Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#12551 Old 23rd Jan 2022 at 6:54 AM
I've alway wanted the power fridge showing up in buy mode on both community and residential lots ever since downloading it from here and I've gotten my wish there and the new verion is also cheaper as it's only 150$ while the original was 1500$.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#12552 Old 23rd Jan 2022 at 6:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ASAsims
I once had a mod that guests looked through a telescope and they could be abducted by aliens, unfortunately the mod is lost, I really want such a mod, it's so funny...

I have 2 mods that do that; one is a big green "crystal" - when a Sim "examines" it they will be abducted. Another one lets you pick "be abducted"

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Lab Assistant
#12553 Old 23rd Jan 2022 at 7:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
Every dirt/desert hood I play gets seasons changed; I don't have winter, and sometimes not spring (as it rains a lot then). Desert Universities get Summer/Fall/Summer/fall because Sims learn faster in fall.

Oh, I took out winter too! But I still think it rains too much in the other seasons for a dusty little desert town in the Sims-equivalent of Nevada [which is about where I imagine Strangetown to be]. So, that's why I think it would be handy to have a tuneable global mod where you can just set the temperatures and the chances of each kind of precipitation yourself. You could use it to make desert hoods, a far-north town where it doesn't get hot in summer and snows in fall & spring, or anything else -- and then you would still be able to use all 4 seasons and get the relationship & skill bonuses for each season even if the climate is different! You would have to remember to swap it out of your downloads folder if you switched between hoods with different climates, but I think that's not a big deal for many people's game setups.

Look what I found though -- it occurred to me to search for "weather" on MTS, d'oh, and here's an old download from 2007 that says it gives you "Texas desert weather". The creator has a couple of other weather-changing hacks with different options (like "overall colder temperatures" and "no falling leaves in autumn") too! I haven't tried it out yet, but I will have to take a look at it and see if it conflicts with anything else I use and if not, it might be perfect for me.
Mad Poster
#12554 Old 23rd Jan 2022 at 8:36 PM
@grammapat -I use the Mod baticeer linked in this thread and the other versions are available to switch out at any time I would download all version and only install one of them at a time and switch out if I need to change the weather for another game in another town.I've got the desert weather in for my BACC as Dodge is in a drought currently ad is entering the winter of 1841.
Lab Assistant
#12555 Old 24th Jan 2022 at 12:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
I have 2 mods that do that; one is a big green "crystal" - when a Sim "examines" it they will be abducted. Another one lets you pick "be abducted"

I know these mods, but they are for playable sims, guests will not look into these telescopes. And I had a mod with which the guests looked through the telescope and they could be abducted by the UFO
Mad Poster
#12556 Old 24th Jan 2022 at 6:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by baticeer
Which has also made me think, it'd be nice to be able to tweak the chances of certain kinds of weather. The baseline is fine for most neighborhoods, but I feel like it rains too much in Strangetown for the desert environment that it's supposed to be. Everything I've seen to do with weather control is about changing the current weather in the moment, I'd rather have a global thing I can tune to make weather appropriate to the climate I imagine a certain neighborhood having.

Not a global thing, but you can pop these down on your lots to tweak the weather: https://modthesims.info/d/520899/up...er-control.html
Top Secret Researcher
#12557 Old 25th Jan 2022 at 7:55 PM
It'd be cute if there were a "tell scary story" option on the campfire.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Forum Resident
#12558 Old 28th Jan 2022 at 7:24 PM
I'd like a mod that would allow sims to change voices. Like giving an adult a child voice, or a grim reaper voice. And have it set up in an object much like how the sims locomotor can change walking styles. Have it set up like "change voice to" on a pie menu and the sub menu will have choices like AF 1, AF 2, AM 1, AM 2, YAF/Teen YAM/Teen, Child 1, Toddler 1, EF, EM, GR(grim). Like I said, have it all on an object set up like sim locomotor and saving you the trouble of going thru SimPE and doing it that way which does not work BTW. Believe me. I've tried.
Mad Poster
#12559 Old 30th Jan 2022 at 12:19 AM Last edited by JDacapo : 30th Jan 2022 at 6:45 AM.
Item spawners which spawn things like rocks, seeds for harvestable plants, miscellaneous decorations, gems, etc. Maybe ones that could spawn harvestable plants and other items from Sun & Moon, and it would include a 'Place plant in inventory' interaction. The spawners could be programmed to react to werewolves, vampires, witches, plantsims, etc. Maybe mascots could make the spawner spawn some school items like football sculptures or pennants, or banners, or for the cow mascot, they could spawn flamingos and other silly things.

Also, I wish kids who are close to celebrating a birthday could have an interaction with the mailbox where they could "Send Birthday Party Invitation" to all schoolmates and several kids could RSVP and come over. It could be based on their relationship and somewhat random, and attending or not could affect their relationship with the child if they are friends.

