Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#26 Old 25th Apr 2006 at 1:37 AM
Beach Bath
The seashore mural and the seashells together with the colours of the sand and surf, will have you feeling like you never left the beach.

Nautical Den
Pirates treasure, sailing ship and the weathered wood gives the feel of the age of pirates.

Aerial view
Advertisement
#27 Old 25th Apr 2006 at 2:42 AM
Ok, here goes mine. After a nasty stomach virus hit my family this weekend, I wanted a little sunshine to brighten my day. My den is very bright and sunshiny, with beaches, boats, surfboards, happy dolphins and other nautical decorations. I have had this wallpaper since early on playing the Sims 2, and have always liked it. This room looks like a great place to kick your feet up, watch the Travel Channel, and plan your next island holiday, with maybe a little snorkling, deep-sea fishing and of course surfing!

My bath is a calming, pleasant place to shower off and relax in the tub with some wine or a cool drink and a good book, watching the sunset over the beach.

The majority of decor came from MST2, Meshkiste, plus a ton of other sites I apologize for not naming. I am not a mesher or recolorer, so none of this content is made by me. I just download it like crazy and put it together.

Hope you all like it!
Forum Resident
#28 Old 25th Apr 2006 at 3:30 AM
Default Maritime rooms
There are so many really great entries...
The beach is water and sand. The tub, shower, and sink fit into the ocean side of the bath. This mirror is a Solander sand-blasted pic with a dolphin; the one over the sink is a sunsetting on the ocean (not in pic). These Oxygen lights match the design on the cabinets (not in pic). The swag curtain is by SimAddict99:

The toilet is a shell washed up on shore among other shells and an Sim Sisters egret. The pic is by mummysim, and it's a Luna wall unit. (I put a blind over the door, but I wanted you to see the starfish and shell design in the glass.)

The office has a light wood deck and is sailing in the sea green ocean. On the bookcase/Mango acquarium side, I chose a compass rug because of it's importance to navigation:

And here in the window side, the hammock by Birgit45 is used to watch a wall t.v. (not in pic) as sailors would string up a hammock to sleep on. I used the Oxygen series square portholes for windows:

And the overview (hopefully you can see what I left out of the pics okay):

Good luck to all and if I didn't mention who made what, just PM me.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 25th Apr 2006 at 7:46 AM
Default Round 1 Den & bath
I don't like to look at people's entries before i post my own so if i used the same furnature as someone i'm sorry...

Down by the sea bath-

Cape Cod den

overview

credits-
bath-sunairsims- windkeeper-simaddict99
den-11 dots - creme@tsr - windkeeper - little tx mama - nanshi-nibble@tsr -
reflexsims- laurel designs

People who like this sort of thing will find this is the sort of thing they like. -Abraham Lincoln
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#30 Old 25th Apr 2006 at 9:46 AM
3 hours from this post this round will be done

For all of my creations and more free downloads please visit Exnem Sims
Grand Re-Opening NOW!!!
Come join our Banner Contest Today!!
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#31 Old 25th Apr 2006 at 9:34 PM
Default The 2nd Official Home Make Over Contest- Round 2
After a very hard judging round, we want to congratulate you all on a fantastic job. It was tough but we have decided on the top 15.

Round 2-

This week you will be showcasing your decorating skills in the Bedroom and Nursery. (see legend from main thread)

Your goal is to replicate a JUNGLE Bedroom. Go WILD! Darl greens, animal prints, and an exotic feel will give you a bedroom fit for the King of the Jungle.

And the twist... The nursery this week must be decorated with an insect theme... but YOU CHOOSE. If you are a recolorer have a ball with this, all of those who dont can as well. But you may select any insect you like and decorate your sim baby's room with this critter.

The Rules-

You are to decorate the following rooms (yes roomS- We will be doing TWO each week) According to the theme presented to you.

You may not edit walls-
You may not move the placement of the doors and windows.
You CAN change the style of the windows and doors to fit the theme of the room.

