Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jul 2021 at 1:32 AM
Default RANT Warning - So Irritated with this Game
I have not tried to play 4 in months at least, as doing other stuff. Decided to fire up the game and had to patch. The game decided to keep some saves back to 2016 and the latest, but all/many recent ones are gone!

Glimmerbrook and Del Sol look like they have never been played. All lots I did are gone. All changes I made are gone. Other worlds as far as I noticed/checked have held the changes, but at least these 2 are wiped. Saves for Del Sol, Stranger, Univ, Glimmer, and others are gone. So I have lost all those Sims also.

I also have lost lots I know darn well I put in the gallery. POOF! Gone.

I did some research about lost items and none of the fixes I tried helped. I read of others who contacted EA who said they are gone and you need to make backups of saves. I did a game repair, and have pulled out mods.

Am beyond irritated at this game right now. We could at least poke around in 3 and check things. Here we can do zip. And why this game is designed so poorly that it does things like this is beyond me? If any of you have had these and been able to solve I would really appreciate knowing how you did it.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 14th Jul 2021 at 4:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
I have not tried to play 4 in months at least, as doing other stuff. Decided to fire up the game and had to patch. The game decided to keep some saves back to 2016 and the latest, but all/many recent ones are gone!

Glimmerbrook and Del Sol look like they have never been played. All lots I did are gone. All changes I made are gone. Other worlds as far as I noticed/checked have held the changes, but at least these 2 are wiped. Saves for Del Sol, Stranger, Univ, Glimmer, and others are gone. So I have lost all those Sims also.

I also have lost lots I know darn well I put in the gallery. POOF! Gone.

I did some research about lost items and none of the fixes I tried helped. I read of others who contacted EA who said they are gone and you need to make backups of saves. I did a game repair, and have pulled out mods.

Am beyond irritated at this game right now. We could at least poke around in 3 and check things. Here we can do zip. And why this game is designed so poorly that it does things like this is beyond me? If any of you have had these and been able to solve I would really appreciate knowing how you did it.

I TOO have learned the hard way about saves. Now I NEVER update without backing up the save files first. NEVER NEVER NEVER. Sometime I may even backup my mod folder while I'm at it.

It's too funny that you actually have to save the save!

You have to know how to accept rejection and reject acceptance. - Ray Bradbury
Forum Resident
#3 Old 14th Jul 2021 at 10:29 PM
WHAT?!?! No.. THIS is where I draw the line!! I'm saving the dolphins, I'm saving the condors, and the snowy owl.. I'm even saving the FREAKIN planet. However, I will absolutely NOT donate to your save the saves foundation! Don't harass me at the checkout counter. Leave me alone! I'm done! what? Oh sorry... I thought we were ranting. Carry on.

When an engineer says that something can't be done, it's a code phrase that means it's not fun to do.
Scholar
#4 Old 14th Jul 2021 at 10:43 PM
When I had to re install the game I had pulled the game folder out - only to forget where I did store it Oh well, I did not lost that mush gameplay as I really did not have any story going... But now I always do a backup on a flashdrive afterwards. Back when playing TS2 and TS3 I also did a copy to the harddrive as well, maybe I should do that now also... On the other hand, If the savefiles can go missing for no reason it can happen to savefiles in a backup as well... or am I wrong here? Please correct me if I am.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 14th Jul 2021 at 10:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lodakai
WHAT?!?! No.. THIS is where I draw the line!! I'm saving the dolphins, I'm saving the condors, and the snowy owl.. I'm even saving the FREAKIN planet. However, I will absolutely NOT donate to your save the saves foundation! Don't harass me at the checkout counter. Leave me alone! I'm done! what? Oh sorry... I thought we were ranting. Carry on.

An hour later I'll still be laughing at your response.

Field Researcher
#6 Old 14th Jul 2021 at 10:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mrmo
When I had to re install the game I had pulled the game folder out - only to forget where I did store it Oh well, I did not lost that mush gameplay as I really did not have any story going... But now I always do a backup on a flashdrive afterwards. Back when playing TS2 and TS3 I also did a copy to the harddrive as well, maybe I should do that now also... On the other hand, If the savefiles can go missing for no reason it can happen to savefiles in a backup as well... or am I wrong here? Please correct me if I am.

If you save to a flash-drive, you remove it after use. That's also how businesses keep ransomware from destroying their files -- they backup to external storage that they can disconnect from the computer. Or they backup to the cloud.

Test Subject
#7 Old 7th Jan 2022 at 5:39 PM
I've had this happen so many times while playing Sims 4. You'd think I'd learn from my mistakes but eh, I've just never bothered. That's why I'm so on and off with the game and I've always preferred 3 and 2.