Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Sims 3 Mod Generator (OUTDATED)

by morgade Posted 8th Jul 2009 at 2:08 PM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 3:16 PM by Nysha

160 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 152 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 7
Test Subject
#126 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 5:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Atrinosia
love love LOVE this and I've used it several times for little tweaks here and there! <3

I do have a question for anyone that may read this: Regarding the Kleptomaniac trait, I've been trying (without much success) to make it possible for a Sim to swipe more then 3 times a night. Now, I know there is a tuning value that can be changed and I have changed it (once at 20, then at 15 when 20 didn't work, then once more at 10 which still doesn't work.) The other values regarding the Klepto trait worked fine (time at which you can start swiping, time at which you must stop.) But for some reason, I simply can't get the "number of objects a Kleptomaniac Sim is allowed to steal per day" value to work...

Does anyone know if there's some other value I need to change as well? Or a way to get this to work?
I had the same problem... I found a much better thing then this mod... simply edit the XML directly (google how to edit xml files in the sims 3) and you should find a tutorial... I only use this program to search for things but then I just edit the xml directly with that other program for all my mods
Test Subject
#127 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 5:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by catlover211p
I had the same problem... I found a much better thing then this mod... simply edit the XML directly (google how to edit xml files in the sims 3) and you should find a tutorial... I only use this program to search for things but then I just edit the xml directly with that other program for all my mods

Ah! Wonderful. I never realised how simple it was to edit XML until I'd read through the tutorial. Thank you very much!
Test Subject
#128 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 1:02 AM
i am trying to find a way to make it so the selected sim is not affected by autonomy. the reason i want to do this is so i can make an apartment/dorm. so basically there will be other people in the household but they can all be doing their own thing while i completely control my own sim. ANY HELP?
Lab Assistant
#129 Old 2nd Aug 2009 at 12:26 AM
This is so awesome! It worked for me, I've removed the cold shower effect, and made sims flush the toilet with this, also made beds have the same comfort rate, and give the pluses, and I never get the bad night sleeps anymore. It is not flawless though, because I couldn't make brushing teeth and admiring self in the mirror shorter. It just doesn't accept the values, and I haven't reduced it that much. But it is still cool, because this way things don't conflict with each other. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
Test Subject
#130 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 7:10 PM
i have just one question how do you change a mod you make on that into a package?
Lab Assistant
#131 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 11:21 AM
Any way to change overall game time? I want to slow it down like Merola's Time Control Clock does (but not requiring an object, per se--I'll be satisfied with a mod for now).
Test Subject
#132 Old 7th Aug 2009 at 5:07 AM
I have the right Java version but it's still not working on a mac....
Test Subject
#133 Old 7th Aug 2009 at 5:28 AM
Great tool, but beware... You're playing with powerful forces here...

Question: Can or will in the future this tool allow you to make careers?

If not, how do you create careers?

-- Resistance is Futile --
-- ( If less than 1 ohm ) --
Test Subject
#134 Old 10th Aug 2009 at 9:24 AM
Awesome! :wink: I sucessfully made a mod and put it online! Check it out! [url=http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=358559]HERE![/link] Thanks!
Test Subject
#135 Old 11th Aug 2009 at 5:09 AM Last edited by Elemente : 11th Aug 2009 at 5:26 AM. Reason: Didn't read the overview.
Great
Great program you should add more descs.
Test Subject
#136 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 6:40 AM Last edited by byronh29 : 18th Aug 2009 at 6:52 AM.
Could anyone explain what "LTR", "RTC" and "STC" mean? I see those abbreviations all the time in the mod generator but I can't figure out what they stand for.
Test Subject
#137 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 3:56 PM
Thanks for making this! I'll get to making my Hardcore Burglar Mod! Oh and, Flawless Victory.

I live in the Internet.
Test Subject
#138 Old 24th Aug 2009 at 9:51 PM
what does "kEnvironmentperValue" mean
Test Subject
#139 Old 27th Aug 2009 at 3:54 AM
STBL References...?
Quote: Originally posted by byronh29
Could anyone explain what "LTR", "RTC" and "STC" mean? I see those abbreviations all the time in the mod generator but I can't figure out what they stand for.

