Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Smeg Head
#2501 Old 4th Feb 2021 at 5:11 PM Last edited by coolspear1 : 4th Feb 2021 at 5:28 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
If playables get stuck on things like weeds and plants while 'brooming', is it safe to assume this happens to all sims that ride brooms?  This would be one more reason for the 'mysterious' lag that Maxis has yet to explain or deal with. 

Yes, the landing mechanic can get very awkward, the game selecting a sweet spot to land, - which by its own mechanic will become the regular sweet spot - but not checking the immediate environment for close by blocks that would cause sims to get stuck in that sweet spot.

Another good "for instance," after first loading Magic Realm (Any community lot for that matter) most NPCs are preordained into activities during load, so are scattered throughout venue doing things. Thereafter the next NPCs to come will arrive at the Magic Realm portal. The broom-riding NPCs among them will usually be instructed to go to front door entrance of building. They can have picked a specific thing to do elsewhere on the lot, the outside grounds, before the game autonomy system sends them to entrance. But if the lot is already busy with sims, then they just lollygag at portal till pushed to go to entrance.

In my game, after about twenty minutes real time, the Magic Realm always lagged like hell. Searching the lot, I saw there weren't any sims about??? Where is everyone??? And why the frikken lag if lot has almost nobody???

They - the broom-riders - were all getting stuck up in the roof, up in the rafters underneath the roof, over twenty of them! As when trying to land at the front entrance sweet spot, it was too near the front wall that went all the way up to roof, so that's where they all ended up, causing stuck sims and horrid lag. The lot I use for Magic Realm is not the Maxis default lot. After a little build mode treatment to that front entrance, I fixed this. Also, over the years, I have gone to town removing blocking footprints from hundreds of objects in game, that a baby sim could walk over or walk through in reality, so why are they blocking sims at all? In my game, they don't - otherwise I'd see a great many more stuck broom-riders due to this. Even so, I still get the occasional stuck broom-rider due to the game finding an annoying sweet spot for them to regularly land.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2502 Old 5th Feb 2021 at 6:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
I give you all the kudos for putting up with that. My sims occasionally get stuck in TS3 for whatever reason, but NRAAS Overwatch does its job and takes care of it even before I get the sim.  If I found 20-plus sims stuck in one spot, I'd pack up my game, uninstall and call it a day.

Sometimes NRASS Overwatch (sims 3) does it's job too well and resets your sim in the middle of a conversation because they're just standing around. IMHO better to just reset the world every now and then when things get slow.

Anyone know of any mods with some interesting game play? I'm getting bored with the Sims 4. I wish I could learn to make mods. I see on some websites that a creator is bugged by some game play and they just up and mod it just like that! I still can't figure out how to find the TDESC for a given XML. Looks to me like I need a SQL database to keep track of what TDESC describes which XML.

Sims are better than us.
Forum Resident
#2503 Old 5th Feb 2021 at 10:51 PM
i liked nrass for sims 3 could edit all sims of a certain age at once back too back. too bad for sims 4 have too go to each house and do it.
Instructor
#2504 Old 6th Feb 2021 at 1:34 PM
I'm actually finishing up renovating lots and creating all-new sims in my save. I'm tired of the premade sims and them having no real backstories so I'm doing it all myself. I don't like EA's lots in all the worlds so I'm renovating them all (At least the ones with the packs that I have) Maybe I'll post it when I'm done. who knows
Field Researcher
#2505 Old 6th Feb 2021 at 7:47 PM
Default Ancient Zen
It didn't take me as long to get these ladies in the same mindset as I thought it would.
Screenshots
Instructor
#2506 Old 9th Feb 2021 at 12:54 PM Last edited by Dixieland : 9th Feb 2021 at 1:29 PM.
I saw my first shark! I thought they only animated the dorsal fin, but no, it's a WHOLE SHARK. I'm playing a four generation family who live in Lani St. Taz and everyone was in the water--the great-grandfather, his twins, the one twin's son, and his three kids. I instantly channeled Chief Brody and ordered everyone out of the water.
Screenshots

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Field Researcher
#2507 Old 11th Feb 2021 at 11:40 PM Last edited by Craft90 : 12th Feb 2021 at 3:23 AM.
I recently got the Eco Lifestyle pack. One of the initiatives that came up was about "back to the good old days" where someone ranted about there being too much whohoo around. I immediately thought of Mrs Crumplebottom. It's exactly the kind of thing she'd write. Except for the part about people drinking too much juice... she loved drinking back in Sims 2. :D

Edit: Also... Willow Creek gym. Why the F did EAxis design is THIS way?

