Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Oct 2021 at 5:53 PM
Default WCIF Plumbot mods?
I'm sorta creating a futuristic world, and I've recently been creating "androids" in my game (which are plumbots that are modified to have sim bodies). But the problem is that the trait chip slots are limited (despite me having NRaas), and the so-called "androids" are kinda buggy and they don't have the functions that I want them to (basically more humanlike). I would make them into humans and just pretend they're androids, but they don't have the same abilities as plumbots which would enhance the gameplay. I know that there aren't that many Into The Future mods over here, but is there a chance that there is a mod that can allow for more sim-like plumbots that aren't buggy? (I'm kinda looking for a NRaas Hybrid sorta thing) Thanks!
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Oct 2021 at 7:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
"and they don't have the functions that I want them to (basically more humanlike)."

Can you elaborate? I have a lot of androids in my game and they seem fine. And the limited trait chip slots, I mean, how many do you want? Because I find a lot of the chips are redundant. If you give them the sentient chip, you can pretty much eliminate 1/2 the chip lots b/c their functions are all included in the sentient chip such as friendly functions, social functions, etc...

Yeah! So first of all, I used this tutorial (because the NRaas version of the tutorial doesn't work for me):
https://modthesims.info/t/524529

And so with the issue of the trait chips, I tried using the Sentience chip but it still wouldn't add friendly interactions, so I had to add the friendly functions chip. Another thing that I've also noticed with my android is the the mood meter doesn't change (meaning the sim doesn't change their mood. It just always stays neutral/fair). And my sim also doesn't get any moodlets. And also, the motives for their battery power and maintenance do not show any value, like they're just blank. On top of that, my sim can't use the charging station either, so I'm not really sure what's up. And yes, I've tried to use Nraas to reset them but they just go back to being "weird."

And yeah, my wording was weird. I basically want a human-like plumbot but with the same abilities as plumbots (like scanning, etc.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Oct 2021 at 12:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Yes, that's what the tutorial does. At least it should, but I do the NRAAS version. What you are describing is either the method is done incorrectly or you have mods/ccs which are affecting the plumbot.

What I'm trying to say is, those things you are describing are bugs/glitches, it's not suppose to happen this way. I don't see those in my game when I followed the NRAAS method.

I haven't done this in a while but if I remember correctly, I use the Time Traveler as the basis to transform to human state. But also, I don't remove the Time Traveler code after reverting it back to a plumbot b/c it makes the face disappear. But my androids basically look human with all the functions of a plumbot and their eyes glow (I have the plumbot eyes glow mod). They also talk and sound like plumbots and require maintanence.

Why don't you try the NRAAS method again and follow the way I did it. If you run into any problem, post in that thread or open a help thread. I always find messing around with the internal files messy and easy to create problems.

Remember you will need the MC Cheat + Integration addons.

Thanks! I'll try the NRaas tutorial again.