Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jul 2021 at 6:02 PM
Explain to Me Like I'm 5 - How to edit XTOL flags?
Hi. I wanted to edit MATY/Pescado's creaturefixes so alien eyes (and possibly skin as well) can be townified. The problem is, I don't know how to do ANYTHING in SimPE. Here's Midge telling me what I should do, but I don't even know where to start. Can someone help me?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 11th Jul 2021 at 6:35 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 11th Jul 2021 at 8:18 PM.
(if that's all you have to do)

Open up the file in SimPE find the XTOL (I think it's the PropertySet or whatever it's called for eyes, can't remember - should say XTOL in paranthesis)
find the "Flags" line
under the "value" to the right, write 0
Click "commit" and save.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Jul 2021 at 6:40 PM
I think I did what I should've done. There was a string in its place with 0x(whatever number of 0s)9, and I replaced it all with a single 0 and commited the change.
Should I do the same for the alien skin, @simmer22? Or is that something creaturefixes already townifies?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 11th Jul 2021 at 8:31 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 11th Jul 2021 at 8:42 PM.
There's no need to write all the extra 0s, just whatever number you want. SimPE fills in the missing 0x and howevermany0s to fill in so there's 8 digits (or 4, depending on where you are in SimPE).

I'm not too familiar with creaturefixes (other than having put it in my game roughly 10-12-ish years ago and vaguely being aware it's there). Can't tell if this mod does what you want or not (I'm not a "hack" type modder, and I have no idea where to even begin to analyze files that Pescado makes )