You will need to provide the following photos for this round.
Each room you decorate you can post no mroe than TWO photos PER room - to show the layout of your decorating skills.
You must provide ONE aerial photo showing both rooms to verify that you have decorated the correct rooms..

TOTAL PICTURES THIS ROUND =5

No chatter between posts please. I want to see entries only. Any questions may be placed in the Entry Round thread.

No reserving spaces.

Deadline You will have FOUR days to complete this round. This round will end Sunday morning at midnight. (the begining of sunday not the end of sunday night)

Grand Re-Opening NOW!!!
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#32 Old 25th Apr 2006 at 9:34 PM
~~Contestant List~~

~1. HisBeachgirl
~2. HunterKiller13
~3. Rascal
~4. cory_g
~5. nectere
~6. simrunner
7. chique4591
~8. ciane
~9. minena
~10. Gypsy
~11. alayaya
~12. Ms. Useless Knowledge
X13. Lethe_s
~14. Miss Puff
~15. JessicaRitchie

Grand Re-Opening NOW!!!
#33 Old 25th Apr 2006 at 11:51 PM
Hey Lyric, i was wondering if the contestant list is in any specific order? I am sorry if you don't want this question posted here.
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#34 Old 26th Apr 2006 at 12:47 AM
its ok Chique- no it is not- tho i can tell you almost everyone in the top ten got atleast 2 out of the three votes from the judges- there is no rank- I simply went down the roiginal list and renumbered the remining people.

Grand Re-Opening NOW!!!
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 26th Apr 2006 at 11:51 PM
Default round two
Okay well i guess someone has to go first. I had a LOT of fun with this round, especially the bedroom!

I decided to decorate the bedroom in kind of a tropical rainforest kind of feel... to me it seems really romantic and intimate. There is a rock fountain at the foot of the bed, unfortunately you can't see it...

The view from the "jungle" at the foot of the bed, in the window.

I chose butterfly as my "bug of choice" mostly because I had so many butterfly things in my game already. It was a difficult decision, but i think it turned out adorably! I decorated it for a toddler girl, and i wanted it to feel lived in so the toys are strewn about on the floor.

and the crib

the overview

**custom content mostly from MTS2, the sims resource, vita sims, reflex sims, and 4ESF i think. PM me about anything specific

Eagles may soar, but bunnies don't get sucked into jet engines
Forum Resident
#36 Old 27th Apr 2006 at 6:47 AM
Default Butterfly Nursery & Jungle Bedroom
You are outside in the gardens. You see a cocoon where a butterfly will soon emerge. The rocking chair is almost hidden in the tall grass. The baby bed hangs from the bough of a tree and swings in the breeze. The butterflies merrily flutter around. The little one(s) play(s) on the big, soft butterfly rug in the center of the room. (These toys will all fit in the toy box at the end of the day.)

(Butterflies are on the bear, clock, curtain, mobile, wallpaper, and changing table.)

Your little one sleeps and plays among the fragrant flowers that attract the colorful butterflies. If (s)he tumbles from bed, a soft mat eases the fall.

This nursery accomodates both a baby and a toddler.

It's night time in the jungle - the sun is setting. Light a fire to keep the animals away (except one little ape hiding in the corner). Laze in your comfy hammock and munch on fruit, or stretch out on the leafy colored pillows. Coconuts hang high up in the tree tops (out of sight of this pic), and vines reach down low to the ground.

You are sleeping in a tree house like Swiss family Robinson, with mosquito netting around you. Bamboo grows tall around the bed. The green leaves, rich wood, wild plants and animals surround you, but you have created a safe haven here.

rentechd did the butterfly mobile
simnuts: butterfly curtain
WDS: changing table/dresser
butterfly wallpaper is called garden walk
the rocking horse is a soft line version
Simply styling made the butterfly rug
the butterfly clock is a fire alarm version from TSR
SimVault (3dconnection) made the deco baby supply basket
cemre: shelf over the changing table
silui - babykorb

Simaddict99 - romance free standing fireplace, sophia planters, century fruit
ape is pluschaffe
mango sims - various plants
reflex sims - wall candle
brigit43 - banana matte - hammock

Good luck all!
Test Subject
#37 Old 28th Apr 2006 at 3:49 AM
Default Round 2
Ok, appologies to all, but it's a woman's perogative to change her mind!

