Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jan 2022 at 5:57 AM Last edited by chitownriverscum : 29th Jan 2022 at 6:36 PM.
Default Deco rims/wheels to hang on the wall; other "Auto Bling" items for NL, Uni, Seasons
Hi. Working on some locations for my Hamsterdam hood: I just finished Prop Joe's appliance repair shop (with living quarters behind), and now we're onto Vinson's rim shop, where Marlo sometimes meets with his lieutenants late at night. I just need some "quasi-automotive" (as the Magliozzi Brothers would say) deco items to hang on the walls/stack on shelves/stages, etc. IDEALLY this would include actual fancy wheel rims, or hubcaps, or even just fake storefronts with that sort of thing in the window... the storefronts I've seen so far have been mostly of the upper-end fashion/lower-end deli variety, nothing vaguely automotive. If I was able to use SimPE, I'd just make some of these storefronts myself, but... I'm on a Mac. Also, I don't have Apartment Life, otherwise I'd already have the wheels that came with that pack.

Kind of a longshot I know, but if anyone has some bright ideas, kindly throw them my way. I was going to ask for some scars, but I found a bunch at Garden of Shadows.

P.S. The screenshot may disappear in the next day or two; I'll refresh it when that happens.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 28th Jan 2022 at 7:44 AM
Not sure if you'll find exactly what you're looking for, but there's some car/tinkering/mechanic stuff here and there. There's already deco wheels you can hang on the wall (I think that came with AL) and there's a rim wall hanging as part of the TS3 Fast Lane conversions. Misty Fluff and Amovitam converted some pieces, but for easier downloading, I guess, I'll point you to Ladysimplayer8's conversions on MTS here, here, and here.

I've also gotten some garage/tool deco from a blog called Midnight Garage: http://midnightgarage.blog.fc2.com/...ategory-46.html I've also found some deco motorcycles there, too, in case you want to do a bike shop or something.

You can also check out aroundthesims 2's tinkering set.

And, since I've seen a few of your posts now, I have to say, that while your titles are highly entertaining, it's easier for searchers to help if titles are short, descriptive, and direct. "Car Deco", "Rims", "Mechanic Stuff", etc. would be more a helpful title and might yield better responses. Take it or leave it, but just sayin'.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Jan 2022 at 6:33 PM
I'm aware that my jokey titles might occasionally be counterproductive, but... what can I say? I come from a long line of smart-alecks.
As soon as I read "Fast Lane", I remembered those rims, so thanks for that one. The midnight garage download links seem to be broken; at least the ones I was interested in. I would like to see the Apartment Life wheels, but I don't have that EP.
Alchemist
#4 Old 29th Jan 2022 at 7:09 PM
@chitownriverscum, iirc, the links go to a one drive folder with multiple things in it, so if you're willing to click around, you might be able to find what you are looking for. There were a few that I had to download from the folder and match back up to the preview, and then only one or two that I couldn't find. Which item are you trying to find?

ETA: oh and for wheels maybe try moocha muses build a bus kit instead:
https://moocha-muses.tumblr.com/pos...-crush-the-tiny

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Jan 2022 at 7:39 PM
[QUOTE=Phantomknight]@chitownriverscum, iirc, the links go to a one drive folder with multiple things in it, so if you're willing to click around, you might be able to find what you are looking for. There were a few that I had to download from the folder and match back up to the preview, and then only one or two that I couldn't find. Which item are you trying to find?

I was looking for the "tool trolley"... the onedrive website opens up, but there's just a picture of a bicycle with the message "something went wrong".
Alchemist
#6 Old 29th Jan 2022 at 9:20 PM
Hmm, that's weird, it works for me. Maybe you need an adblocker? This is the direct link to the folder; see if that works. Otherwise I uploaded it to simsfileshare for you here.

And I tried to find some wheels for you; see my post above for the Moocha Muses link, in case you missed that edit and there's also Mustluvcatz 's Mini House Kit.

Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 29th Jan 2022 at 10:22 PM
Nope... I get either a flat-tire bike, or a crumpled paper airplane, and the message "Something Went Wrong: cannot read property "get" of undefined." But I got it from your SFS link; thanks! I also downloaded mustlovecatz' tiny house, which I may use in its entirety somewhere. I have a "spirit village" hood where I resurrect people I've known and loved, so they can happily continue lives that were cut short... some of them may like to live in little houses on wheels like that.

ANyhow, I'll see which ones work better for Marlo & Co... the "rims in a display case" from the Fast Lane set would be perfect, if they weren't in that case. It puzzles me why the creator thought they should be that way; I've never seen rims displayed like that in a store. Even if Marlo were to buy a set JUST to hang on is wall at home, I suspect he'd have them out in the open where he could spin them. Sigh.

Thanks again for your help!