Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jan 2015 at 9:01 AM Last edited by mirabellarose : 11th Oct 2022 at 7:28 AM.
Default 100+ Converted Hairs for TSM
Edit 10/11/2022: Guys, there are more than 100 hairs in this file and I've taken detailed screenshots but you have to download the screenshots file. It's linked below. I even wrote notes on each screenshot so you know what the issues are with each hair. I did not include screenshots in the post itself because...more than 100 hairs!!!

I've learned a lot since then and I finally know how to use Blender. If I can find the time and figure it out the process I might resize the hairs that don't fit well on the head. Not promising anything, though.

Hello all.

Here are the hairs I converted...or rather, re-categorized, I guess, since I didn't touch the meshes. I used the tutorial found here and, with Velocitygrass's awesome medieval wrapper for S3PE, tweaked the files so TSM will recognize them.

All the credit for these lovely hairs go to Alesso, Cazy, Anubis for a couple of PeggyZone retextures, PeggyZone, Skysims, Newsea, Nightcrawler, Sintiklia, and Zauma. If anyone isn't mentioned but should be, please let me know.

There exists the usual trouble with the hairs: the meshes are too large for the heads in TSM, and sometimes the textures are wonky in-game. I have tested each hair in-game and weeded out the worst offenders.

All of the hairs are for adults, male and female. I have no hairs for kids converted yet, as I have no kidlets in my kingdom on whom to test the hairs. I suspect the villagers may be feeding the kids to the pit monster, or maybe the physician put birth control in the well. Seriously, no kids, no pregnancies in my kingdom. I'm going to pass a law. Each family must have twelve children or it's to the stocks!

Screenshots are here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/1...rabellarose.zip

Now, about getting the creator's approval. I want to make it clear that I have done everything in my power to get permission -- public messages, private messages, emails, an email to the owners of TSR, waited a few weeks to get a response, etc., etc., etc. -- and the only response I got was from Newsea, who gave me permission to use his/her TSR hairs. Therefore, I don't have any qualms about uploading the hairs here. Mods, I really tried, so please don't take down my upload (pleasepleaseplease).

'Nough said. Here ya go:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/l...rabellarose.zip

Edit: Forgot to mention that some of the hairs are technically female hairs that I re-categorized as male. These are hairs that are on the masculine side -- in my opinion, at least -- and fit the medieval theme well. Again, in my opinion. There are a couple of Cazy hairs I did this to, and some Nightcrawler hairs. There might be some Alesso, as well. I don't remember. Sorry.

Edit again: I just saw that I got an email from Nightcrawler giving me permission to post the hairs. Just thought I'd let you know.

Another edit: I went ahead and removed the hairs that had already been converted by Sauris. The link for her converted hairs can be found in this thread
Just scroll down to the bottom of the post. The link is there.

Also forgot to mention that I got permission from Kijiko, so there are some Kijiko hairs included, as well.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 10th Jan 2015 at 3:45 PM
I appreciate these downloads you have made available, mirabellarose, however, it is sad that there are no images of the hairstyles. I downloaded two, randomly selected, but not more because I have no idea what they will look like, and it is completely unreasonable to attempt to install every single one in order to see if they are likable. No offense to any of the authors of converted hair-styles either from whom you had chosen to use their works, or otherwise, but the fact about almost all converted hair mods I have tried in my game are awful.
What I mean by awful, is the tops of the sims head, their scalps are viewable, they are bald on top, the hair does not sit correctly on their heads, and strands of the hair are usually too far from the side of a sims head, away from the ears. They look like a carnival clown wig, rather than a scalp full of natural hair. Often also converted hairstyles are gastly in that they are colored the funkiest of colors, like pink, red, or blue, as if I wanted my sims to look like the offspring of Punk Rockers and an alien from the Planet of Dorkzone in Outerspace! These hairstyles children might be more attracted to, but probably not most adults.
It would be lovely if you might add some images to your thread here of the styles you have uploaded and posted. Thanks for posting them, once again.

