Replies: 8619 (Who?), Viewed: 422286 times.
Page 345 of 345
Instructor
#8601 Old 18th Oct 2020 at 8:50 PM
Consort Capp: "How dare you assume I have a favourite, I love all my grandchildren equally!"
Also Consort Capp: *wants Hermia to get an A+ and fears Hermia getting sick*

Now I understand why Hermia has that expensive computer while Tybalt and Juliette only have the cheapest TV and radio...
Top Secret Researcher
#8602 Old 18th Oct 2020 at 10:12 PM
I thought that was only in my game! My Consort had the exact same want the other day--I'm going to watch him more closely from now on. I always thought Tybalt would be the favorite but the wants are telling a different story.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Instructor
#8603 Old 19th Oct 2020 at 1:08 AM
Looking at unloaded sims in SimPE in general can show you some surpises. Did you know Romeo wants to flirt with Hermia too? He seems to have a type, but I don't know if it's red-haired girls or Capp girls.
Scholar
#8604 Old 19th Oct 2020 at 3:47 AM
You can't scold a child for starting fights if you have a positive relationship with them. Mary Sue had come into Lilith's room to check in on her before going to bed and talk to her about what music she was listening to when Angela came in and attacked her out of nowhere! When I clicked on Angela as Mary Sue, there were no options to sanction against such behavior. I feel like it's one thing to turn a blind eye when you don't see anything, but it's another to willfully do nothing when one of your children attacks another. I know the power dynamic is different between a

The Mayflies Legacy- a Random Legacy Story
Top Secret Researcher
#8605 Old 19th Oct 2020 at 4:34 AM
Chastise Unlocked by Midgethetree.

ETA: How to merge Squinge's Lecture mod with Inteen by Gummilutt.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Scholar
#8606 Old 19th Oct 2020 at 5:15 AM

You're a lifesaver! Thanks!

The Mayflies Legacy- a Random Legacy Story
Top Secret Researcher
#8607 Old 19th Oct 2020 at 5:20 AM
Maybe I'm dumb, but I only recently learned that you can sort the phone book dialog by chemistry with your sim. This makes the campus directory and head for numbers so much more powerful!
Theorist
#8608 Old 19th Oct 2020 at 8:11 PM
@kestrellyn
You're not. I recently learned that too and I'm playing the game since 2004.

I learned that adding a "more sims on community lots" mod make them more lively. It also created some unexpected events like my faithful sims misbehaving.
Mad Poster
#8609 Old 20th Oct 2020 at 10:43 PM
Somebody else may have reported this recently, but I've just noticed it. When a Sim is sitting on a toilet reading the newspaper, you can click on the paper, and the usual pie menu comes up.
I haven't tried clicking any of the options to see if they work, but, if they do work, it may be a way to get a job, even if your paper was stolen, or the paper boy/girl didn't come.
Screenshots

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Mad Poster
#8610 Old 21st Oct 2020 at 2:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tunafishfish
You can't scold a child for starting fights if you have a positive relationship with them. Mary Sue had come into Lilith's room to check in on her before going to bed and talk to her about what music she was listening to when Angela came in and attacked her out of nowhere! When I clicked on Angela as Mary Sue, there were no options to sanction against such behavior. I feel like it's one thing to turn a blind eye when you don't see anything, but it's another to willfully do nothing when one of your children attacks another. I know the power dynamic is different between a

====
I would love to see parents (or others?) be able to praise or scold like they can do with pets. "BAD Angela, this is all your fault!"

Namaste... or "go"
Field Researcher
#8611 Old 21st Oct 2020 at 2:13 AM
Well, I just got the rude surprise that Sims can't change a toddler's appearance via the "iN Style v.2" Closets by Simsational Inc. (the one with the mirror built in). Had to drag the rugrat downstairs to use the medicine cabinet in the bathroom (that family added a second story to their house, but couldn't afford to finish the bathroom up there in one go).

WARNING: Professional Lurker Alert!

