Replies: 10134 (Who?), Viewed: 408333 times.
Page 406 of 406
Scholar
#10126 Old 22nd Oct 2020 at 4:56 PM
My game is getting more exciting with new content and Mods being installed like today with one that is for my TOT challenge.
Mad Poster
#10127 Old 23rd Oct 2020 at 2:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Essa
I wish there was a way to find out why a pixel is furious with an other one. Unfortunately memories are not always helpful.
I'm aware that things sometimes happen in the background, that I'm the Watcher but I can't see everything.

In my game this is usually because some sims (lookin' at you, Nina Caliente!) seem to enjoy walking up to random strangers and poking them in the nose repeatedly. The instigator then acts as if they can't imagine why anybody would be offended by this behavior.

Between nose-poking and trying to dance with random total strangers, I end up with lots of enemies and eventually fights in my neighborhoods. There was an old mod by Pescado called "nostrangerdance" which was helpful for this, but I can't find it now. It doesn't help that MATY appears to be down tonight.
Theorist
#10128 Old 24th Oct 2020 at 11:06 AM
Fights in my neighbourhood especially occur between siblings (mostly due to a bad aspiration when growing up) and some mean sims.
Regarding the nostrangerdance hack, I just found a old post (2005) on Maty saying the mod is discontinued.
Lab Assistant
#10129 Old 24th Oct 2020 at 12:59 PM
MATY has been down for a couple of days, or at least for me it has. I haven't been able to get on it at all.

On the topic of neighbourhood fights, it's usually Nina and/or Vidcund that pick up fights with random strangers in my game. In my Pleasantview, teenage Gabriel Pleasant is in aspiration failure, so picks up fights with a bunch of random sims, including Nina, funnily enough. He even attacked Johnny Smith, someone he considered a best friend, and was confused why Johnny didn't want to hang out with him anymore.

Sims, am I right?

I terms of fury, it's difficult for me to pick up on 'puddle rage.' That's why Circe and Loki hate Nervous in my game... and why Nina was furious with Romeo when he was a toddler...

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Theorist
#10130 Old 24th Oct 2020 at 5:37 PM
Well, in my hood Iris is also in aspiration failure due to social services (and me). They took her two younger children.
She shows up on comm lots with a desperate face, so she may have poke Aria too much.
Test Subject
#10131 Old 25th Oct 2020 at 7:36 PM
I kinda ship gvadouin and rainelle right now
Field Researcher
#10132 Old 26th Oct 2020 at 5:26 PM
All my college boys have the hots for Valentine Ottomas. smh
Lab Assistant
#10133 Old 26th Oct 2020 at 6:38 PM
I think Brandi Broke makes for a better looking guy. What I mean by this is that the Unborn Baby Broke looks really good looking as an adult, better than Brandi in my opinion.

This has also made me realise that Brandi isn't a straight copy of the first template; she's based on it, but isn't a straight up copy. Trust me, I abused this template a lot as a kid and none of my men looked like that... the eye shape, mouth, and brows differ from my observation...

I could be very wrong, though... The point of this post is that I think Brandi's features look better on male sims.
Screenshots

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Mad Poster
#10134 Old 26th Oct 2020 at 10:10 PM
[QUOTE=CrystalFlame360]I think Brandi Broke makes for a better looking guy. What I mean by this is that the Unborn Baby Broke looks really good looking as an adult, better than Brandi in my opinion.

It works that way for all sons who look after their mothers, I believe; my son believes he is much better looking than his mom.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10135 Old 28th Oct 2020 at 6:04 AM
I have moved on to the 16th household I've been playing since getting the game installed on the new computer, just over a fortnight ago. I have currently 44 playable households in the Greater Veronaville conurbation, so, if I keep going at the present rate, I should complete a full rotation by the end of November, when the Veronaville Sims will celebrate Thanksgiving, to give thanks for 8 years of progress and prosperity in the community. I have never made progress at this rate before. On the old computer I was doing well if I played 3 families in a month. A few weeks ago I was playing families last played in 2016. The ones I'm playing now, I last played in the Autumn of 2018.

I'm still blown away, it's so good. With much faster load times, and the computer so responsive in the game, it's just so satisfying to play! I can make use of short sessions of a few minutes. And of course, with the high resolution graphics, I'm seeing things I've never seen before. I must really love my Sims to have put up with the old slow, laggy, low resolution game for so long!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Page 406 of 406