Xeny

Quote:
Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Jan 2015 at 2:58 AM Last edited by mirabellarose : 12th Jan 2015 at 5:50 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Xeny
I appreciate these downloads you have made available, mirabellarose, however, it is sad that there are no images of the hairstyles. I downloaded two, randomly selected, but not more because I have no idea what they will look like, and it is completely unreasonable to attempt to install every single one in order to see if they are likable. No offense to any of the authors of converted hair-styles either from whom you had chosen to use their works, or otherwise, but the fact about almost all converted hair mods I have tried in my game are awful.
What I mean by awful, is the tops of the sims head, their scalps are viewable, they are bald on top, the hair does not sit correctly on their heads, and strands of the hair are usually too far from the side of a sims head, away from the ears. They look like a carnival clown wig, rather than a scalp full of natural hair. Often also converted hairstyles are gastly in that they are colored the funkiest of colors, like pink, red, or blue, as if I wanted my sims to look like the offspring of Punk Rockers and an alien from the Planet of Dorkzone in Outerspace! These hairstyles children might be more attracted to, but probably not most adults.
It would be lovely if you might add some images to your thread here of the styles you have uploaded and posted. Thanks for posting them, once again.

Xeny

I don't really have the time right now to add screenshots. I'm a student, and a mom. I have zero time. But all of the hairs are from The Sims Resource, which is a very well organized site and has very good images. You can go there to see the hairs.

As for how the hairs look, you're right. They are too big, they sometimes clip through the ears and clothing. Since I didn't touch the meshes, that's to be expected. But the colors aren't a problem. I think when you're talking about weird colors, you're talking about hairs that needed to be tweaked a little in Sims Workshop (the patterns needed to be changed). I did all that so none of the hairs have weird colors. The thumbnails do on some, but not the hairs. I can guarantee you that. I can't guarantee there won't be size issues and/or clipping issues, but I did weed out the ones that were the worst offenders.

Did you go in-game to see the hairs before you posted? If not, take a look at them in-game, they really aren't that bad, minor clipping and size issues aside, of course.

Also, I think you'll find that the best hairs for TSM are the ones by Cazy, Alesso, and Nightcrawler. The ones by Skysims and Newsea had some weird texture behaviors in-game. If you're worried about how the hairs will look, install only the Cazy, Alesso, and Nightcrawler hairs.

In addition, to avoid the five-head look, raise the face height, eyes height, mouth height, and chin height. Again, I weeded out the worst offending hairs. The ones I uploaded really aren't that bad, I promise you, and some of the things you might notice in CAS aren't visible in-game.

Edit: Alright, I'll include pics. It will take awhile though, Spring semester began last week and I'll be busy, but I'll work on it. I'm going to be taking the pictures from TSR though, so in the meantime, you can just go there to see the hairs. Stay tuned...

Edit again: Some of the hairs really look quite nice in TSM. Here's a hair by Nightcrawler (#28) that is a perfect example:

In CAS

In-game

In-game side view

Field Researcher
#4 Old 13th Jan 2015 at 7:23 PM
I looked at the two I downloaded randomly, and one had bright red, and black as its default colors....red like an apple, not red hair (orange). But it did fit better on the scalp than most other hair converts, so that was good. I didn't download any such hair as you show in the pics above though. Perhaps I shall try again. Thanks.

Quote:
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Jan 2015 at 11:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Xeny
I looked at the two I downloaded randomly, and one had bright red, and black as its default colors....red like an apple, not red hair (orange). But it did fit better on the scalp than most other hair converts, so that was good. I didn't download any such hair as you show in the pics above though. Perhaps I shall try again. Thanks.

You're having a problem with one of the hairs? That's not good. I thought I fixed all of them. Is this what you're seeing?

