Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Feb 2020 at 9:53 AM Last edited by goderguy : 17th Feb 2020 at 11:31 PM.
Default WCIF groutless checkerboard linoleum or tile
UPDATE: Thanks for all the suggestions. You can’t remove shine, stencils, overlays, etc. from flooring, and I searched my entire in-game flooring library for anything that might work and cane up empty-handed. I miss TS2 and the floor and wall creation tool - I could make anything, and at the scale I wanted too... thanks again - I’ll keep looking!

I’m looking for flooring that is groutless, in a checkerboard pattern, four squares to a Sim tile (see photo). I want to be able to customize both the color and the material. There is something in the masonry or stone flooring, but it has a dirty/worn mask. Is there anything out there? It seems flooring is slim pickins for TS3. If it doesn’t exist, is there a way to get rid of the mask in the existing flooring I found? I want clean, crisp and bright colors for some retro basements I’t making. TIA!
Screenshots

goderguy
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 17th Feb 2020 at 10:30 AM
You can try this - for removing stencils, overlays, masks - https://modthesims.info/d/478307/re...01-16-2014.html

Maybe you could just alternate the squares with a plain texture?
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 17th Feb 2020 at 11:48 AM
I quickly alternated black and white carpet squares. I kind of like this room!
Screenshots
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 17th Feb 2020 at 4:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KatyFernlily
You can try this - for removing stencils, overlays, masks - https://modthesims.info/d/478307/re...01-16-2014.html

Maybe you could just alternate the squares with a plain texture?

I thought about the option to remove the overlay with this method after I posted this (my game was shut off at that point). I will try it. Thanks!

goderguy
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 17th Feb 2020 at 4:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
This is right under tiles, so I don't know why you couldn't find them. They're with basegame. Just change the color to plain black and white

For ones without tile edges, use regular carpet and use the geometric pattern, but they're a little smaller:

I appreciate your reply. I didn’t use the first option because it has grout lines, and the second option is a smaller scale than I’m wishing for. Thanks anyway!

goderguy
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 17th Feb 2020 at 4:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KatyFernlily
I quickly alternated black and white carpet squares. I kind of like this room!

I did start with this method, but the pattern is a lot larger than I’m wishing for. Thank you for the suggestion though!

goderguy
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 18th Feb 2020 at 11:20 AM Last edited by KatyFernlily : 18th Feb 2020 at 11:41 AM.
It's very easy to make your own patterns with the Create Pattern thingy - https://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/...e-a-pattern.php

https://www.researchgate.net/figure..._fig4_292606446

p.s. I think the grout lines are recolorable, if I'm not mistaken. (game patterns)
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 18th Feb 2020 at 12:04 PM Last edited by KatyFernlily : 18th Feb 2020 at 12:24 PM.
In game tile pattern with grout recolored black. I turned the black and white all the way to the darkest and the lightest in the second picture.
Screenshots
Instructor
Original Poster
#12 Old 19th Feb 2020 at 2:16 AM
That would have been perfect! I resorted to creating my own in TSR Workshop. I took the “dirty” terra cotta tile I mentioned earlier and removed the multiplier that provided the dirty appearance. We will see how it turns out shortly!

goderguy
Instructor
Original Poster
#14 Old 19th Feb 2020 at 6:08 PM
Here is my attempt to create a new multiplier mask for the terra cotta tile flooring to simulate linoleum. 2 of the 4 squares have the pattern running up/down, the other two left/right. It needs some tweaks, but better than anything I could find in game or (downloadable) CC. I have to use really dark colors to get really medium shades; not sure why but I'll work on it.
Screenshots

goderguy