They are referenced inside of STBL files and list relationship stages ( Friends, Best Friends, Fiances and others) and one of the others are like, for example, "{0.SimName} is very alluring.", but here, it could mean anything...

Visit my website: Xane.com, please! This is Xane123, signing off!
Instructor
#140 Old 27th Aug 2009 at 1:43 PM
Sorry for possible necromancy, but could you give me a small information? I was directed to this thread from another site and downloaded the tool. It is only that it states "it requires Java 1.6"
When you state such requirement, do you mean that it is required Java that is minimum 1.6?
I visited the Java thread for version 1.6 and all the lines ends with "please update to the last Java".
I have already updated the last Java. Is this enough?
If my supposition is correct could you in the future state that something newer is acceptable or preferable
I'm not modding for TS3 and I just want to find my own solutions. This would avoid more stupid questions. Thanks.
Instructor
#141 Old 27th Aug 2009 at 5:13 PM
Never mind. Got the answer from a Linux fan.
Test Subject
#142 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 8:06 PM
Can anyone else make plugins the core plugin rar didn't have?

I live in the Internet.
Test Subject
#143 Old 31st Aug 2009 at 1:59 AM
This is made of awesome. I just made a mod of changing novels' length/royalty to what I thought they should be! Sweet!
Test Subject
#144 Old 19th Sep 2009 at 11:29 PM
i try'd googleing how to edit xml files in the sims 3 and it keep's asking for some sims 3 demo pakcage or watever i click the link and it goes to unfound page!?!?!?! can someone uplaod it onot this website??
Lab Assistant
#145 Old 25th Oct 2009 at 12:52 PM
Awesome! I've been meaning to get more into modding, you know so I don't have to wait for other people to make stuff. This seems like a good place to start. Thank you.
Test Subject
#146 Old 15th Nov 2009 at 8:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Joefish
Whenever I try to change the cost of a Maid or Babysitter, no matter what I change the price to the game makes the cost set to $50. I was able to change the cost with no problems before the update, but after the update i downloaded it and wanted to change a few more things for the maid, but when I installed the package file in game it was set to $50. Anyone know how to solve this problem or what i'm doing wrong?

For anyone who has been having trouble trying to get their packages working I have a solution which worked for me and hopefully will work for you as well.
1. Download "Postal" which is a package editor http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=362599
2. Use Postal to open your package and find all the numbers you've edited.
3. If the number has a decimal at the end such as "300.0" delete the decimal and zero so that it will look like "300"
4. After doing this to all then numbers you want changed don't forget to hit the "commit" button, otherwise the changes won't work.
5. At the top left go to "File" then "Save as" and save over your old package.
6. If there is an error for number 5 above then try saving the package to desktop and then copying the new file over the old one from there.
Any numbers that have a decimal such as this will stay as the default amount nomatter what you change it to in the package.
Warning: If then number is something like 0.75 do not delete the zero and decimal or else that will leave the number as 75.
Test Subject
#147 Old 25th Nov 2009 at 5:04 PM
Now that The Sims 3 World Adventures expansion pack is out, can you update your program to support it?
Test Subject
#148 Old 7th May 2010 at 4:06 AM
Could you please update this? I have made the mistake of installing the VERY LATEST patch before I read about the fact that you don't need to, and that they can cause more bad than good. So... My case being... I can't use this! I really want to but my game is more up to date than the current version of this tool.

2nd...:
Does this make sliders? or is it strictly regular object mods?

*EDIT*:
the latest patch is... I believe... 1.11.7.005001
or should I word it...
after you install the latest patch your game version becomes, 1.11.7.005001
Test Subject
#149 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 6:47 PM
I'm sorry, i don't know, how to convert files SMOD format to PACKAGE.
I'm dull, I know...
Test Subject
#150 Old 9th Jun 2010 at 8:06 AM
Oh, I understood my mistake
It's really amazing programm, thank you very-very-very much!
:lovestruc :lovestruc :D
Page 6 of 7