And just to let you know, I am working on screenshots. It's just going to take a couple of weeks.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 14th Jan 2015 at 7:03 PM Last edited by Xeny : 14th Jan 2015 at 7:23 PM.
LMAO! No! Not that extreme! No, I don't have any problem with any of your hair converts, its just the one I reflect upon was a bit more to the wild side of daily living in Medieval Times, than is the norm. LOL The one in which I refer had a sort of a frizzy look, and it was shorter, the top high, similar to what a mod from the 1980's might style their hair if going out to a night club, or a not so completely dark Goth....lol. It was a convert from the work of Nightcrawler. I can't take a pic of it though anymore as I removed it, and sent it on to its next life. I must say, so as to make myself completely clear to you, that indeed whatever tucks, and pulls you made to the style are excellent, in that the hair fit on the head nearly perfectly. I have an extremely difficult time finding hairstyle's I can be satisfied with putting on any of my sims heads. You see, I rather love them, and think they should look as human as possible in a real medieval world. I would really love to have them change styles once in a while though so as their Watcher can enjoy the game and their experiences more so. I have a great fear that one day the game will become boring, after years of playing because nothing new can enter the games environment, if you see what I'm saying. So, I actually consider it my personal responsibility to myself to keep you modders hopping, alive and determined to provide as close to perfection as can be achieved....ya know, so my enjoyment of my beloved sim babies can last an eternity....LOL Are you game?

Thanks so much, Dear for your added efforts, and humor? Its tough work being a student and a mama, the mama part the most difficult since striving to be the best to ones child and provide the best for them as well, is not always an easy or clear responsibility.

Bless, and I shall invoke some patience for my Sims future eternity, if you promise not to rush to post pics, and relax and take a bit of special time for you and your begotten....LOL have a great happy new year, mirabella

Xeny

PS Here I want to show you a pic of my monarch, and then you might see clearly why any hair style I put upon his drop dead gorgeous head MUST be as perfect as he:

My monarch, king, and Emperor of my many kingdoms, and my cartoon loving heart, the most handsome sim ever created in TSMP&N, and likely all other Sim games, Xylan Darksword:

Quote:
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 15th Jan 2015 at 10:48 AM
Well, he certainly is lovely, and that armor he's wearing rocks! Where did you get that armor. It is seriously beautiful and I want it!

I can't do anything with the meshes of the hairs. For one thing, I don't have permission from the original creators to tweak the mesh -- and MTS doesn't let you upload stuff if you haven't gotten permission from the creators. Mostly though, I just plain don't know how to mesh. I have everything I need: Milkshape, UV Mapper Pro, etc. etc., and I promised myself I would work on teaching myself how to mesh during the Christmas break, but instead I got caught up in painting skins for TSM. So that's what I'm working on now -- skin.

I'll keep converting hairs from The Sims Resource. If a new hair is posted, I'll convert it. But you're right, there aren't many medieval themed hairs out there. And that's a bummer.

And by the way, none of the hairs in my upload are orange like that. I fixed all of those.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 16th Jan 2015 at 5:36 AM Last edited by Xeny : 16th Jan 2015 at 6:21 AM.
Not orange hair....RED hair. The hairstyle was black and RED....REAL RED, and it came from your downloads folder, and was listed under Nightcrawler as original author, but it was not any hardship, as the red could be changed, I tested, so anyone who used it could make all of the hair one color, whichever they desired.

The armor that my king Xylan Darksword is wearing is the Doomplate Mail which can be forged by your blacksmith after he has reached level 10. He will need the Unicorn Horn in order to craft it, along with the other objects/metals/stones etc required in the recipe. This particular armor Xylan is wearing in the screenshot is not used in battle as I chose it for his profession outfit, so its his clothing, and then when he swordfights, he changes into his fighting armor which is usually the Angel's Guard, or the default colored Doomplate Mail which is black and red, and cannot be recolored in CAS.
However, if used as daily clothing, the armor can be recolored. It has four color boxes to choose the colors one wants the outfit to be in. Xylan and my knight, Reigh Nigh both have several outfits with different colors in the Doomplate Mail. In order to use this armor as a daily outfit you will need amKnightOutfitsUnlocked.package to place in your mods folder. There is also a afKnightOutfitsUnlocked.package for females, and a version of the Doomplate Mail for women. The color is of my own making, which I suppose is a dark turquoise.
These mods, and more, including helmets were posted by Enjoji and located in this link:

http://modthesims.info/t/439650

These are good mods, the only issue I have is that they enable NPC's to wear the armor, and who are not guards, or soldiers at all. I have a slight eye sight issue so I dress my hero sims in colorful and generally unique clothing in order to help me see them quickly and better, than if they wore earth tone outfits such as most of the default clothing is in TSM, but these mods allow NPC sims to randomly dress in these guard outfits, and even other clothing I colored and saved for specific hero sims of mine, especially the childrens outfits, and those of my spy, Lyan Deceit. I actually set clothing chests around the kingdom so as when I see a NPC wearing one of my designs, or a guard outfit who is not a guard, I snatch them up and change their attire to suit that of their station or occupation. It is important in my game play, that I know where characters are, who they are, and what they are doing so I can act quickly in response to an event which requires Watcher handling...if you get me.