Edit 2: Oh and also... my Sim lost his boyfriend on his birthday... It actually made me a little upset. Stupid Sims and their stupid ideas to play basketball in the middle of winter... during a freaking snow storm. It's still sad tho... It didn't work to beg to the Reaper either... despise them having almost full love/friendship... Maybe I should have chose the cry option...
Oh and... the ghost of the boyfriend... well... he called the next day telling me he heard the news and that we should have dinner and "talk about it." Dude... you died. It's just... funny in some morbid way...

Also... with paranormal there's now two "bring back ghost" options... These expansion/gamepacks et.al is so disjointed. There's like two different types of parks and four types of rentals... just why.

Edit 3: Another thing... the "ghost is fading" seems rather bugged. It spams my messages with 4 or 5 identical messages... it's annoying.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#2508 Old 14th Feb 2021 at 3:04 PM Last edited by dikosay : 14th Feb 2021 at 3:33 PM.
Default Valentine Wedding For All
This man had 32 children.

So, for Valentines Day, he decided to marry their mothers. All 20 of them.

Despite that the game does not provide for multiple marriages, that didn't stop him. When he married one, the Governor declared him married to all (For a large sum of money, of course!)
Happy Valentines Day

Screenshots

You have to know how to accept rejection and reject acceptance. - Ray Bradbury
Scholar
#2509 Old 14th Feb 2021 at 6:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Craft90
Edit: Also... Willow Creek gym. Why the F did EAxis design is THIS way?

Classic! Yes, I guess they just run past it and forgot to check if it was all done. And sims have no sense of privacy... If my sim wants to take a shower (at the gym or at home) someone always steps in to use the toilet (!). The good thing about TS2 was the mechanics that said that when a bathroom were in use the door was locked.
Beautiful Dinosaur
#2510 Old 14th Feb 2021 at 6:40 PM
I am realising how much I miss the Memories from TS2...

Who knows where thoughts come from....? They just appear.
Instructor
#2511 Old 14th Feb 2021 at 7:29 PM
So... I don't know what exactly happened here.

One minute this guy is sunbathing, and the next I receive a notification that he has been gotten a severe sunburn. I tell him to exit the ocean, and discover that a sunburn means having a red rash, a complete hair colour change, a different melted-looking outfit put on, and also a brand new beard grown.
Screenshots

Field Researcher
#2512 Old 15th Feb 2021 at 9:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dixieland
So... I don't know what exactly happened here.

One minute this guy is sunbathing, and the next I receive a notification that he has been gotten a severe sunburn. I tell him to exit the ocean, and discover that a sunburn means having a red rash, a complete hair colour change, a different melted-looking outfit put on, and also a brand new beard grown.

I haven't had something as severe as this happening myself BUT twice now my Sims have changed into a weird mismatch of clothes that I most certainly did not create myself. It doesn't even appear under their clothing options. According to MCC it's "an outfit for special occasions..." Either it's some bad CC going on or the game is bugged.
Instructor
#2513 Old 15th Feb 2021 at 5:51 PM
I haven't had something as severe as this happening myself BUT twice now my Sims have changed into a weird mismatch of clothes that I most certainly did not create myself. It doesn't even appear under their clothing options. According to MCC it's "an outfit for special occasions..." Either it's some bad CC going on or the game is bugged.

