Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Dec 2021 at 2:58 PM
Mods that increase UI size for big screens? UI is tiny for me :(
Hello community. Do you know anything about modifying the user interface to be larger or smaller? I love the Sims 3. But I unfortunately have a larger-than-average monitor. I use an ultra-wide 3440x1440, and sometimes, a smaller 1920 x 1080 standard monitor. The Sims 3 is microscopic on my screen because of it being developed back in 2011 when computer screens were really small and 1920 was the largest computer screen size. I haven't been able to find a single mod that makes the user interface larger. Just ones that reskin it or change certain aspects of it. If you have any tips or advice, would love to hear it.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 29th Dec 2021 at 5:20 AM
As someone who has a 4k screen I found that playing the game in 2k was the best middle ground for the small ui issue. As for modifiying the user interface to scale with the game resolution i'm not sure if it can be done since the ui is tied to the games resolution and the ui only has one version of itself. UI that can scale needs a lot of the same ui texture at diferent resolutions to work. But who knows might be possible though?
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 1st Jan 2022 at 10:22 AM
As far as I know, after years of playing The Sims on a 4K display myself, native UI scaling is sadly not possible for any game in the series prior to TS4 and it's not something that the community has been able to incorporate (yet?). I've seen this question be asked a lot and never once was there a solution offered other than learn to compromise.

It might sound odd but personally I've actually come to like the "tiny" UI for 3840x2160 in The Sims 2 and The Sims 3. As you can imagine I struggled quite a bit on my 15.6" portable monitor but at my 28" desktop monitor it's honestly not something I even notice any more. I suppose this isn't exactly "advice" but I would say that there are some nice things about the UI being so small. The Sims 3 in 4K is a very beautiful game, and you get to see more of the scene without UI elements getting in the way haha.

I'm not going to lie and say that I wouldn't love to have the option for UI scaling, because I would, but you may find that you get used to it in the end. I mean heck, I recently saw the 1920x1080 UI for the time in a couple of years and I was shocked by how giant and cluttered it looked in comparison to my game.