Edit: There's a mod that allows kids to throw birthday parties: https://modthesims.info/d/651477/ch...ow-parties.html - Should be considered essential for somewhat realistic play.
Lab Assistant
#12560 Old 30th Jan 2022 at 11:46 AM
I wish there was a hack that made lots and houses (walls etc.) more expensive. When the game was launched, lots and houses had to be affordable because there were no alternatives, but we have apartments and hacks for mortgages and credits. I use hacks to reduce salaries and apartment rents so that it makes at least a bit more sense to rent an apartment, but I still think that the prices of houses are too cheap compared with the other prices ingame (clothing, food, drinks etc).
Alchemist
#12561 Old 30th Jan 2022 at 3:41 PM
If you want lots to be more expensive, put more expensive stuff in them. Or build bigger houses? If you fully furnish a house, it can get quite expensive.

Otherwise you can always make sims take out a loan with Monique's computer or etc., to add onto the price of the house. I don't think there's like a reverse mortgage shrub out there.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Instructor
#12562 Old 30th Jan 2022 at 8:44 PM
Slightly related to what @ralna said, but I would like for there to be something that alter/reduces the depreciation of lots, walls, and other build mode items. IRL homes appreciate over time, not the opposite.

This would help my game as I like to have my Sims move out of their family homes when the couple's last child moves out so that I can reuse the lot for a younger family, but it's kind of unrealistic that the lots depreciate as much as they do. It also really messes up the bills since those are calculated by lot value.

I might one day finish my Zanes Hollow project, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Until then, you can see what I'm up to on my Simblr!
Top Secret Researcher
#12563 Old 30th Jan 2022 at 8:55 PM
Fun fact: Houses in Japan depreciate over time. It's mostly due to rapid technology progression and constant updates to earthquake protocol. It gets to the point where it's more expensive to buy empty land than an old house.

=^..^=
Top Secret Researcher
#12565 Old 3rd Feb 2022 at 4:00 PM
It would be nice to have a mod that prevents dormies from going to class during a date. I've had one too many dates suffer greatly because my sim's lover went off to class right in the middle, even though they had JUST gotten back from class THREE HOURS AGO.

=^..^=
Mad Poster
#12566 Old 3rd Feb 2022 at 6:50 PM
If they're going to class at random times, I think you must have some mod that is doing that. Dormies are all first-semester freshmen in the Undeclared major, so they all go to class at 3 PM, I believe. If they are going at some other time you have something interfering with that.
Top Secret Researcher
#12567 Old 3rd Feb 2022 at 7:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
If they're going to class at random times, I think you must have some mod that is doing that. Dormies are all first-semester freshmen in the Undeclared major, so they all go to class at 3 PM, I believe. If they are going at some other time you have something interfering with that.

Either way, I shouldn't have to keep remembering that. If my controlled sims can skip class to keep a date going, then they can too, dammit. If they're engaged to a playable they'll automatically graduate when their fiancee does, and if they're not they'll never graduate at all, so what do they care about keeping their grades up?

=^..^=
Alchemist
#12568 Old 3rd Feb 2022 at 10:25 PM
It'll never happen, but I want to be able to build walls on the quarter tile.
Mad Poster
#12569 Old 3rd Feb 2022 at 11:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by StrangeTownChick
Either way, I shouldn't have to keep remembering that. If my controlled sims can skip class to keep a date going, then they can too, dammit. If they're engaged to a playable they'll automatically graduate when their fiancee does, and if they're not they'll never graduate at all, so what do they care about keeping their grades up?

I mean, your playables won't skip class to finish their date either, unless you intervene with god powers or turn free will off.
Top Secret Researcher
#12570 Old 4th Feb 2022 at 2:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
I mean, your playables won't skip class to finish their date either, unless you intervene with god powers or turn free will off.

Well, I said they can, meaning it's as easy as me cancelling the action.

=^..^=
Mad Poster
#12571 Old 4th Feb 2022 at 4:12 AM
But you don't have the ability to cancel any other uncontrollable sims' actions, why should you have the ability to cancel uncontrollable dormie dates' actions?
Field Researcher
#12572 Old 6th Feb 2022 at 11:45 AM
I hate that Titania Vineyards 1914 Toasting Sets (the champagne bottles that you can use for toasting) can't be placed next to each other with the snapobjectstogrid cheat, because they stack on each other awkwardly... I wish someone made a mod to edit this behaviour.
Field Researcher
#12573 Old 7th Feb 2022 at 1:08 AM
I'd like to see some different school uniforms for University Sims, such as sailor tops for both male and female young adult Sims. They should also come in recolors.
Lab Assistant
#12574 Old 7th Feb 2022 at 4:03 AM
It occurred to me while playing a university household today that it would be a nice touch for realism if uni students could bring a friend back to their dorms from class, the same way sims bring friends back from work or school.

For this to work best, I think it would need to go along with a mod that assigns dormies a random major, instead of them all being undeclared forever. That way you could get to know the students who are in the same major as you!
Forum Resident
#12575 Old 8th Feb 2022 at 8:15 PM
One to keep Bella Goth in her family after extracting her from SimPe, because I want to play with her .

I speak French only. If my statements are harsh, rude for you, that's not intentional. I just think Different due to my Language and my Culture.
But truly, I am open-minded than you think of.
Page 503 of 580