Have you also considered that having MCC is the problem? Or any other mods you are using?
Inventor
#2514 Old 15th Feb 2021 at 7:20 PM

"Special occasions" outfits are generated for San Myshuno festivals, sulani events etc. You can use MC dresser to force sims to wear outfits for any of these situations from existing categories chosen by you, instead of generating new outfits.
Field Researcher
#2515 Old 15th Feb 2021 at 8:22 PM Last edited by Craft90 : 15th Feb 2021 at 11:34 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Anhaeyn
"Special occasions" outfits are generated for San Myshuno festivals, sulani events etc. You can use MC dresser to force sims to wear outfits for any of these situations from existing categories chosen by you, instead of generating new outfits.

That's one strange festival in that case. The first Sim changed from his job uniform (the gardener one) to an outfit with a discolored, melted shirt and CC pants. (Which I initially considered to be the issue. But wasn't sure how to fix it.) But it went away when he changed clothes and I couldn't find his work uniform... I thought it had messed up somehow. He got a promotion the following day so I never saw it again. So I don't know what it was "coded" as. His new work uniform was the botany doctor one. Which was correct.

The second Sim had this... punk style outfit. Flannel. I can't recall any festival with that dressing code.

I wish I could nail the issue down... but I don't know how to make it happen consistently. So I'm not sure how to solve it.
Instructor
#2516 Old 15th Feb 2021 at 11:58 PM
I wish I could nail the issue down... but I don't know how to make it happen consistently. So I'm not sure how to solve it.

My own issue seems to be linked somehow to swimming.

Back in 2018 (which was just before my Sims hiatus that ended only recently), I had a brunette haired sim swimming in the family pool. When she went to exit, Her swimwear was replaced by a dress that came in the Get Together expansion, and her hair colour changed to the light gold blonde one. Her eyes even changed colour, and so did her make-up. I realized that there was a neighbor randomly strolling around the lot. It was Clara Bjergsen. I did a double-take. My swimming sim had taken on Clara's exact clothing, hair colour, eye colour and make-up set. She eventually reverted to her usual self, but it was really strange.

Top Secret Researcher
#2517 Old 21st Feb 2021 at 9:38 PM Last edited by Emmett Brown : 24th Feb 2021 at 9:28 PM.
Default Oh come on!
My sim is getting up there in the science career, and she had a little weekend break so she tried "Escape from Bad-Poo" as a vacation.
Gamewise, you can que up tasks like spread first order propaganda, but it never happens. Getting carrots out of my sim's garden back at home is just as interesting, but it also works, unlike Bad-Poo.
Edit: Anyone having problems with the special plants like Cow Plant and Money tree just disappearing? Going from fully grown to a not yet sprouted plant?
edit of edit: I mean, this is absurd. These EA guys just throw out stuff to sell and don't do any regression testing or keep tabs of what their changes might affect to come up with a sensible software update.
Here you see in these pictures a sim fertilizing his garden. By the time he's finished, he's reduced his entire garden to molehills. This is the kind of quality product EA puts out. If I wasn't addicted to the game, I'd do something else besides playing it all day.
Screenshots

Sims are better than us.
Lab Assistant
#2518 Old 25th Feb 2021 at 7:16 PM
Today Temperance came a haunting and tore up the bathroom sink. Then my sim gave her some fruit salad and Temperance repaired the sink.
Field Researcher
#2519 Old 26th Feb 2021 at 5:00 PM
The newest updates in the life of my Sim Austin.

He went to the Love Festival in the city where he was told that his prospects of love was grim looking. No kidding, his boyfriend died... It made me feel sad for him though. I know, it's a game. The "Love Guru" can say what he want but it's my game. Still... I'm bummed.

He then made a New Year's promise to skill up. Next day, he got to the next level in cooking. Way quicker than I anticipated! I was going to skill up his gardening (he's a botanist and needs it for a promotion). While he was deep with his nose in a book, Dominic Fyres called. It was time for a group meeting. So I went there and... everyone but my Sim are elders (Austin in an Adult). It was a little shocking to see these Sims... all old. Makes me a little concerned though because eventually they'll die, leaving my Sim as the only remaining member. I might have to start inviting people...

