Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Apr 2013 at 2:28 PM
Default Tell me some things about seasons!
Hi,
I am only missing like.. 3 expansion I would possible consider buying.
WA, UL and seasons [besides that SN but that really ain't my thing]

I am most attracted towards seasons,
UL had a shot but reading the "annoyance" thread I read some things that
turned me off [like getting bored with a UL world after one kid got trough,
reason why I didn't get WA]

Thing is I'd like to hear what you actually dislike, small or big.
And I'd love to know what players love about it.. besides the whole weather thing.

Also one question, are festival markets as in depth as I hope they are?
Can your sim sell his or her own stuff too? And does it add anything new to your sims
shopping experience even when it's not a festival?
I ask this because I loved the sims 2 OFB and the coffee shops with cakes and stuff...

[and I know there is a WA mod that gives you a coffee shop like thing]
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 7th Apr 2013 at 2:44 PM
there's not much i dislike about it other than a few bugs to do with plants being indoors

as for festivals i haven't done much with them
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Apr 2013 at 3:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tigerex_13
there's not much i dislike about it other than a few bugs to do with plants being indoors

as for festivals i haven't done much with them

Ah, that at least gives me a good feeling that there is enough to do in and around this expansion.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 7th Apr 2013 at 4:08 PM
sorry i couldn't be of more help
Inventor
#5 Old 7th Apr 2013 at 4:17 PM
Not much I don't like about seasons... Other than random close lightning strikes that scare the crap out of me.
Other than that, seasons is great.
Inventor
#6 Old 7th Apr 2013 at 7:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EvaSutton14
Hi!

Seasons is great - it wasn't my first expansion (Nightlife was) but however I wish it was my first, to be honest. I find the EP really great and fun, but obviously every game has it's problems, right?

As for the problems, they're certainly not many. I think what bugs me the most is probably sometimes the extreme weathers, like such as a sudden lighting crash that sets my trees on fire or the sudden snow when my sims are out playing and soon they're freezing to death. However this makes the game more realistic, and that's why Seasons might be my favourite expansion.

The weather in the game (despite the extreme ones as I have said) are quite brilliant, each in their own way. You can also edit the seasons wanted as they all go in a certain order. EG: If you have a desert town, you may want all of your seasons to be summer, or if you have a sort of like Antarctica-like town you may want to change all of them to winter. Again, this makes TS2 so realistic.

Gardening and fishing comes with the game, with the ability to obviously fish in ponds and garden in greenhouses/open land.

In my own opinion, GET THIS EXPANSION! It's my fave so far, and I enjoy all the little details and things like that. Plus the game does include various clothes/hairs, but I wouldn't get your hopes up on that, though. They're not that great. But, some are so what am I to talk about.

I don't think I have anymore really to explain as my hands are kinda getting tired from typing all day. They're a lot more things I could explain how actually awesome they are but it would take me another day to write.

Oh and by the way I love everything really about it, except maybe the small details but I've forgotten what they are! I recommend this game, lol, if you didn't already know that... haha.

Uhh... I think he was talking about Sims 3...
Test Subject
#7 Old 7th Apr 2013 at 11:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xxsoulfire123
Uhh... I think he was talking about Sims 3...

woops.. sorry!!!!!!!! i deleted it
Mad Poster
#8 Old 7th Apr 2013 at 11:13 PM
Out of the three packs you're considering getting, I do highly recommend that you purchase Seasons. I personally haven't had much problems or annoyances with this pack, and even more surprisingly enough - the weather effects don't lag the game much at all.

I guess if I were to list a few things I dislike about this expansion, it would be the outerwear clothing category and the anonymous eating contest(s). The later can be easily fixed with this mod, and the outerwear is really just down to personal opinion.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#9 Old 8th Apr 2013 at 12:47 AM
no, the festival kiosks don't let you sell your own stuff. they basically sell new food items, they also "sell" certain items in exchange for tickets you get for participating in festival activities. But you can also get those items in buy mode. It is nothing like OFB.

The basic benefit of Seasons, is the weather. There's a few nice items, and a couple of cute interactions, like Slow Dancing.

University, on the other hand, offers quite a bit more, in my opinion. True, the actual experience of going to Uni can get boring, BUT when it comes to new items and interactions, Uni has much more interesting stuff.

So, if you are interested in playing with stuff that your sims can actually interact with, get Uni. If you think the lack of rain and snow has made your game less interesting, get Seasons. Or get both. That's good too.

(also, maybe give WA another look. True, the travel/tomb raiding is a bit weak, but it has Sim Fu, photography, and nectar making. Plus decor from three different worlds in three distinct styles, and it offers a lot of options for decor. And many custom worlds require it.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 8th Apr 2013 at 8:49 AM
Thank you all,

I think I might go for WA and Seasons.
WA loves the shops like I love them and Seasons just sounds like a ball of fun.
I will get the yet to be released EP too and then I will see if I miss UL at all.

After a good long search I found seasons for 24 usd and WA for 15 usd trough sites that offer origin acivation.
[while origin wants around 40 usd for them, seriously origin should be ashamed]

This is great for me as I have a superb computer but.. lack a disk drive as everyone in my field of work uses wetransfer and usb devices.