Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Mar 2008 at 7:03 PM
Default Asian music
Anyone here like asian songs? I especially like taiwanese and cantonese songs. Anyone???
Advertisement
#2 Old 23rd Mar 2008 at 9:20 PM
J-Rock and J-Pop all the way!
I'd say eighty-five percent of my iTunes library is Japanese.
#3 Old 23rd Mar 2008 at 9:35 PM
ahhh haha

I've been into kpop for a while now... but recently getting into some jrock, jpop

i may not understand.. but it goes to prove that music really is universal
#4 Old 23rd Mar 2008 at 10:35 PM
I like Akira Yamaoka's music. He be good. I have no idea if he's japanese or chinese, or korean, but I surely know he can frighten a mad cow with his sound effects (plus, new age songs are the rulz).
#5 Old 23rd Mar 2008 at 10:38 PM
I'm into,mostly j-rock and j-pop,but also some k-pop.
Scholar
#6 Old 24th Mar 2008 at 8:03 AM
A lot of jpop tends to be too cutesy for me, and most of the kpop, jpop, and cpop I've heard have sounded like stereotypical pop music without much innovation or complexity. It's not that I dislike pop music, but there needs to be something about it that makes it memorable.

I'd love to hear more good asian music, if anyone has any recommendations.

Here are a few songs that I like:
Hide & Seek by Namie Amuro - I heard a couple of her other songs but didn't like them much
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Re1m...feature=related

Qi Shi Jing Shen by Jolin Tsai (feat. Jay Chou)- I've heard a handful of her songs, and I like about 1/3 of them:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6yqEwUWGcg
Test Subject
#7 Old 27th Mar 2008 at 7:31 PM
I'm Korean so the only Asian music i listen to is Kpop. haha But i'd make an exception for Japanese anime soundtracks and instrumental music. I have lots of Asian friends who listen to songs they can't even understand and they like it! I dont get it. o_O

I think Korean music these days suck. I miss the oldies: Sechskies, Shinhwa, S.E.S, Turbo, Finkl, etc. That was the best generation for kpop.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 1st Apr 2008 at 3:52 AM
I actually hate chinese songs(I'm chinese),too stereotypical,and everyone in the house(I live with college friends) looooooooooove Jay Zhou to death,they played his songs over and over and over again,I'm so sick of that guy(I got bored with his songs really quickly)

I'm not much into korean songs either(they all seems like the same songs,and I'm not into sentimental songs or whatever,I don't understand their language),strangely many girls think Rain is so handsome I just don't get that,he looked very average to me...

I love J-Pop,back in the old days there's SPEED(very girly but their music is so cool,SHE is kinda like their copycats,SHE is a chinese girl band btw)

There's also Yui,her songs touches me(very soulful,dunno why),whatsmore animes rules the 2D world,and J-Pop rules their soundtracks,thus making J-Pop widely known and heard,A equals B equals C bla bla bla...
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 14th Apr 2008 at 4:58 PM
I agree with Robokitty about J-Pop, most of it's too cutesy, but I really like Hikaru Utada, her voice has substance and some of her songs are great (I love Passion/Sanctuary because it's beautiful while still having a strong rhythm... and the backward version is cool too in a weird sort of way )
I also like The Pillows, they're the band who did the soundtrack for the anime FLCL.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 16th Apr 2008 at 4:07 AM
K-pop: Lee Soo Young.
I LOVE her music, singing style, and the emotions she put into all her songs.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 16th Apr 2008 at 4:29 AM
I love cutesy, so I'm very into Jpop (particularly Morning Musume). I also like Super Junior a little, but I've only heard one or two songs from them.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 21st Apr 2008 at 1:02 PM
Well I'm a chinese myself, and I live in Singapore, a country where MOST people my age go crazy over taiwanese/korean/japanese/hongkong music. I used to be pretty into those, actually! That was a few years back. Now I've sort of grown more inclined towards Western Music after spending one year in international school.. but I still listen to asian music, though, like on the way to school. I tune in to the chinese music channel all the time

Shoo, stop staring at this and go fly a kite.
#13 Old 25th May 2008 at 12:21 AM
J-Rock and J-Pop ^^ some Korean and Chinese music aswell

My Favorite band is X JAPAN

@Elven Moon

SJ are good, my favorite K-Pop band, their new album is really good you should try and listen to it