Replies: 227 (Who?), Viewed: 12761 times.
Page 10 of 10
Mad Poster
#226 Old 19th Oct 2020 at 12:54 AM
Some of those things in the video are helpful, such as cleaning out the family inventory. It is also good suggestion to not save your house/sims together. However, other things are completely ridiculous.

"if you save your savefile over and over, it eventually becomes bloated"

"Saving as" and "save" is completely the same and redundant, one doesn't give you a cleaner save over the other. When you "save" it renames your old save into a ".backup" and then saves the new one with the same name in its place. When you "save as" you are doing the same thing except it doesn't need to create a 2ndary back up as you are already saving a different file. You should have a few back ups of your save, but a new one each time is redundant. Save in rotation of 3-4 and you'll be fine.

Saves get bloated if you do not clean with Kuree's savegame cleaner and NRAAS errortrap. It also gets bloated because of how large your game gets from over furnishing and most importantly, your family tree, which grows exponentially per generation.

The whole thing about cleaning your user folder makes no sense because it asked first to remove all the big folders such as your mods, dccache, etc... which are the folders that have the most potential to be corrupt to begin with. After removing them, what else is there left to lag the game? The caches can be deleted and refreshed without needing to redo a whole folder overhaul.

Just make sure you test every CC/mods you add (in a temp folder in your mods and test for a month or more before moving it to your main mods folder) and at first sign of glitch, remove them. Caches should be cleared periodically when there is problem, otherwise leave them be.

If anything, I find it is necessary to do a full town reset with NRAAS MC periodically to keep the game clean. But make sure you clean family inventory b/c it does flush a lot of objects into it during reset. Let Kurees' and errortrap do everything else automatically and your game should be fine.

Sanity is overrated.

Nitromon is a type of Pokemon encountered in the Pokemon Nitrome Version series.

There. Mystery solved.
Lab Assistant
#227 Old 20th Oct 2020 at 12:14 AM Last edited by LittleCheshire : 20th Oct 2020 at 1:04 AM.
Sorry I'm a bit late to this thread, been battling mental illness. But I wanted to touch on this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitromon
Much of what was removed from TS2 in TS3, such as the animation details / deeper relationships and genetics, were b/c the hardware limitation of the time to run an open world TS3.

I'm kind of on the fence about this...I mean, are you sure? The omission of deeper relationships and more complex genetics--the pet genetics outsold but that's not here right now--I can truly understand. Just imagining any 2009 based CPU trying to compute all that in a world with tens, maybe hundreds of sims, genuinely makes me shudder. It reminds me of when the official Sims Twitter posted a picture of the Sims 3 in game with an ungodly amount of sims crowded in a single area. Sure, it was probably a render, but it still gives me nightmarish images of a CPU bursting into flames.

But...animations? And to a very lesser extent, more, or better interactions? Would that really be so hard considering the devs were reusing animations from the Sims 2 left and right? You're saying they couldn't have done that some more, especially in the case of the sims teleporting into their cars? Or they couldn't have added an animation for getting on a broom or a bicycle? I'm pretty sure more simple animations on a global level would not do any harm, since we already have animations being used on a global level; sims do not sit stagnant in their houses all day, every day, after all. They do things and therefore perform animations.

Oh c'mon. There better be a point to all this stress I'm under.
Mad Poster
#228 Old 20th Oct 2020 at 2:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleCheshire
But...animations? And to a very lesser extent, more, or better interactions? Would that really be so hard considering the devs were reusing animations from the Sims 2 left and right? You're saying they couldn't have done that some more, especially in the case of the sims teleporting into their cars?

Well...

1) To support your point is the failure of TS4. Because TS4 is already back to a dollhouse, they should've then included all those missing things from TS2. But they didn't. So it may just be their engineers getting sloppy and lazy and TS4 would be the proof of that. However, we're not sure, or at least I'm not sure, if the same team that made TS2 also made TS3 and TS4. But it is a fair point how lazy EA has become.

2) To counter your point would probably be Island Paradise. I mean, nobody really thought adding a minor animation of boat routing would cause such tremendous lag, but apparently it does when you have a whole world population constantly switching from taxi to boat taxi throughout the gameplay. Also various mods out there kinda support this as well because the more mods and interactions you interject, the slower and more blocky the game runs. In fact, mods that interject sim interactions are known to cause click delays. What about animations? Well, every bit of animation requires more CPU. I mean, watching your sims get in a car is not a big deal. But say dozens of sims getting into taxis at the same time... that might lag the game big time. And since we probably won't see most of them, it is one of those background wasting resources which they cut out.

For example, non-active sims at home are in hibernation idle mode I believe. Imagine if every sim in the game is doing everything such as eating, going to toilet, etc...

So it's probably the combination of both.

Sanity is overrated.

Nitromon is a type of Pokemon encountered in the Pokemon Nitrome Version series.

There. Mystery solved.
Page 10 of 10