Replies: 2020 (Who?), Viewed: 165011 times.
Page 81 of 81
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2001 Old 4th Aug 2020 at 1:25 PM
All I can think of is if the lot was built with the use of MOO and you hadn't got it enabled when you placed the lot. If the game then has no place to put the MOO'd items it will shove them into available inventory spaces.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Scholar
#2002 Old 5th Aug 2020 at 10:29 PM
I'm trying to suss out what's out of the box game behavior and what's modded in. If you have Seasons but not Slice of Life, do sims just come over when there are holidays regardless of whether your household has invited them? Usually there's a little popup that says something like, "This is my favorite holiday so of course I want to spend it here with you!" The things is I play rotationally, so my sims pick up all kinds of relationships when they aren't my active house and chances are good I have no idea who this sim is. Then, when I check that sim closer, I discover they've got a crazy ethnic name, like Francisco Nakamura or Vadim Ramirez and they're the vendor in the park with neon green eye, purple hair, and a yellow beard wearing every accessory category with soccer slides for extra class. Like maybe we don't want an open house for Thanksgiving, maybe we just want to celebrate it with the extended family and call it a day.

The Mayflies Legacy- a Random Legacy Story
Test Subject
#2003 Old 6th Aug 2020 at 2:07 AM
Any fixes for that massive children can't learn adult skills issue? I tried setting the child skill back to 9 but all that happened was the 150% thing once they got to 10 again.
Scholar
#2004 Old 11th Aug 2020 at 11:21 AM
I have a question about making a trait. I've read the tutorial, but I still don't quite understand which part I have to do to make a buff/debuff occur if a Sim stays outside for too long. Like burning to death, with a debuff occuring like 'Really Hot' before burning up.
Scholar
#2005 Old 11th Aug 2020 at 1:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatMuto
I have a question about making a trait. I've read the tutorial, but I still don't quite understand which part I have to do to make a buff/debuff occur if a Sim stays outside for too long. Like burning to death, with a debuff occuring like 'Really Hot' before burning up.

I think you might get better help at MCCC discord server #creators_board channel
(you don't need to use MCCC in order to join their server..)
https://discord.gg/h6GkGyd
Test Subject
#2006 Old 22nd Aug 2020 at 5:09 PM
How can I save a lot (not in the gallery but with tray files) and find out what CC I used in that lot?
Instructor
#2007 Old 23rd Aug 2020 at 12:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sushiphobia
How can I save a lot (not in the gallery but with tray files) and find out what CC I used in that lot?

i think if you use sims 4 tray importer it will show you what cc is used for that family.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2008 Old 8th Sep 2020 at 11:40 PM
Is there no Music degree available in Discover University?

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Scholar
#2009 Old 9th Sep 2020 at 4:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menaceman44
Is there no Music degree available in Discover University?

Not specifically, no.
the Fine Art degree (Britechester) helps with the Musician career though
and you can take some optional classes for violin and guitar IIRC

more info here:
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/...ity/degrees.php
Scholar
#2010 Old 10th Sep 2020 at 1:54 AM Last edited by Emmett Brown : 10th Sep 2020 at 1:57 AM. Reason: Glitch
Default Vampires acting wierd.
Did the latest update make Vampires do dumb things? Lilith shows up and starts working on my rocket ship. She keeps on going until daylight and then burns to death. So, my spell caster brings her back that night. She hangs around and doesn't go home. Daylight comes and she's toast again.
I've never seen a vampire do this!
Screenshots

Sims are better than us.
Scholar
#2011 Old 10th Sep 2020 at 5:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmett Brown
Did the latest update make Vampires do dumb things? Lilith shows up and starts working on my rocket ship. She keeps on going until daylight and then burns to death. So, my spell caster brings her back that night. She hangs around and doesn't go home. Daylight comes and she's toast again.
I've never seen a vampire do this!

