Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th May 2021 at 5:38 PM Last edited by atomtanned : 7th May 2021 at 6:23 PM.
Default Converted wall deco floating off wall
Hello, I feel like this is a simple error but I can't seem to figure it out. I am trying to convert a wall hanging from Sims 4. It's cloned from one of the Maxis paintings, but the mesh is floating off the wall. I feel like maybe I need to add something to the Function - Init BHAV? I tried adding the flag to not use the Maya Model Footprint, but that didn't seem to do anything.

Would appreciate any help and can of course upload the file if needed. Thanks in advance!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 7th May 2021 at 6:11 PM
TS4 wall deco isn't fitted for TS2 walls. You have to export a wallhanging from TS2 (the mesh from the one you originally cloned is fine) and move the mesh in a meshing program so it's aligned with the TS2 wallhanging, then export/import it back to SimPE.

It's the same with chairs and lamps and various other meshes. If it isn't placed where you want it, you most likely need to move the mesh manually.

You can use Blender for this (I assume you already have Blender if you're doing TS4 conversions) - just make sure you export the OBJ mesh from SimPE first (click "export" button) and import it into Blender, adjust the TS4 mesh to the position of the TS2 mesh (make sure to not move the TS2 mesh). When the TS4 mesh is adjusted, delete the TS2 parts you imported in, then export the TS4 mesh like you'd normally do. You can also do the adjustments in Milkshape.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th May 2021 at 6:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
TS4 wall deco isn't fitted for TS2 walls. You have to export a wallhanging from TS2 (the mesh from the one you originally cloned is fine) and move the mesh in a meshing program so it's aligned with the TS2 wallhanging, then export/import it back to SimPE.

It's the same with chairs and lamps and various other meshes. If it isn't placed where you want it, you most likely need to move the mesh manually.

Thank you so much, that did it! I knew it was something easy, but it's been a while since I converted something. Really appreciate the quick reply!