The jungle theme was a real challenge, that I hope I met adequately. I hate animal prints so I had tried for an african thatched hut feel to the room and was not happy with it. I still don't like animal prints, but really felt the room needed some, so here's an Ode to the Giraffe.

For the nursery, I stretched my fledgling wings with recolors. I went with dragonflies as the insect of choice =) I did not recolor any custom object, just maxis items and bedding.

As I failed to mention in round one, my custom content comes from any one of the following sites:

MTS2, TSR, HolySimoly, 11Dots, Peggy, AussieTopEnders, Avenida, Sunair, Spiffysims, Simstoday, parsimonious, UniversalSims, Vitasims, etc..

I give due credit to you all for your fantastic work.

For more lots, recolors and meshes, visit
Hula Sims
Field Researcher
#38 Old 28th Apr 2006 at 4:49 AM
Here's mine Hope you enjoy viewing

The jungle bedrm and I went with Ladybugs's for the Nursery

"The artist is nothing without the gift, but the gift is nothing without the work"
Sophisticated Sims
Featured Artist at Spiffy Sims
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 28th Apr 2006 at 8:52 AM
Bedroom

Nursery

Ariel of both rooms
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 28th Apr 2006 at 11:16 AM
Well here's my try - I found this real challenge. My downloads folder is now so full my game takes a day and a half to load (okay, I'm exagerating slightly lol). I can't believe I'm the third to post in a row with ladybugs - but I am so not redoing this!
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#41 Old 28th Apr 2006 at 6:28 PM
This is exactly why you guys are so amazing- A few of you have used butterflies, some have used lady bugs -yet not ONE of those rooms looks like anyone elses. Keep up the great work!

Grand Re-Opening NOW!!!
Instructor
#42 Old 28th Apr 2006 at 8:12 PM
OK, here's my entry!

Aerial Shot:

Nursery:

I've got a few words to add here: initially I wanted to use butterflies as the theme of this room, but I saw it had already been chosen by some of you guys, so I went for the bee theme. It was really hard finding suitable stuff or even paintings of bees, so this is why I'm not too pleased about my nursery.

Bedroom:

#43 Old 29th Apr 2006 at 3:43 AM
Aerial view of nursery and bedroom:

Buggy nursery:

Jungle bedroom:

A lot of custom content from TSR and Around the Sims :-)
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 29th Apr 2006 at 12:56 PM
Okay so I'll be honest, it wasn't easy. My recolouring efforts are atrociously deplorable so I had to go with what was available to me.

For the bedroom, I was torn beween a tropical jungle theme and an african serengeti type room, the latter won as I combined animal prints and darkwood furniture to create a cozy and intimate room.

So here's the overhead shot.

Bedroom shot 1

Bedroom shot 2

The nursery, man this was tough. I had to go with predominantly butterflies as those were all I had. Still I think the room came out okay as this was believe it or not, the first nursery I have ever built in my three years of playing sims 2

Nursery shot 1

Nursery shot 2
#45 Old 29th Apr 2006 at 5:47 PM
Okay, I think I had better post this one now. I could keep tweaking it forever!

For my jungle bedroom, I went with the tropical rainforest feel. It is very green and lush. I wanted it to feel as if you were sleeping outdoors in Hawaii, with the yellow and orange flowers, tropical drinks, and the soothing sounds of falling water. I call it my Hawaiian Honeymoon room.

For my nursery, I went with the butterfly theme as well. I did try to use a bedding print that was different, and pulled in lots of bright cheerful colors. I wanted it to look like the little girl toddler was playing with her toys, and just left the room for a minute.

