Replies: 0 (Who?), Viewed: 1053 times.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jun 2020 at 12:48 AM Last edited by Borja20 : 3rd Jul 2020 at 12:53 AM. Reason: Reuploaded Stuck Object Remover
Default CS hidden objects buyable
So I made something that I'm surprised no one made before. Unlocking those hidden items of Castaway Stories in buy mode. Like the pirate ship from Wanmami's Buccaneer Cove, or the waterfall from Shady Lagoon (I don't think many people will need this in 2020 but well).
Anyway, I'm sorry if this isn't the right place to share this stuff. I wasn't sure, since there's no downloads section for the Stories series. 

I enabled a total of 32 items (even though 10 are portals, so I could say 23). For the list of items and what you can do with them, see below. I divided them in 2 categories/folders. Some of them have proper names and descriptions, which is kinda sad, probably they originally planned to include them in buy mode.  

Download: 
Get "CS buyable hidden objects.zip" at the bottom of the post. I uploaded all files there, so I detailed the file name for each object in the lists below, so you can choose which ones you want in your game.

Installation:The collection is a must! Copy the "HiddenObjectsCollection" file here:
Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims Castaway Stories\Collections
You may not have the Collections folder, then create it. Don't forget the 'C' in upper case, or it won't work.
For the objects, read the 2 lists below to know what's included in each folder, and choose the ones you want from any (or both) of the folders, then copy them in:
Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims Castaway Stories\Downloads
Same as before, create Downloads if you don't have it.
The Waterfall file isn't necessary, read below about it.  

Where do I find them in game?
I put them in a collection because the catalog sorting in CS is a pain and I didn't feel like researching which number is for each section. So they won't appear in the catalogue, they will only appear in the Collection (thanks to this tuturial). Collections are accessible from build mode.

Now finally, the list of items  

WARNING
Backing up your save games before getting custom content is always recommended, but be specially careful using the test items, they are test items after all. And with the spawn point too, I don't know if having more than one in a lot can cause side effects.
Also, most of the "not that cool items" can't be picked up/deleted after placing them. So I highly recommend you to get the Stuck Object Remover here (it will appear in Nature section). With this, you can get rid of them, in case you went to live mode after buying one. It's a very useful tool for removing locked items, since there's no moveobjects cheat.
If you prefer, I made a modified version of the Stuck Object Remover that can be placed everywhere (the original one can't be placed in sloped terrain or in water). May be useful because, again, no moveobjects in this game.  

Note: I mentioned the allmenus cheat quite a few times. If you don't know what it is, check this page.

This is my first serious post. I hope I didn't mess up. And I hope someone finds this useful!

Update: Silly me made the Stuck Object Remover not placeable on floor when I made it placeable in sloped terrain. I fixed and reuploaded it, now it is really placeable everywhere.
Screenshots
Download - please read all instructions before downloading any files!
File Type: zip CS buyable hidden objects.zip (28.5 KB, 14 downloads)
File Type: zip stuckobjremover_PlaceEverywhere.zip (4.2 KB, 12 downloads)