Quote:
"A biting contest turned into a tug o' war! And I'm the chew toy!"
-- from "S*** My Players Say"
Instructor
#8612 Old 21st Oct 2020 at 9:18 PM
Apparently, sims with low aspiration (maybe mood?) can autonomously attack those they have POSITIVE relationships with! I had Miranda invite Mercutio for a kiss, but after he hit on her he just... attacked her... out of nowhere... Miranda beat him, but like, stil... I feel like this game just doesn't want them together...
Mad Poster
#8613 Old 25th Oct 2020 at 2:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugoisama
I had Miranda invite Mercutio for a kiss, but after he hit on her he just... attacked her... out of nowhere...
That's Mercutio for you! He's the sort of boy who hits girls. The very first thing he did in my game was to hit Hermia. That put me right off him, and it was 5 to 6 years later before I began to play him at all sympathetically. Then I tried him with a couple of girls, but there wasn't any spark, so I put Andrew onto his case. Andrew paired him up with Charlie Benson, a black Downtownie boy on the rebound from Gordon Cornton. So Mercutio is now gay -- like about 70 - 80% of the teenage boys in Veronaville! I think he's a reformed character now too.

------------------------------------------- ooooooooooooooooooo -------------------------------------------

I've just noticed the little cupid plaque on the park benches. Of course I could never see it in low resolution. It's most appropriate for Sims like Andrew and Julian who use the park benches for making out.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Scholar
#8614 Old 25th Oct 2020 at 1:27 PM
I just discovered that my most recent loading attempts in my BACC have loaded a very different looking town in the past few days.
Screenshots
Instructor
#8615 Old 26th Oct 2020 at 11:31 PM
You know that white foundation Hermia Capp uses? Well, apparently it's not for vampires because I tried to make some My Immortal sims, and when they turned to vampires the foundation was this weird beige-white color that stuck out heavily from the blue vampire skin.
Top Secret Researcher
#8616 Old 27th Oct 2020 at 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugoisama
You know that white foundation Hermia Capp uses? Well, apparently it's not for vampires because I tried to make some My Immortal sims, and when they turned to vampires the foundation was this weird beige-white color that stuck out heavily from the blue vampire skin.

My immortal as in the infamous Harry Potter fanfic?

I'd recommend getting a mod that removes the blue vampire skin tbh.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Instructor
#8617 Old 27th Oct 2020 at 12:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphalesion
My immortal as in the infamous Harry Potter fanfic?

I'd recommend getting a mod that removes the blue vampire skin tbh.

Yes, my immortal as in the one with Enoby Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way with long ebony black hair (that's how she got her name), although it was quite hard to give them personalities, since they pretty much had none aside from "we love Ebony", but at least I could use the black Bella Goth top for something for the first time.

Honestly I like that blue skin, even if I have to make a new foundation just for them. Makes vampires stand out just that much more. Also blue is a nice colour.
Field Researcher
#8618 Old 27th Oct 2020 at 10:46 PM
Skipper Roseland was talking to Gretchen Chin and she referenced an eye chart.

I never noticed the animation before. She was covering one eye and pointing, and then rubbed both her eyes.

I'm tempted to give her glasses after that conversation
Mad Poster
#8619 Old 29th Oct 2020 at 6:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Mon
Well, I just got the rude surprise that Sims can't change a toddler's appearance via the "iN Style v.2" Closets by Simsational Inc. (the one with the mirror built in). Had to drag the rugrat downstairs to use the medicine cabinet in the bathroom (that family added a second story to their house, but couldn't afford to finish the bathroom up there in one go).

I've been frustrated by a number of CC mirrors with this "fault". Also with custom (retro) refrigerators that aren't seasons (get leftovers), but don't tell me.

Namaste... or "go"
Lab Assistant
#8620 Old 29th Oct 2020 at 6:56 PM
I discovered that, with the right mods, ghosts aren't a force to be reckoned with.

I tried the Study or Die Challenge recently and those ghosts don't play around. I played in a challenge hood with my usual mod setup, which also includes nodormieregen and nossrespawn, as well as other anti-spawning mods to prevent hood bloating.

To get to the point, there are now actually empty rooms in a 12 room dorm... I think I have like three dormies left!

I guess you could also say that I learned to limit future retries of this challenge to residential areas...

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Page 345 of 345