Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Sep 2018 at 3:08 PM
NRAAS Wikispaces Backup?
Hey everyone,

I've been reading on the wikispace that the NRAAS site will be taken down soon. I want to download, compile, and reconstruct the website, but I really don't have time. I'm getting married in one month (Halloween!)

Has anyone else already backed up NRAAS?

If not...

...will anyone help me?

I can work on it but I will need HELP

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 25th Sep 2018 at 6:46 PM
OT marriage on Halloween? That sounds so cool :lovestruc Maybe I should marry my Sims on Spooky Day, but that would mean I'll have to wait over half Sim year, which is more than 10 days in my game and I don't want to wait that long so I decided to marry them on Love Day, which surely will be an event to remember as well. Sorry for unrelated OT.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 25th Sep 2018 at 8:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by keroseneheart
Hey everyone,
I want to download, compile, and reconstruct the website.

You actually cannot do that unless you are an NRaas Wiki Organizer or higher, at least not in any automated way. Page by page and file by file would be really painful.

Anyway, they do say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but in this case we would prefer that our members and other assorted friends do not try to replicate the site we are already working with.
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#5 Old 26th Sep 2018 at 8:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by keroseneheart
Hey everyone,

I've been reading on the wikispace that the NRAAS site will be taken down soon. I want to download, compile, and reconstruct the website, but I really don't have time. I'm getting married in one month (Halloween!)

Has anyone else already backed up NRAAS?

If not...

...will anyone help me?

I can work on it but I will need HELP

Now this is OT, but why the heck do you have 2 billion posts?
Haha, but congrats on getting married on Halloween

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Mad Poster
#6 Old 26th Sep 2018 at 8:44 PM
God damn, that's an overflow if I've ever seen one.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2,147...47#In_computing

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7 Old 26th Sep 2018 at 8:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheSweetToddler
Now this is OT, but why the heck do you have 2 billion posts?

628,367.88 posts per day!

I think you're right about the overflow, Pi. @Tashiketh might be interested!
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 26th Sep 2018 at 9:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
You actually cannot do that unless you are an NRaas Wiki Organizer or higher, at least not in any automated way. Page by page and file by file would be really painful.

Anyway, they do say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but in this case we would prefer that our members and other assorted friends do not try to replicate the site we are already working with.

I can't help it. The nerd in me just gotta say it... wget can suck the whole website onto your computer!
Don't do it tho!! Website sucking is considered quite rude as it sucks up bandwidth and there is absolutely no reason to do it since NRAAS is in the process of moving.

Sims are better than us.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 27th Sep 2018 at 6:09 AM
*bangs head repeatedly against wall*

This exact same conversation is going to be posted here for the next five years, isn't it?

Thanks, I hate it.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#11 Old 27th Sep 2018 at 7:40 AM
@simsample thanks for the heads up. I thought I fixed that bug years ago

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 27th Sep 2018 at 9:43 AM
Well if we're talking about bugs, how come the new posts tabs to the right of the home page keep changing time zones? One minute the last post was at 9:23 GDP, the next it's at 5:23 PDM, and before you know it it's moved on to 4:23 ETS.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#13 Old 27th Sep 2018 at 5:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by floopyboo
*bangs head repeatedly against wall*

This exact same conversation is going to be posted here for the next five years, isn't it?

No, in about four days it won't be relevant anymore since our wikispaces tenancy will have concluded and there will be nothing left to see there. Instead it will be "Why has NRaas completely disappeared and where can I get the mods?" because they don't like or aren't seeing the redirect to the new site.

Sorry if this annoys you, but what would you suggest we do? We have many members and non-member users who only try to access the site once every few years, it's kind of difficult to get their attention in between the times that they need to find us.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 27th Sep 2018 at 7:33 PM
Sorry if this annoys you, but what would you suggest we do?

Ban them. Ban them all!

insert signature here
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 27th Sep 2018 at 10:12 PM
On the bright side, the NRAAS guys must feel loved and wanted what with everyone losing their minds over the misunderstanding that they're about to be gone forever.
Just a "thanks guys! Great stuff" might be a better way to express the gratitude, tho'.

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 27th Sep 2018 at 11:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
Ban them. Ban them all!

You know, just about every operation in existence would run more smoothly without "customers." This sounds like a really good idea. Done, everyone everywhere is now banned.

Am certain there's something I'm forgetting to take into account here though...not sure what it is. Might come to me in the morning maybe.
Site Helper
#17 Old 28th Sep 2018 at 1:50 PM
I still think it's appropriate that they are being forced to pack up and move again. NRAAS started out with Twallan as a pack of nomads in search of a forever home. Every couple of years the topic of the day was "Where are they now?" So they are just continuing an old (and annoying) tradition.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 28th Sep 2018 at 2:27 PM
Hopefully they will stick with this new site for a lot of upcoming years.
Sorry if this annoys you, but what would you suggest we do? We have many members and non-member users who only try to access the site once every few years, it's kind of difficult to get their attention in between the times that they need to find us.

What could help here on MTS is to stick your thread about NRaas moving. Hopefully, if people saw it sticky, they wouldn't ask stupidly about future of NRaas site.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 28th Sep 2018 at 2:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by peno
What could help here on MTS is to stick your thread about NRaas moving. Hopefully, if people saw it sticky, they wouldn't ask stupidly about future of NRaas site.

Agree on the sticky idea but that one didn't seem to gain much traction the last time it was suggested.

Not sure that being uninformed about the progress of NRaas in the post-Twallan era, where we are/what we are doing today, and succumbing to a gut reaction to take action where none is needed really rise to the level of "stupid." It might seem that way though to those of us who live and breathe through the mods and sit anxiously on the edges of our seats in anticipation of each new development. Besides, until just now the OP had been managing an average of 628,000 posts per day here on MTS, so clearly they have been very busy and haven't had time to check us out sufficiently.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 30th Sep 2018 at 11:24 AM
No, in about four days it won't be relevant anymore since our wikispaces tenancy will have concluded and there will be nothing left to see there. Instead it will be "Why has NRaas completely disappeared and where can I get the mods?" because they don't like or aren't seeing the redirect to the new site.

Can't fault you guys, you're doing everything right. (except putting the relaunch date as 30th Sept/1st Oct would have saved me a lot of headaches from trying to log into the new site today lol) Just, you know, expecting a certain level of reading comprehension from the posters - all of whom thus far have posted in pretty good english, leading me to believe they are not running up against a bad google translation so much as not bothering to read every notice you guys have posted everywhere.

Thanks, I hate it.