat will not play every single time someone uses that UFO.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 10:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by babele44
I just hope that this annoying and annoyingly loud music one could hear in the Maxis live chat will not play every single time someone uses that UFO.

I noticed that too! I held my breath because I thought it was glitching out during a live broadcast... but no... apparently the music is just excessively loud and lengthy! But I seriously don't care at this stage coz ALIEN BUTT BABIES!

Scholar
#21 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 10:56 AM
Tweets from Graham

.@PistachioSims Aliens have their own unique pool of names they select from when they're created, so you won't see one show up named Frank RT @PistachioSims @SimGuruGraham Do the aliens have specific names, or are they random?

.@bafendo Alien abductions that result in male pregnancy are always initiated by an alien that doesn't live in your world. You can't use aliens in your household to abduct other sims and get them pregnant - it isn't a new type of woohoo. When pregnancy is the result of an alien abduction, it's an alien experimenting on the male Sim where their body ends up acting as the host during the incubation period @SimGuruGraham Questions keep popping in my head. Uh... If an Alien joins a household, starts a romantic relationship with a Sim in said household, then abducts another Sim and impregnates them, is that considered cheating to the Alien or his/her human romantic interest? This also applies to the reputations.

.@LeFrenchSimmer To start off, aliens aren't covered under the population options introduced in Supernatural because they will never live in your world without you inviting them to. Occasionally you'll see aliens visit your world during the night; they choose different areas of the neighborhood to explore and gather data from... they might even come to your home, but they won't disturb your Sims, enter your home, or mess with anything on your lot. On the rare chance that your Sim gets abducted by an alien, they'll be transported in the UFO for a short period of time before being returned to you. Hope that info helps! RT @LeFrenchSimmer @SimGuruGraham For those of us rare players who don't want aliens in our game will there be a way to prevent them from appearing?
One Minute Ninja'd
#22 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 12:20 PM
OK, I need some clarification here.

Quote:
Occasionally you'll see aliens visit your world during the night; they choose different areas of the neighborhood to explore and gather data from... they might even come to your home, but they won't disturb your Sims, enter your home, or mess with anything on your lot. On the rare chance that your Sim gets abducted by an alien, they'll be transported in the UFO for a short period of time before being returned to you.

Sounds fair.

Quote:
Alien abductions that result in male pregnancy are always initiated by an alien that doesn't live in your world. You can't use aliens in your household to abduct other sims and get them pregnant - it isn't a new type of woohoo. When pregnancy is the result of an alien abduction, it's an alien experimenting on the male Sim where their body ends up acting as the host during the incubation period

Now, can you tell me how an alien experiments on your male sim resulting in pregnancy and a butt delivery, without disturbing your sim? I would be pretty disturbed if that happened to me.
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#23 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 1:04 PM
you probably have to use the Telescope to initiate the abduction, like in previous games.
Mad Poster
#24 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 10:17 PM
i hope the telescope does initiate the abduction because that would be really annoying to have the ufo show up at your house and just take your sim. there actually should be an option to turn aliens off if they're gonna show up around the neighborhood.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 12th Oct 2012 at 12:33 AM
I put my hope in the skilled modders creating a fix so that we can avoid having aliens visit the neighborhood altogether. I have no interest in them whatsoever and would just be annoyed seeing them in my game.
Page 1 of 5