Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Feb 2013 at 3:47 AM
Default Dive Board is Too Attractive
I dunno if it's a bug in my game or everyone has it but it seems that my sims and NPCs cannot resist the diving board on the pool. I've even seen NPCs getting stuck in a loop of jumping in my pool getting out and jumping in again.

It's getting anoying.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 2nd Feb 2013 at 6:39 PM
Yeah, I had the gardener NPC mod from here, and every day would go like this:

He'd arrive, walk over to the pool, use the diving board.

Go weed ONE plant.

Go back to the diving board.

Weed ANOTHER plant.

etc. He never finished the gardening, ever, no matter how long he was there.
One Minute Ninja'd
#3 Old 2nd Feb 2013 at 7:47 PM
Bonehilda loves the diving board as well. She will also perform no work if you have a hopscotch mat down. I discovered that I had to keep it in the family inventory and only put it down when the kid would actually use it or else she would spend her time 24/7 playing with the damn mat, not even taking a break to go back to her coffin.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 4th Feb 2013 at 9:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Howabominable
Yeah, I had the gardener NPC mod from here, and every day would go like this:

He'd arrive, walk over to the pool, use the diving board.

Go weed ONE plant.

Go back to the diving board.

Weed ANOTHER plant.

etc. He never finished the gardening, ever, no matter how long he was there.

Pitty you can't plant your garden in the swimming pool then lol
Test Subject
#5 Old 25th Feb 2013 at 4:30 AM
Heh, I had my sims throw a party and everyone was crowding around the diving board, noone was able to get to it because they all were in the way, so they hated the party. A zombi also used it and while in the pool the sun came up and I guess that made them not un-zombify, so now there is a zombi roaming around.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 25th Feb 2013 at 5:05 AM
Sounds like EA finally figured out how to get the sims to quit playing with the sprinkler so damn much.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 28th Feb 2013 at 4:27 AM
Quick, someone build a house with a sprinkler, diving board, deep fryer, and an ice cream machine. And whatever else Sims get obsessed with using and let the good times roll..
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#8 Old 28th Feb 2013 at 5:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by catnipeverdeen
Quick, someone build a house with a sprinkler, diving board, deep fryer, and an ice cream machine. And whatever else Sims get obsessed with using and let the good times roll..
My God, their poor sim heads would probably explode as all the conflicting attractions loomed in all at once.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 28th Feb 2013 at 6:06 PM
That would make an awesome idea for an asylum!
Mad Poster
#10 Old 28th Feb 2013 at 8:45 PM
Put some rocking chairs out by the pool.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Mad Poster
#11 Old 1st Mar 2013 at 2:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by catnipeverdeen

:lovestruc
I love this idea. This will be my next boredom gameplay.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Theorist
#12 Old 1st Mar 2013 at 3:05 PM
Maybe changing the ITUN of the diving board to make it less desirable? Or, can you select the gardener? Changing his traits might help.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 15th Mar 2013 at 10:49 PM
Give him the hydrophobic trait. :D