Replies: 293 (Who?), Viewed: 63335 times.
Page 12 of 12
Field Researcher
#276 Old 11th May 2020 at 9:06 AM
Thank you! so the basketball court and the Big Park can change with the seasons. - I'm so in awe of the whole world, it's such a premium content, I especially adore the community lots. That strip club!! Also love the ideas that made the community lots more useful, like using the Ports as actual junkyards, or putting the consignment register in the seasonal festival instead of wasting a whole lot space for just the consignment function. And scuba diving in those polluted dive spots, thats something else!
Instructor
#277 Old 11th May 2020 at 1:08 PM
It's amazing from what I've checked out so far. I also don't have ITF, Pets and Generations installed and aside from missing what were probably a bunch of bunkbeds and the windows from a couple of lots, I haven't seen any glaringly obvious gaps. I saw one Failure Object somewhere on a community lot but don't remember where... will go back to check and if anyone can tell me what was originally there it would be great. I loooove the community lots so far, especially the Base Camp, Strip Club, Festival and Art Gallery. The barge was amazing as well. Haven't found the dive lots yet. There's so much detail everywhere, it's incredible <3
Lab Assistant
#278 Old 11th May 2020 at 5:32 PM
It looks wonderful. I'll definitely check it out when I fix up the mods in my game. Thanks for your hard work and sharing with us

I talk to myself but no one answers ;_;
Mad Poster
#279 Old 11th May 2020 at 7:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by enable_llamas
It's amazing from what I've checked out so far. I also don't have ITF, Pets and Generations installed and aside from missing what were probably a bunch of bunkbeds and the windows from a couple of lots, I haven't seen any glaringly obvious gaps. I saw one Failure Object somewhere on a community lot but don't remember where... will go back to check and if anyone can tell me what was originally there it would be great. I loooove the community lots so far, especially the Base Camp, Strip Club, Festival and Art Gallery. The barge was amazing as well. Haven't found the dive lots yet. There's so much detail everywhere, it's incredible <3

FYI- if you don't have ITF, you can grab some of the base-game compatible objects here:

https://yves-sim-laurent.tumblr.com...game-compatible
https://yves-sim-laurent.tumblr.com...-future-objects

I recommend getting at least the skylights, soil plots, recessed lighting, and a few more props.
Instructor
#280 Old 11th May 2020 at 10:29 PM Last edited by enable_llamas : 11th May 2020 at 10:56 PM.
Thanks, I actually cloned the skylights and the soil rugs with a couple of other things back when I had it installed years ago so I can replace them I've downloaded a few other objects from above but I don't think I've ever used or put them in game. With so much cc regular objects are just not very essential, you can always replace with something similar or better looking.

I did also get a bunch of script errors all whining about some "holo" thing but they're probably some leftover data from whatever was there and should be cleaned up after a save and reload. I'm off to look for the dive lots now


Edit: The Failure Object I'm getting is at the Rutherford Gallery, on the first floor right in front of the entrance to one of the restrooms. Here's a pic:
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#281 Old 12th May 2020 at 12:31 AM Last edited by jje1000 : 12th May 2020 at 5:50 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by enable_llamas
Edit: The Failure Object I'm getting is at the Rutherford Gallery, on the first floor right in front of the entrance to one of the restrooms. Here's a pic:


Definitely a weird one- probably some sim rig failure since it doesn't seem to correspond to any object?

I think it's safe to remove it though.

Edit: Updated the world and save files to remove the object.
Lab Assistant
#282 Old 13th May 2020 at 10:58 AM
I briefly opened the save game and looked around (I was too busy, otherwise I could've played for hours), and so far I am really impressed with all the detail in this world and the perfectly crafted save. I like that you can just jump into the pre-existing lives and all sims are really fleshed out. Very original bios, corresponding traits, looks and apartment styles, and already existing relationships that make sense, and a story progression tuning that seems to work really well so far in pushing them to go places that seem fitting for them (except for the gay couple attending the strip club, unless it was male-stripper night I guess ).
I also really like that every building feels real, and that most non-subway rabbitholes can be turned into zerbu-career lots quite easily.

I have two questions though: 1 I assume the ticket system at the subway didn't work smoothly? The solution of making the ticket machines into vending machines is really clever, but I'd still prefer changing them back to functioning ticket machines if it doesn't ruin the whole lot.
2 On your tumblr you said the community lots were carefully crafted and assigned to fill everyone of them with at least a few sims (and as far as I've seen, it's working amazingly). My question is, how delicate is that system, would I upset it by adding for instance a Dance club?

Anyway, I'm super exited to explore all the fun places in town and play different sims from the save before adding my own
Mad Poster
#283 Old 13th May 2020 at 2:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by still-playing-sims3
I briefly opened the save game and looked around (I was too busy, otherwise I could've played for hours), and so far I am really impressed with all the detail in this world and the perfectly crafted save. I like that you can just jump into the pre-existing lives and all sims are really fleshed out. Very original bios, corresponding traits, looks and apartment styles, and already existing relationships that make sense, and a story progression tuning that seems to work really well so far in pushing them to go places that seem fitting for them (except for the gay couple attending the strip club, unless it was male-stripper night I guess ).
I also really like that every building feels real, and that most non-subway rabbitholes can be turned into zerbu-career lots quite easily.

