Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Children Can Read Skill Books - Supernatural: 9-23-12

by Chaavik Posted 20th Jul 2009 at 11:18 PM - Updated 24th Sep 2012 at 12:03 AM by Chaavik : Updating For Sims 3 Supernatural

105 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 90 Feedback Posts, 14 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 5
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
Original Poster
#26 Old 4th Dec 2009 at 11:47 AM
There was an issue with the mod that I wasn't able to locate and fix right now, but it is on my To Do list to get it fixed and put out for World Adventures soon. Check back for further updates to find out when I can make the new mod available.
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 4th Dec 2009 at 3:16 PM
Another one I'll be happy to have back Chaavik..thanks!
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
Original Poster
#28 Old 15th Dec 2009 at 10:59 AM
New mod for World Adventures now available to download. So far, the Sims can buy books from the respective book dealers in both the home and vacation worlds and study them without issue. Children can study all of the skillbooks available.

Not compatible with other book-related mods that boost the speed of gaining skills from the skill books and similar.

If you have a question, ask.
Field Researcher
#29 Old 28th Dec 2009 at 10:25 PM
Huzzah! Thanks for the update, Chaavik!

The Possibilities are Endless

-----------------------
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
Original Poster
#30 Old 29th Dec 2009 at 9:52 PM
Welcome
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 17th Jan 2010 at 5:53 PM
Thank you for updating your work :-) to WA!
Test Subject
#32 Old 18th Jan 2010 at 9:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Chaavik
New mod for World Adventures now available to download. So far, the Sims can buy books from the respective book dealers in both the home and vacation worlds and study them without issue. Children can study all of the skillbooks available.

Not compatible with other book-related mods that boost the speed of gaining skills from the skill books and similar.

If you have a question, ask.

So would this make the missing books available to buy in the bookshops on vacation? It's just that on Sims3 Dashboard it says this mod conflicts with Sims MX's mod to make the missing books available, and I would love to have the use of both.
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
Original Poster
#33 Old 18th Jan 2010 at 9:51 PM
It's one or the other really. I am not familiar with Sims MX's mod to say whether it will work with my mod or not.

Try both of them to experiment with, and if that still continues to be a problem, then you have to choose which one you want the most for your Sims.
Test Subject
#34 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 5:51 AM
I downloaded this and tried to use it for Ambitions, but when I sent to the bookstore to buy some new skill books the inventing books didn't show up. They reappeared after getting rid of this mod though. Do you know of any way to fix this?
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
Original Poster
#35 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 8:12 AM
That is on my To Do list. I haven't updated it yet after hearing about the new invention skill books. I will take a look later today.
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
Original Poster
#36 Old 18th Jun 2010 at 1:26 AM Last edited by Chaavik : 18th Jun 2010 at 5:42 AM.
A heads up:

There were new mods out there to enable all books to be bought from the local bookstore in your town that are conflicting with the mods from here to allow children to read the skill books.

I can make 2 versions - one to only allow children to read skill books and recipe books among other things and one to both allow children to read skill books (and recipe books) and buy all books at the local bookstore (WA books and other stuff).

Check back in a bit for further updates.

*Edited*

New mods are now available:

Children Can Read Skill Books - AM
Children Can Read Skill Books And All Buyable Books - AM
Test Subject
#37 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 7:38 AM
i can't dl the file!!! :-((
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 30th Jun 2010 at 8:36 PM
Hello Chaavik!!!!

Before Ambitions it has been working wonderfully. But last week my children aged up to teens and forgot all the skills they have learned previously. It hasn't happened before AM.
When the teens re-learn the skills the program seems to delete all information from their toddler/childhood. Meaning the read toddler books, and toy oven practices, chess matches --so they all start from the very bottom.

I hope it is something that can be fixed somehow, because there is not much sense in reading skill books if they are going to forget about them anyhow and I thought that was such a good way to give the kids a head start.

Antira
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
Original Poster
#39 Old 8th Jul 2010 at 7:34 PM
The mods have nothing to do with your teens forgetting their skills. The mods from this thread affects only the BOOKS in how they're used for studying and purchasing from the stores.

I heard that there was a bug with Ambitions doing just that. Try updating your game and see if that resolves the issue you're having with your kids forgetting their skills when they age up.
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 12th Jul 2010 at 5:37 PM
Thank you for the reply. I'll see what I can do.

Antira
Test Subject
#41 Old 4th Aug 2010 at 3:33 AM
Thanks so much for updating this mod! I love all that you make. If it isn't any trouble, can you make us a mod to speed up getting the skills? The ones that are on here doesn't work anymore and they haven't been back to update them. I'm sure I'm not the only one who needs this but I just thought I'd ask since you are great with mods. If you can't, no biggie! Just a thought, really.

What are the three words guaranteed to humiliate men everywhere? 'Hold my purse.' - Greatest Quote Ever
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
Original Poster
#42 Old 4th Aug 2010 at 3:43 AM
I'll look around first to see if there are other working mods at another site that might work with Ambitions.
Test Subject
#43 Old 4th Aug 2010 at 5:57 PM
I'll look around first to see if there are other working mods at another site that might work with Ambitions.

That's a plus for me. Thanks a bunch!!

What are the three words guaranteed to humiliate men everywhere? 'Hold my purse.' - Greatest Quote Ever
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
Original Poster
#44 Old 4th Aug 2010 at 6:30 PM
Okay, I need to clarify the skills better before I do a search. Which kind of skills are you looking for to speed up? Book skills, object skills, or what? I don't think I got a clear idea what you were looking for specifically. I looked at two potential mods that you might want to look at, but first, let me know what you were looking for specifically.
Test Subject
#45 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 3:00 PM
Okay, I need to clarify the skills better before I do a search. Which kind of skills are you looking for to speed up? Book skills, object skills, or what? I don't think I got a clear idea what you were looking for specifically. I looked at two potential mods that you might want to look at, but first, let me know what you were looking for specifically.

I'm sorry...thought you understood what I meant. It's the one like this: Instant Skills
What I'm asking for is a mod that helps get skills faster...as opposed to the snail pace the game has skill earning set at. And updated to Ambitions since I know there are a few more skills added so all can be included. Thanks for this! I appreciate it.

Top Secret Researcher
#46 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 8:35 PM
in first place thanks for this great mod, chaavik!

but it seems like the LN update of your mod brings a little bug. i noticed that there are only cook books available in the bookstore of bridgeport. if i don't use your mod, this problem doesn't occur. could you maybe take a look on your updated version again? thanks in advance!
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
Original Poster
#47 Old 31st Oct 2010 at 5:32 AM
This is not a priority right now because I am working on a new Late Night project called Vampire Stuff - Late Night. But I will look at it once I am done with the project.
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
Original Poster
#48 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 9:37 AM
Uploaded the fixed version dated October 31st, 2010. Re-download if you got the earlier version of the LN mod.
Instructor
#49 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 3:03 PM
Thank you very much for the update.
I can't wait till you're done with your Vampire Stuff. I'm sure it'll be great.

--Jim

They call me The Seeker.
I've been searching low and high.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#50 Old 2nd Nov 2010 at 3:07 PM
thanks for fixing it so quickly!
am also looking forward to the vampire stuff!
Page 2 of 5