Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Apr 2021 at 4:14 AM
Steam sale! 25-50% off ends April 19
As mentioned by fascisthater in this thread, Sims 3 is on sale at Steam. (It's been awhile.) EPs are 50% off and SPs are 25% off. Sale prices aren't the $4.99 of days past, but I'll take it.

https://store.steampowered.com/search/?term=sims+3

Anyone else been waiting like I have?

*Susan*
Sims 3: Laura Bow, Lillian Prune, and Steve Dorian by me!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 8th Apr 2021 at 5:05 AM
My issue with the steam version is you still require EA Origin. So you'll have Steam and Origin running at the same time just to play. I wish I could play without either of them hogging up resources on my system.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 8th Apr 2021 at 7:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Buzzbugs
My issue with the steam version is you still require EA Origin. So you'll have Steam and Origin running at the same time just to play. I wish I could play without either of them hogging up resources on my system.

The Steam version of TS3 does not require Origin. I don't have Origin installed at all on the system where I play TS3 and instead use the Origin.com website in the rare instances where I need to purchase store points or something like that. It delivers Patch 1.67, which means that unlike the Origin version it can still be started up with a Launcher bypass. After the initial launch, it is not required to have the Steam client running in any way to play the game although you do need its presence to manage the DRM and to get things going initially.

I think you may be confusing the way in which Steam delivers TS4 with TS3. They were not done the same way because the agreements between Steam/Valve and EA were very different at the times that the games were made available.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 23rd Dec 2021 at 12:56 AM
The Sims 3 is on sale at Steam for 50% off starting today 12/22/21 and ends 1/5/22 for base game and EP's/SP's excluding KPST.

Previous Game: Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition (100% riddles completed; now I know why I've always been fascinated with The Riddler, lol.)

Next Game: Batman Arkham City GOTY Edition