Anyway, that's all for now.
Top Secret Researcher
#2520 Old 27th Feb 2021 at 4:07 AM
From right to left: my original sim, Gunther, a scientist. His clone Elsa who he changed gender with the Sim ray using a mod I've not made yet . The toddler? Yeah, she's an alien and the daughter of Gunther and is named Stacy. Gunther was an 8th level scientist when Stacy was born, so he cloned himself creating Elsa to take care of her. Elsa can't get Lifetime Reward Points for Family tho' because Stacy is her niece, not her daughter. Bummer.
It worked out better than I expected.
My goal, tho, was to get Gunther way up there in reward traits before he cloned himself.
Screenshots

Sims are better than us.
Lab Assistant
#2521 Old 20th Mar 2021 at 8:31 PM
My sim started seducing all the townsfolk with his charm. As a matter of fact he's so charming that news of it got to a different galaxy, as he was abducted and impregnated by an alien. He ended up getting fired because he didn't show up to work since he was busy being impregnated. So I imprisoned Santa in the basement and tried to force him to paint paintings for me to sell, but it wasn't working, he was just singing, so I tried seducing sims into becoming my slaves. An already angry Eliza Pancakes happened to stomp by, witnessed my sim cheating on her, got angry, they fought, and she ended up dying to a cardiac arrest. A few sims started to mourn her and then went to swim in my pool in the middle of winter so they also died. I decided I was going to make a move on Death but then my sim went into labour and was just screaming non-stop because he couldn't leave the lot to give birth, and I couldn't buy a bassinet since Death wasn't done reaping souls. Eventually he finished, but by the time my sim finished giving birth and started chatting with Grim he decided it was time to go and left mid-sentence.

So now I'm stuck with a screaming alien baby, no job, a singing Santa in the basement, no romance with Death, a couple graves on the lot with ghosts breaking everything and a dead Elisa continously yelling at me because she's still mad.

TLDR; My save file is a mess.
Scholar
#2522 Old 21st Mar 2021 at 7:19 PM
I got a little bored with my play in the laptop install and decided to challenge myself a little. I already had created (read: redecorated) this tiny house in Willow Creek, making it "off the grid". And now I wanted to try something now. So I did dig up an "old" sim from my library. Her name is Scarletta Ambrams and in the pic you can see her with some of her neighbors who came to visit... about 48 hours after moving in... By now I have some experience whit sims gardening and roughly know where in the worlds I can find things to grow (trees carrying fruit, mushrooms, wild onions, berry's etc.) and my idea is to make her to take care of herself as mush as possible. The hard part will be to collect water but there is a river nearby so I think it will be OK. The problem will, however, be that she wants to be a famous author and she need a computer to write anything at all...

Question for you: I have been searching in buy mode for a fertilizer but with no luck. Do anyone know any download?
Field Researcher
#2523 Old 24th Mar 2021 at 7:39 PM
I just... what the... So I got one of those inspectors from Ecolife. He said that I'd fulfill the "green garden" NAP... Even though I've 31 plants on the lot... how... I don't get it.

Edit: Seems like this is a common issue. Apparently you need a beebox or bugbox. Even though the message said nothing about that...
Scholar
#2524 Old 5th Apr 2021 at 4:42 PM
I have been playing some random families from both of my installs and Ms Ambrams is one of them. By now she have been collecting a large amount of different fruit an vegetables and she have been planting a lot of them. I even gave her a bee hive so she could get honey. She liked it but she don't seem to like the taste of fruit. "Too natural". Well, it's supposed to taste like fruit so... The BBQ at the porch I placed because she wanted it and it have a lot of new interactions, Food, that I have not seen on a "on grid" lot or any other BBQ. The biggest issue is that that ice must be added to the fridge about once a day and that there is no running water. But I did download the waterpump from here: https://modthesims.info/d/653145/un...water-pump.html so Scarletta do not have to walk all the way to the river.

Scholar
#2525 Old 13th Jul 2021 at 1:55 PM
I gave the Pancakes a makeover in my new file.

In a previous file, my sim got an inheritance call that had the condition of getting married within 7 days of the call. She got married to a random NPC, who turned out to be an alien. And it took me a while to kill him off via fire.
Screenshots
Page 101 of 104