My custom content is from all over, but a lot of the plants are from MST2 - most were made by mickyss, but there is a good mix of creators too. I used the canopies from Sunair Sims Pendant Bedroom, the love seat from Holy Simoly, and lots of my stuff is from Meshkiste too.
Hope you all like it! I can't wait to see what the next round it. LyricLee, you are making this very challenging and fun.

Field Researcher
#46 Old 29th Apr 2006 at 9:49 PM
Overhead

---
Bedroom: Deep in the Jungle...

---
Nursery: Ladybugs in the Garden

Test Subject
#47 Old 29th Apr 2006 at 11:14 PM
The play area of the nursery with a rocker beside the bookcase for when baby wants to be read to

Its a jungle out there and in the bedroom too.

And from above.

Thanks again for the opportunity to try this contest again. This 2nd Makeover contest has actually given me the push I needed to finally try recolouring my own items (nursery set).
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#48 Old 30th Apr 2006 at 6:53 PM
Default The 2nd Official Home Make Over Contest- Round 3- Extended - see inside
Round 3

Kitchen- Pick any animal of your choosing- Chickens, Cows, Sheep, Ducks, etc... and decorate this room with that cozy country feel. (It doesnt have to be a country kitchen. You may mix modern or medival ANY type of furniture you want so long as one animal is a predominant feel in the room)

Livingroom- A secret Garden- Similar to the jungle minus the wild animals- Make your living room a sanctuary that youd love to relax in. A special place filled with feelings from the outdoors. Get creative and show us your best indoor garden.

The Rules-

You are to decorate the following rooms (yes roomS- We will be doing TWO each week) According to the theme presented to you.

You may not edit walls-
You may not move the placement of the doors and windows.
You CAN change the style of the windows and doors to fit the theme of the room.

You will need to provide the following photos for this round.
Each room you decorate you can post no mroe than TWO photos PER room - to show the layout of your decorating skills.
You must provide ONE aerial photo showing both rooms to verify that you have decorated the correct rooms..

TOTAL PICTURES THIS ROUND =5

No chatter between posts please. I want to see entries only. Any questions may be placed in the Entry Round thread.

No reserving spaces.

Deadline You will have FOUR days to complete this round. This round will end thursday (5/4) morning at midnight. (the begining of thursday not the end of thursday night)

There has been a small extension given on this round- You will have until 8 am Eastern Time Zone to get your entries in- so thats another ten hours

Grand Re-Opening NOW!!!
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#49 Old 30th Apr 2006 at 6:55 PM
~~Contestant List~~

~1. HisBeachgirl
~2. Rascal
~3. cory_g
~4. nectere
~5. ciane
~6. minena
7. Gypsy
~8. alayaya
~9. Ms. Useless Knowledge
~10. JessicaRitchie

Grand Re-Opening NOW!!!
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 1st May 2006 at 6:30 AM
Default Round three
Look who gets to go first again
normally I like to sit on it for a while and see if I change my mind about anything but i can't really do that since I'm getting up at 5am tomorrow morning to catch the 6am ferry.... fun :D

I originally was going to do a "country cats" sort of kitchen, but I just couldnt stand it. It was too boring. SO, i came up with something a lot more fun. My boyfriend likes it, but he says that its waaaay too girly, which is pretty much exactly what I was going for

In case you can't tell (hopefully you can, or else I didn't do a very good job...) its flamingos! cute eh?

And the living room. I really like this style, I used a similar style for my bedroom. This is a bit different tho, because its lighter and sort of "secret gardeny..." rather than jungly.. I stumbled on that painting on the far wall, i think its so beautiful! White wicker furniture makes this place feel more like a patio or solarium than a living room, which is pretty much exactly what I wanted!

and a view of the "garden" behind the fence, and the wicker birdcage, complete with bluebird... tho it may be difficult to see it.

Here's the overhead view.

Custom Content: vita sims, the sims resource, MTS2, and peggy sims.

thats it for me guys, everyone have a good week!

Eagles may soar, but bunnies don't get sucked into jet engines

Page 2 of 3