This may not bother other gamers as much as it does me, so have loads of fun if you decide to use these mods to decorate your sims to your desire

On the NPC's who are not guards, in case you were interested in why I can't abide them wearing guards clothing, is due that I involve many of the guards in my hero sims' "lives" and quests, manually taking control of them to train my military sims in early ambitions, at the stages between levels 1 to 8 in order to level up my sword fighting sims faster, as you might know, generally during practice on a dummy a hero sim earns about 11xp every few seconds, but if he/she has a trainer (a guard or other sword fighting able sim) on the dummy with him/her, that sim will earn 20xp every few seconds, while the Trainer sim, if a hero sim, earns a meager 6xp, which doesn't matter usually since my military sims don't train NPC guards except if it is a responsibility envoked by the game to my knight, and NPC's don't gain xp, so Xylan and Reigh might only train other hero sims I have given the combat ability to, such as my Peteran Priest Lagger Beer, and my blacksmith Qyall Quartz, who usually appear in the kingdom after my monarch and knight are already at level 10 or higher...so it is important that I see the correct NPC sim identified by his/her attire in order to select them to train a low level hero sim.
Make sense? Not too silly? LOL TC, marabellarose.

Xeny

OH! PS I came back to edit in order to offer you an option of perhaps asking Grimreefer for help in learning how to do meshes. He's quite the expert on them, it seems. I use his meshes for nude male and female sims during sleep and party time....he he he he....and my sims look pretty good....these meshes are the generally clothed at all times parts of the body, so you know.
Now I can't speak for Grim, and from what I can tell, he is quite the busy fellow, but you might partake of his freely given knowledge by reading his tutorials found right here on this site. So good luck with any future meshes you might create! TTFN, Toots!

Quote:
Test Subject
#9 Old 16th Jan 2015 at 1:16 PM
mirabellarose: wow, it must have taken some time to convert these hairs, I really appreciate your effort. Just like Xeny, I would like to see some screenshots to see how the hairs actually look like before downloading them, so thank you for the screenshots in advance. I know it means lots of work, and you have other responsibilities too, so take all the time you need. Thank you again, you are great for doing this for us!

Xeny: Xylan Darksword really is handsome, I like him
Test Subject
#10 Old 17th Jan 2015 at 5:34 AM
Ohhh my goodness me! I got a real itch to crack open TSM again (I forgot I even had the pirates expansion!) and to see this thread gives me a lot of joooy! I see that there aren't screenshots, and if it's as simple as going in + out of the game to take some snaps after installing the hairs, I can offer my time to take some snaps!! Being a mum + student must be time heavy, so I have no problem going in + out of my game to help with that!!! After all, you've converted all of these hairs and it can't take too long to find the TSR hair photos and try to match them with the converted ones. Maybe tedious to do so, but really -- doing a task on repeat is therapeutic for me :3c

I think this might just be my first post on MTS, so I hope this alright to offer. I'll be subscribing to the thread so I can come back and download some hairs for later :'D

Thank you so much for this regardless of the no-screenshots!!!

~citron
Instructor
#11 Old 17th Jan 2015 at 11:54 PM
They all look awesome in game thank you so much
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 31st Jan 2015 at 12:24 AM
Just posting to let you know I finished the screenshots. Please, please, please don't hesitate to let me know if there are any problems. Also, I removed the hairs that had already been converted by Sauris. She has screenshots right on her site as well, so that helps.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 13th Feb 2015 at 8:38 AM
More hairs! I converted Alesso River and Alesso Anchor. Both are for Adult Female, and screenshots are in the zip file.

