Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Aug 2021 at 9:40 PM
Default Bartender Waylon, and a fully updated game
I just started playing studio town, and discovered the 'bartender waylon' bug. I found a dfix on Simslice but the instructions talk about removing the files before updating the game, it's unclear if that means a fully uipdated game shouldn't have this bug or bot. my game is patched to version 1.91, is that final? I can't find anything on the web stating a final version number.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 31st Aug 2021 at 5:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Daleylife
I just started playing studio town, and discovered the 'bartender waylon' bug. I found a dfix on Simslice but the instructions talk about removing the files before updating the game, it's unclear if that means a fully uipdated game shouldn't have this bug or bot. my game is patched to version 1.91, is that final? I can't find anything on the web stating a final version number.

My game says it's version 1.9.0.0. The no-CD version of the exe that I downloaded in order to protect my Sims 1 disk is also version 1.9.0.0. That's all I know and isn't all you were looking for, but since you hadn't gotten any other answers, I wanted to give you what I could.

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3 Old 31st Aug 2021 at 9:01 PM
I think what they mean is that the patch installer or EP installer might bug out if other files are present, and that if the game is updated patches may be incompatible. I haven't experienced this bug myself (I have 1.9.1.0 also which is fully patched) so I would suggest to make a safe copy of your [install location]\Maxis\The Sims folder, then install the files and test. You can always restore the backup if it causes problems.

Here's the link in case others want to test this file too:
https://web.archive.org/web/2010040...Patches-pg2.htm
Test Subject
#4 Old 1st Sep 2021 at 11:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
I think what they mean is that the patch installer or EP installer might bug out if other files are present, and that if the game is updated patches may be incompatible. I haven't experienced this bug myself (I have 1.9.1.0 also which is fully patched) so I would suggest to make a safe copy of your [install location]\Maxis\The Sims folder, then install the files and test. You can always restore the backup if it causes problems.

Here's the link in case others want to test this file too:
https://web.archive.org/web/2010040...Patches-pg2.htm

Shouldn't have to backup anything tbh. Since the downloaded files don't overwrite any of the original files. If anything bugs out, they just need to delete the downloaded files and everything is back to the original state.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 1st Sep 2021 at 3:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PanCakezzz
Shouldn't have to backup anything tbh. Since the downloaded files don't overwrite any of the original files. If anything bugs out, they just need to delete the downloaded files and everything is back to the original state.

Yes, but the userdata is in that folder too, so I was meaning rather that if they played a studiotown lot and something went wrong, a backup will allow putting the savegame back to where it was.