If you have Eco Lifestyle installed check which NAP you've got active, might be something that gives NPCs autonomy push to upgrade stuff and she got obsessed..
those NAPs are horrible.

btw, you can make her leave using MCCC if you have it
click on her > MCCC > MC Cheats > Make Sim Leave
Scholar
#2012 Old 10th Sep 2020 at 4:48 PM Last edited by Emmett Brown : 14th Sep 2020 at 5:43 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keren
If you have Eco Lifestyle installed check which NAP you've got active, might be something that gives NPCs autonomy push to upgrade stuff and she got obsessed..
those NAPs are horrible.

btw, you can make her leave using MCCC if you have it
click on her > MCCC > MC Cheats > Make Sim Leave

You're right! It's the "tech support" NAP. She wanted to work on my rocket and it killed her twice. I used the Best friend magic potion and made her part of my household so I could level her up. I didn't dedeathify her because she's already died twice.
I did consider keep letting her die and making a little graveyard of Lilith headstones, tho'
Screenshots

Sims are better than us.
Test Subject
#2013 Old 12th Sep 2020 at 1:57 PM
Now that CC windows and doors no longer work since that last patch, is everyone re-doing their CC Lots?
Scholar
#2014 Old 19th Sep 2020 at 8:14 PM
Hey guys. Any of you knows what pack those earrings are from ? I've never seen them before and I can't find them in the earrings category. Here : https://imgur.com/a/zIGIWly
Scholar
#2015 Old 20th Sep 2020 at 5:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chax
Hey guys. Any of you knows what pack those earrings are from ? I've never seen them before and I can't find them in the earrings category. Here : https://imgur.com/a/zIGIWly

Hello. they are from Eco Lifestyle, locked as a career reward (Civil Designer level 3),
but the game loves to throw them on random sims whenever it gets a chance

you can find the unlocked version here:
http://www.storylegacysims.com/2020...s-unlocked.html
Inventor
#2016 Old 24th Sep 2020 at 7:49 AM
I can't find a full explanation for plumbing ratings. "Uncomfortable" for example-is a higher number less comfortable? Then why are more expensive ones more uncomfortable? Water usage? How does that work? Again, is a higher number for hygiene better?

Also, I can't see any difference between "Sims 3 camera controls" and "Sims 4 camera controls." I was hoping that I could get a variation in tilt and yaw. As it is I'm stuck in a Sims 1 perspective and it's frustrating.
Scholar
#2017 Old 24th Sep 2020 at 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy kemnitzer

Also, I can't see any difference between "Sims 3 camera controls" and "Sims 4 camera controls." I was hoping that I could get a variation in tilt and yaw. As it is I'm stuck in a Sims 1 perspective and it's frustrating.

It's just personal preference, sounds like your using Sims 4 Camera, if you unhappy with it, try Sims 3 controls.
Inventor
#2018 Old 25th Sep 2020 at 12:14 AM Last edited by lucy kemnitzer : 25th Sep 2020 at 7:12 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citysim
It's just personal preference, sounds like your using Sims 4 Camera, if you unhappy with it, try Sims 3 controls.

I can't get the Sims 3 controls to tilt either- are there instructions for this anywhere? I assumed some combination of keys or combination of key & mouse would do it but I tried a lot of them & got no tilt or yaw.

Here's a picture of what I'm talking about . The only other angle I can get is top-down (and this is nearly top-down). I can zoom in and out, rotate in the plane, and move right and left and forward and back, but I can't see my sims' faces.
Scholar
#2019 Old 25th Sep 2020 at 7:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy kemnitzer
I can't get the Sims 3 controls to tilt either- are there instructions for this anywhere? I assumed some combination of keys or combination of key & mouse would do it but I tried a lot of them & got no tilt or yaw.

Here's a picture of what I'm talking about . The only other angle I can get is top-down (and this is nearly top-down). I can zoom in and out, rotate in the plane, and move right and left and forward and back, but I can't see my sims' faces.

You gotta click and drag the middle of the mouse (mouse wheel) to change the view. Drag up or down while clicking.
Inventor
#2020 Old 25th Sep 2020 at 8:04 AM
I don't have a mouse wheel. Fortunately I have finally found out how to do it on my computer! I use the "control" key and the up and down carets (like < and > but up and down and meant to move the cursor instead of typing). These are the keys that I use without the control key to go forward and back.
Scholar
#2021 Old 26th Sep 2020 at 5:38 PM
Default Potions fail more often than not!
My game is play, level up a spell caster, duplicate, befriend duplicate, make duplicate a member of the household, split household and play the Duplicate because he keeps all skills and spells but aspirations are reset.
But the original forgot to leave all his "sample" potions. Those always seem to work. Brewed potions should be better, right?
So Duplicate gathers all the ingredients and makes a new batch. He's maxed out the potions track, is a potions master and... his potions fail too often. The odds, for example, of having to give a sim a immortal potion 5 times to get it to take suggest it fails more often than not! These are supposed to be top notch potions!

Sims are better than us.
Page 81 of 81