Enjoy! http://www.mediafire.com/view/cd1n8...air_for_TSM.zip
Test Subject
#14 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 2:21 AM
Ahhh thank you so much, these look super lovely in the game... I have been trying to convert my own to no avail! You're my savior <3

I've been looking for some Final Fantasy hair conversions for TSM and have had no such luck... If anyone would be able to convert some FFIX (Zidane, Dagger) or FFVII (Aerith, Cloud) hairstyles I would be eternally grateful...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 20th Mar 2015 at 2:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zeletina
Ahhh thank you so much, these look super lovely in the game... I have been trying to convert my own to no avail! You're my savior <3

I've been looking for some Final Fantasy hair conversions for TSM and have had no such luck... If anyone would be able to convert some FFIX (Zidane, Dagger) or FFVII (Aerith, Cloud) hairstyles I would be eternally grateful...

Unless they were converted to The Sims 3 I couldn't convert them. I just don't know enough about meshing. Sorry. If you find them already converted to The Sims (and if you have permission to share them since that's a requirement of this site) let me know and I can convert them. Actually, you could convert them yourself, it isn't hard at all. But if you want me to do it, I'd be happy to.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 20th Mar 2015 at 2:14 AM
More Hairs!

This time it's Skysims 258 and 259, Nightwrawler Timber and G.U.Y., and Cazy 167 Denial. All screenshots are included in the zip file.

Enjoy!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/9...ysims_Hairs.zip
Test Subject
#17 Old 6th Aug 2015 at 8:55 AM
How do you install hair and clothing in sims medieval?
Instructor
#18 Old 6th Aug 2015 at 6:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hfghfghfghfg
How do you install hair and clothing in sims medieval?

I see from your profile that you have The Sims 3. Have you successfully installed custom content for TS3? If so, you'll be fine: TSM works the exact same way. If you end up needing more detail though, please let me know.

Alternatively, you can click this link: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=438344

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Test Subject
#19 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 4:10 PM Last edited by hkmaja : 30th Aug 2015 at 6:23 PM.
Thank you so much for this - it's great to have so many more options! I'm encountering a weird problem though where none of the Kijiko hairs will show up. Others do just fine and they're all in the same place. Is anyone else having this issue or is this just me?

ETA: Forget that, it's just not working for my Monarch and Knight for some reason - they do show up for NPCs! How odd. I wonder if there is a way around that?
Test Subject
#20 Old 31st Aug 2015 at 1:02 AM Last edited by GoldenEffigy : 31st Aug 2015 at 1:13 AM.
I have been interested in seeing some hair diversity I saw that Shimrod did some male hair for females, but I think there are some female hair that would look good on males.
Examples.

The 4th image in the bottom row.
Test Subject
#21 Old 26th Oct 2015 at 6:42 PM
A lot of the hairs do not work for my hero characters, but they work for NPCs, any way to fix this?
Test Subject
#22 Old 14th Nov 2015 at 1:42 PM
Some of these hairstyles are absolutely gorgeous! The only problem I'm having is that with some of them, my sim's eyes change to the colour of the "accessory colour" of the hair. So I can't use some hairstyles without having sims with weird blonde circles where their eyes should be!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 7th Mar 2016 at 2:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bethius
Some of these hairstyles are absolutely gorgeous! The only problem I'm having is that with some of them, my sim's eyes change to the colour of the "accessory colour" of the hair. So I can't use some hairstyles without having sims with weird blonde circles where their eyes should be!

That happens to me too. Probably something to do with the UV Map, I think, and since the hairs were never intended to be used for TSM...what can you do? There are custom eyes on Mod The Sims, in the TSM download section. They work fine to cover up the borked eyes.
Test Subject
#24 Old 26th Jan 2021 at 12:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nita90
mirabellarose: wow, it must have taken some time to convert these hairs, I really appreciate your effort. Just like Xeny, I would like to see some screenshots to see how the hairs actually look like before downloading them, so thank you for the screenshots in advance. I know it means lots of work, and you have other responsibilities too, so take all the time you need. Thank you again, you are great for doing this for us!

Xeny: Xylan Darksword really is handsome, I like him

Medieval knights wore their hair long with a part to distinguish them from peasants who wore their hair short to be less inconvenient as they worked. Knights could keep their hair cleaner. It was supposed to be terrifying for a warrior. It is also protective and pads helmets. Knights wore square cuts. They would cut the front hair and have very short bangs so it did not get in their face as the wind blew.