Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

*Recolourable* Wooden modular stairs (UPD 23feb07)

by Numenor Posted 25th Mar 2005 at 5:12 PM - Updated 24th Feb 2007 at 2:24 AM by Numenor : Bugfix(Empty icon in base-games)

105 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 93 Feedback Posts, 11 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 5
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 13th Apr 2005 at 5:23 PM
Excellent! thanks!
Test Subject
#27 Old 29th Apr 2005 at 7:14 AM
Ok, I've had these a while and finally figured out how to use them (I'm slow, too busy downloading) but I did run across a problem. I didn't retry it on another lot, so I don't know if it's a one time thing or not, but anyway, I couldn't color the 2nd step from the top. I could do all the rest, but not that one. Any ideas? Has anyone else come across this problem?

What I couldn't get to show up in pic was the pointer on the 2 steps. The glow on the top step, is where I had the pointer and I could click and choose a color, the second portion of the pic has no glow, so I couldn't select that step.
Screenshots
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#28 Old 29th Apr 2005 at 8:03 AM
The 2nd step from top (and sometimes the 2nd from bottom) are actually more difficult to select; I don't know why, there must be something with the clickable area...

Anyway, I've found that it's easier to select them if you rotate the camera so that it faces the side of the stairs, and then zoom in on the 2nd step.
Test Subject
#29 Old 30th Apr 2005 at 1:15 AM
Great, thanx for the response, I'll try that next time I play, don't have time now
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 7th Jul 2005 at 9:42 AM
I LIKE IT!! Hi 5 to you!! Now... can you do the fences and gates?? LOL *here to hoping*
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#31 Old 7th Jul 2005 at 2:40 PM
I still haven't found a way to recolour fences... I'm here to hoping, too!

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#32 Old 24th Aug 2005 at 12:44 AM
Thanks a lot Numenor

Marina
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 25th Aug 2005 at 5:10 AM
I agree with most everyone else. I love you too... I am so happy that we will have more color options for the stairs. It is very annoying to color match when you have to pick the stairs by the color they are.

Lady
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 26th Aug 2005 at 2:33 AM
wonderful work --

thank you

PS. wishing you good luck on the fences too
Field Researcher
#35 Old 26th Aug 2005 at 3:40 PM
Ummm, Id LOVE to use these (& the otheres like it that youve done) but they dont work for me I have CEP & put the needed bits from this into my downloads folder .... any clues?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#36 Old 29th Aug 2005 at 12:19 AM
Elven_Ranger: when you select the design tool (keyboard shortcut: "R"), and click on any step of the stairs, do you have a message saying "This object is not designable"?

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Field Researcher
#37 Old 13th Sep 2005 at 4:13 AM
Numenor would you please do the chic stairs or the other wooden stairs so that they are recolorable? I would like to recolor one of those tow staris, I need that type of railing. Pretty please? I have mexican tile for in-between the steps & a nice dark wood for the stair...
Inventor
#38 Old 19th Oct 2005 at 12:06 PM
What do I make wrong ?

I downloaded the "Numenor_DeckStairs_main.package" and the both recolors "Numenor_DeckStairs_redwood.package" & "Numenor_DeckStairs_blackWorn.package". I put all files ind the "Downloads"-folder (C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\EA Games\Die Sims 2\Downloads), but i can't find recolored versions of the deckstairs.

Please help !
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#39 Old 19th Oct 2005 at 3:11 PM
UK, have you read the "How to apply the recolour to the staircase" section in the front page? You won't find recolours in the catalog: you can only apply the recolours directly on an already placed staircase.

Inventor
#40 Old 20th Oct 2005 at 10:02 AM
Thanks and sorry. It was so simple. Next time i will read the instructions complete. Promised.
Instructor
#41 Old 28th Nov 2005 at 2:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by buntah
Yeah...I've often told him I loved him...I even asked him to marry me once, but it appears he's taken

so I guess I just have to settle for wonderful stuff like these stairs....thank you SO much Numenor....you are da KING!!

Ah, I think we're all in love with Numenor... Maybe he'll indulge us by making a Self-Sim. It would have to have a 10 for Niceness (and for Logic, of course!).
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 4th Dec 2005 at 5:27 AM
Very Beautiful! Thankyou for sharing. :D

~Kasey~
Field Researcher
#43 Old 29th Dec 2005 at 1:17 PM
Wow, perfect! I love these stairs
Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 4th Jan 2006 at 9:09 PM
thanks its greaT

(\__/)
( ^.^)
(")__(")98% of teenagers do or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your siggy.
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 19th Jan 2006 at 1:46 PM
Thank you soooooooo much!
Scholar
#46 Old 8th Feb 2006 at 1:44 PM
Many thanks

Please note - I'm not taking any requests at the moment.

You may include my items in your uploads but please credit with a link to either the object or my creator page please.

My Sims 2 videos
Test Subject
#47 Old 20th Jun 2006 at 7:06 AM
Wow! Thank you!
Test Subject
#48 Old 2nd Jul 2006 at 4:43 AM
Just curious about something concerning the file's date (love this mod, btw!) -- above you said above that the stairs were updated in Sept, and yet the file uploaded is dated March 25/ 05. Is there yet another version somewhere?

Thanks!

Max
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#49 Old 2nd Jul 2006 at 6:24 PM
There's a misunderstanding: both the "Posted" and "Updated" dates actually apply to the post, not the object. I've posted only one version, on Mar 25th 2005, and I've never updated the file. I've updated the post, though, to include some additional information that were previously omitted.

Lab Assistant
#50 Old 20th Sep 2006 at 12:07 AM
Thank you very much for creating and sharing!! I was bored the maxis stairs, but... I can't be able to find the stairs in the game. In build mode, always appear maxis stairs, not yours. Sorry for English! And thanks again!

Libertad no conozco sino la libertad de estar presa
en alguien
cuyo nombre no puedo oir sin escalofrío...

Viggo forever!!!!!
Page 2 of 5