Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No More Culling (V3)

by Dark Gaia Posted 13th Jan 2015 at 1:39 AM - Updated 14th Jun 2015 at 7:52 PM by Dark Gaia

256 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 150 Feedback Posts, 105 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 8 of 11
Mad Poster
#176 Old 1st Jul 2015 at 2:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by springfairy556
How can I remove this mod? Its causing my game to lag due to the unculled sims.I removed from my mod folders like everything else, but the game still isn't culling the sims.And my "unplayed" households is getting bloated.

Then you have removed the mod. If you want to speed up solving the issue then just go into "Manage Households" from the map screen and delete the unhoused families yourself.
Maybe you just haven't played to a point where the culling code gets activated again yet.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Lab Assistant
#177 Old 1st Jul 2015 at 7:14 PM
Thanks Menaceman44, I went and deleted the unplayed households, but more filled up.I might just have to try a new save.Maybe it got corrupted somehow.
Test Subject
#178 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 8:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Snow_White19
Am I the only one who can't install it properly? I downloaded the file and put it to Mods folder but the game doesn't see it. What should I do? Help me please

I'm having the same problem. I have ziped it and it is a pyc file (python file) that is why the game doesn't detect it. The instructions say that you shouldn't zip the file so i tried that and it still didn't detect anything.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#179 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 2:58 PM Last edited by jtravers88 : 8th Jul 2015 at 3:10 PM.
make sure you have script mods checked in the options, and if it is a pyo extension then it should be zipped up in the mods folder.

Why is a pyc file used instead of the normal optimized version and why didn't you provide the py file so those of us who wish to can view the source?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#180 Old 9th Jul 2015 at 12:39 AM
This is awesome because I was so sad when the guy sim my girl sim loved completely disappeared from the world because he was just a randomly generated one that gets replaced. But not anymore! Thank you so much :) You've made my simmin' experience so much better! My sim friends will stay too
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#181 Old 9th Jul 2015 at 6:24 PM
@jtravers88: For some reason, I was never able to compile a pyo file (I don't know much about Python and was basically fumbling around blindly) with the Python installation I have. I also never included the source code because it just didn't occur to me at the time, but you can recreate the script using the info in this thread:

http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=551643
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#182 Old 11th Jul 2015 at 3:58 PM
Thank you for this mod! With it, my sims now never have to go through the agony of losing a fiancee, a best friend or a girlfriend/boyfriend to the mysterious void.
Test Subject
#183 Old 11th Jul 2015 at 8:36 PM
DarkGaia, do you know if your mod works with the new July 9th patch? There's a report on the sims 4 forum that it isn't: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...-working#latest

Just wanted to let you know. This is the only mod I can't live without.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#184 Old 11th Jul 2015 at 10:05 PM
I hope is still working, most needed mod in sims 4 in my opinion
Test Subject
#185 Old 12th Jul 2015 at 11:07 AM
I think it works with the latest patch. I have the mod and non of my Sims has been culled. And my family tree is also okay and i played over two sim days without culling. And i have been playing that save since the beginning and my population is pretty high.
Test Subject
#186 Old 12th Jul 2015 at 8:16 PM
Love this mod, can't live without it - but I think it may have broken my game with the last update. No big deal, I was able to roll back the save, but I was getting the issue where I couldn't load families, it was kicking me to the map screen every time I tried. This is the only major mod I had installed, but I removed them one by one to be sure. I'm pretty sure this mod was the cause. Hoping this can be fixed? Thanks for all your work! Like I said, I really consider my game unplayable without this mod!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#187 Old 13th Jul 2015 at 10:37 AM
That's a base game issue, and has been occurring since launch day. I'm surprised EA hasn't fixed it yet, to be honest. Usually clearing your cache will fix it.

Regarding the new patch: I believe the mod is still working fine as I haven't experienced any culling in my game since updating. As per usual, please make sure you have Script Mods enabled and that the mod is installed correctly (place the .zip archive directly in the Mods folder, don't unzip it, don't place it inside another folder), and as an added precaution please download Deaderpool's MC Command Centre and use his Population module to limit the generation of homeless Sims.

