Replies: 1210 (Who?), Viewed: 114732 times.
Page 49 of 49
Alchemist
#1201 Old 13th Aug 2021 at 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by andes
I will buy this game, no matter the price (almost); life simulation is a neat game concept and one of the few I find entertaining, so whatever the end result I want to encourage the variation in that genre. I like the sims' games, but they are not made with me in mind, and I would like games to be more mature. I did read that the game is to have the same 'rating' as TS4, which is a bit disappointing, but the themes listed to be avoided I am not interested in anyway and there are perhaps ways of dealing with serious subjects without making so called adult material. I am thinking of becoming a patron, being able to communicate wishes during development is tempting, but I agree with the doubts put forward in this thread about the principle of it, and I'm also very put off by the employee argument. I'll see.

I'm pretty much in that same boat as far as buying it regardless of price. I mean I'm already paying $70 for some of my PS5 games anyway. I have a Sims 4 game that I haven't even bothered to fire up in over a year because I think it's a subpar game and no fun. It'll be nice to have an alternative.
Lab Assistant
#1202 Old 13th Aug 2021 at 11:36 PM
Yes, I do get enjoyment from TS4, and pay for my own sake; but I agree, it is not a price in par with product recieved. Any game produced with an intention to market a similar idea is welcomed by me.

I did watch a review of the other two games mentioned in this thread, and agree with that youtuber about lgbt+ aspect being important; but then it seems to me almost impossible not to include that in a life simulation anyway, so that if it isn't, the game is not in the right genre, and not interesting to me.
Top Secret Researcher
#1203 Old 14th Aug 2021 at 12:51 AM
Yeah I'm also pretty committed to buying this game at the moment. Of course we will have to see how it develops but...in a way I'm a lot more willing to cut the Paralives team more slack, since they are a very small indie-team and not backed by a huge publisher like EA. So even if there end up to be a few things that aren't my taste I'd still be interested in the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andes
I did watch a review of the other two games mentioned in this thread, and agree with that youtuber about lgbt+ aspect being important; but then it seems to me almost impossible not to include that in a life simulation anyway, so that if it isn't, the game is not in the right genre, and not interesting to me.

With Paralives I'm 100% sure that we will have LGBT+ content. They are so in touch with the community, and the community has many LGBT+ people. Plus they're from Canada, a country that is very good about LGBT+ rights and visibility of LGBT+ people in mediua, so no danger there.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Lab Assistant
#1204 Old 14th Aug 2021 at 1:31 AM
Yeah, I read so in the FAQ linked here as well, and I have been following the game a little bit for a while now. This thread has been helpful with links too.

I also like this smaller production, it gives a much more favourable impression of the game somehow, silly to say, but on a more personal level I appreciate it more just for being new, small and not EA; and on principle it is for me important that EA *should* not be sole producer of such a widely liked game concept as life simulation, and to my knowledge the sims' games are the most complex game in that genre.
Test Subject
#1205 Old 31st Aug 2021 at 7:26 PM
Paralives team relased a new post on their Twitter page (you can see the evolution of the Paras' appearance).
Mad Poster
#1206 Old 31st Aug 2021 at 8:13 PM
They should release some gameplay.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Alchemist
#1207 Old 1st Sep 2021 at 12:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casimir
Paralives team relased a new post on their Twitter page (you can see the evolution of the Paras' appearance).

I know I am in the minority here, but for me there is too much of a disconnect between the Para and the environment. One is somewhat realistic and the other looks like a cartoon. Unless this is fixed by release I will pass on this game. I know this is a WIP so hope is better later.
Scholar
#1208 Old 1st Sep 2021 at 12:23 AM
This is years from release. If I had to guess, at least another 5 years if not more. A lot can change in that time.
Alchemist
#1209 Old 1st Sep 2021 at 12:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 310175
This is years from release. If I had to guess, at least another 5 years if not more. A lot can change in that time.

That is what I am hoping. I will wait to see final version before making any decision.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#1210 Old 1st Sep 2021 at 10:22 AM
I'm gonna buy it anyway, cos I am like that. However, that doesn't mean I will play it more than twice if I don't get what I want from it.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
#1211 Old 1st Sep 2021 at 2:04 PM
Sims 5 will be subscription based and Paralives will take the place of Sims 4 - so I'm hopeful it will be much, much better cause I have no intention of going to the Sims again, especially if it's by subscription. I surmise a lot of people are putting a lot of faith in Paralives. I'm sure that's a lot of pressure on the team. (I figure the sims team doesn't even know what pressure is anymore. Shame.)

Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul. - Mark Twain
Page 49 of 49