Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 3:14 PM
Default Beach questions for residential, community and vacation
Vacation lots, if a family owns a vacation home on a beach lot, can they take toddlers there while avoiding the actual off lot tourist activities? This would be with the mods allowing toddlers off lot with older sims, not the actual vacation tours and stuff since toddlers would get nothing out of them. Do toddlers actually go into the water, even at the edge?

I'm planning a hood with residential beaches, along with some community beaches lots too, these would be non-vacation lots. What types of activities can toddlers do on a beach that would be autonomous? I tried searching for a hacked puddle to put in the shallow water for toddlers to look as though they actually play at the water's edge, but no such luck. It might even need to be invisible, I'm not really sure. It would fun to have the entire family be able to enjoy everything, instead of limits made according to age. I'll probably add beach toys too, since children and toddlers can use them. The ocean would be much better than having to add wading pools just so toddlers can get wet and splash around too. Silly question, does sand even affect a toddlers hunger bar? That's got to be one of the weirdest Maxis addition for things to do. (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 4:20 PM
I've never tried taking a toddler to a beach, but one thing to try to let them play in the water would be to place the toddler pool on the edge with move_objects and then arrange deco rocks to disguise it as a tide pool.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#3 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 5:00 PM Last edited by maxon : 2nd Jul 2017 at 5:11 PM.
I wonder if Bienchen's sandbox would work for you:
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=289853

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 2nd Jul 2017 at 10:40 PM
You can't take toddlers on vacation to BV holiday homes. What you can do is make community lot in a regular or sub hood and go there for holidays. I have taken toddlers to the beach before camping. Toddler can't go into the water but you can place down a playable puddle. They can also play in the sand.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Jul 2017 at 1:25 AM
Can toddlers sleep in a tent? I've been looking for a puddle they could use, haven't found one. Bienchen's sandbox works for toddlers, I was thinking of just adding a few of the pieces for them and children. (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.