Before downloading, please read the caveat on this mod's download page. If EA insists on forcing culling on players with new code, there isn't anything that I, with such a limited knowledge of Python, can do about it. I've removed all of the culling actions in the Story Progression script - if new culling code exists, I literally don't possess the ability to find it or even know what I'm looking for. Even if I did have the skill, there likely won't be any updates for any of my mods for a while, as I'm currently reaching a deadline with my own game and I'd rather spend the time working on my own game than working on fixing somebody else's :p
Test Subject
#188 Old 13th Jul 2015 at 9:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dark Gaia
That's a base game issue, and has been occurring since launch day. I'm surprised EA hasn't fixed it yet, to be honest. Usually clearing your cache will fix it.

Regarding the new patch: I believe the mod is still working fine as I haven't experienced any culling in my game since updating. As per usual, please make sure you have Script Mods enabled and that the mod is installed correctly (place the .zip archive directly in the Mods folder, don't unzip it, don't place it inside another folder), and as an added precaution please download Deaderpool's MC Command Centre and use his Population module to limit the generation of homeless Sims.

Before downloading, please read the caveat on this mod's download page. If EA insists on forcing culling on players with new code, there isn't anything that I, with such a limited knowledge of Python, can do about it. I've removed all of the culling actions in the Story Progression script - if new culling code exists, I literally don't possess the ability to find it or even know what I'm looking for. Even if I did have the skill, there likely won't be any updates for any of my mods for a while, as I'm currently reaching a deadline with my own game and I'd rather spend the time working on my own game than working on fixing somebody else's :p

Thank you so much for your response! Good luck with your own game - I don't blame you one bit for investing your time there!
Test Subject
#189 Old 16th Jul 2015 at 2:13 PM
I went to Files to download it but it's not there for download?
Test Subject
#190 Old 16th Jul 2015 at 2:20 PM
Nevermind. I see that it only works on Windows...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#191 Old 16th Jul 2015 at 7:55 PM
tanks
Lab Assistant
#192 Old 17th Jul 2015 at 2:38 PM
@jtravers88: For some reason, I was never able to compile a pyo file (I don't know much about Python and was basically fumbling around blindly) with the Python installation I have. I also never included the source code because it just didn't occur to me at the time, but you can recreate the script using the info in this thread:

I realize that I can disassemble your pyo or pyc. It would just be nice if that you have the py file, you include it in the zip for viewing.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#193 Old 17th Jul 2015 at 7:13 PM
Does the work with patch Game ver 1.9.80.1020? if now will you be updating it?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#194 Old 22nd Jul 2015 at 1:01 PM
Thank you very much for creating this. Hopefully, it will save my family trees.
Lab Assistant
#195 Old 24th Jul 2015 at 2:11 AM

Using an injector to override a function is something I'm already familiar with. I just don't like using a mod where I can't examine what is being done. Please provide your py file if it's not too much trouble. Or text, whatever. Otherwise I'll try to piece together the code in your conversation in the mentioned thread.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#196 Old 24th Jul 2015 at 2:25 AM
I decompiled the pyc file and got this:

import story_progression.actions

def my_storyprogression_process_action(self, story_progression_flags):
pass

story_progression.actions.StoryProgressionActionMaxPopulation.process_action = my_storyprogression_process_action

differences between the decompile and scumbumbo's post in the thread you mentioned being:
#import instead of import
pass instead of return

So I'll try the mod. Hope it works! Maxis should be ashamed of themselves for saying 'culling' is working as intended.
Lab Assistant
#197 Old 25th Jul 2015 at 12:05 AM
I have this mod, but I have started to experience culling since the July patch. Not extreme culling, but still noticeable.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#198 Old 25th Jul 2015 at 2:27 PM
thank you
Test Subject
#199 Old 25th Jul 2015 at 4:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tyjokr
I have this mod, but I have started to experience culling since the July patch. Not extreme culling, but still noticeable.

Yep, for me the same. It's bit annoying actually...
Lab Assistant
#200 Old 31st Jul 2015 at 5:32 PM
Not working with July patch then? If so then I'm done with TS4's anti family play bs.
Page 8 of 11