I have two questions though: 1 I assume the ticket system at the subway didn't work smoothly? The solution of making the ticket machines into vending machines is really clever, but I'd still prefer changing them back to functioning ticket machines if it doesn't ruin the whole lot.
2 On your tumblr you said the community lots were carefully crafted and assigned to fill everyone of them with at least a few sims (and as far as I've seen, it's working amazingly). My question is, how delicate is that system, would I upset it by adding for instance a Dance club?

Anyway, I'm super exited to explore all the fun places in town and play different sims from the save before adding my own

Thanks!

The ticket system was excluded mainly to reduce the amount of time it took for sims to get to their rabbitholes, since the process of buying tickets takes time. It works thematically if you just assume that every already has a Metrocard (monthly pass)!

For the later, I would suggest testing it out with NRAAS Tagger enabled (to see sims from the Map view), and seeing how the distribution of sims works out with the additional lot. If it doesn't work, you could always deactivate some of the other lots by changing their lot type to 'No Visitors Allowed'.
Test Subject
#284 Old 13th May 2020 at 9:46 PM
Hi there everyone, this is my first post ever on this board

This world is absolutely stunning, I had real fun building my own lots in it when the first version came out and now I can't wait to play it in its final version, so first of all I have to thank the creator for bringing it to light!

Secondly though, I'm having problems in loading the savegame, after a while during the loading the game crashes to the desktop and the txt report file gives an "ACCESS VIOLATION" error. Don't have any matter in loading a new game with the final version of the world instead. I'm not an expert and an error like this never occured to me in the past as far as I know, so I was just wondering if you could know what this kind of error might be related to. Don't even know if this is the right place to ask this or if it would be better to open a specific thread in the Help section. If that's the case I'm sorry for being OT!
Mad Poster
#285 Old 14th May 2020 at 3:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amnesiac_kid
Hi there everyone, this is my first post ever on this board

This world is absolutely stunning, I had real fun building my own lots in it when the first version came out and now I can't wait to play it in its final version, so first of all I have to thank the creator for bringing it to light!

Secondly though, I'm having problems in loading the savegame, after a while during the loading the game crashes to the desktop and the txt report file gives an "ACCESS VIOLATION" error. Don't have any matter in loading a new game with the final version of the world instead. I'm not an expert and an error like this never occured to me in the past as far as I know, so I was just wondering if you could know what this kind of error might be related to. Don't even know if this is the right place to ask this or if it would be better to open a specific thread in the Help section. If that's the case I'm sorry for being OT!


Thanks!

Hmm- I would try redownloading the savegame- maybe something didn't download correctly? Do you also have all the EPs required?

You could always run it through this to see if anything's gone wrong:
http://modthesims.info/d/416883/the...g-analyzer.html
Test Subject
#286 Old 14th May 2020 at 10:48 AM
Yeah I have all the EPs required. The Crash Log Analyzer gives a "Warning: Updates Available" cause for World Adventures and Ambitions, so maybe I'll have to update the patches for those EPs. I think I'll try redownloading the savegame first and if it's still not working I'll try updating the patches, hoping that won't compromise the whole game Thank you for the advices!
Lab Assistant
#287 Old 1st Jul 2020 at 8:07 AM
Where is the strip club located? I can't find it for the life of me.
Field Researcher
#288 Old 1st Jul 2020 at 2:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashmo
Where is the strip club located? I can't find it for the life of me.


Go across the bridge behind the School lot!
Lab Assistant
#289 Old 12th Sep 2020 at 4:20 AM
Anyone having an issue keeping more than 1 save file for this world? I downloaded the populated save file and moved my sims in. I used 'Save As' so I could use them to carry on and also have a fresh copy if I wanted to start from the beginning with another game. Now, when I go to load my 'Save As' game, it crashes to desktop (no error message) but I can load the first populated save no problem (along with my other non-Boroughsburg saves). I've done this a handful of times with the same result. Any ideas?
Mean, mean stride
retired moderator
#290 Old 12th Sep 2020 at 12:18 PM
@ninedoors How are you naming your save file? Make sure you only have alphanumeric characters in it, no .>,* etc.

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
-RUSH- -RADIO- -MORE RADIO-
Simpeople and Me Archive- -11Dots Archive- My Sims World Archive
If you are looking for files from old websites the Internet Archive is your best friend.
Lab Assistant
#291 Old 15th Sep 2020 at 5:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsample
@ninedoors How are you naming your save file? Make sure you only have alphanumeric characters in it, no .>,* etc.


I didn't realize that would impact save files! Sure enough, I save with a hypen (SV [for Sunset Valley, etc.] - Name). I'll be sure to change that going forward!

But my theory has been debunked, sadly. I saved under the main save file that came with the download and when I tried to re-enter that game (no special characters), it also crashed. I'm at a total loss.
Mad Poster
#292 Old 16th Sep 2020 at 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninedoors
I didn't realize that would impact save files! Sure enough, I save with a hypen (SV [for Sunset Valley, etc.] - Name). I'll be sure to change that going forward!

But my theory has been debunked, sadly. I saved under the main save file that came with the download and when I tried to re-enter that game (no special characters), it also crashed. I'm at a total loss.


Definitely a weird issue- if you’re continuing to run into problems with the savegame, you could use NRAAS Porter to transfer the families and NPCs over to a new version of the world.
Mad Poster
#293 Old 19th Sep 2020 at 2:29 AM Last edited by jje1000 : 19th Sep 2020 at 5:21 PM.
New mini-mod-mod for a topical time- skyline overrides for 1990s-2001, and 2001-2014 gameplay (normal skyline is playable 2014-).




https://potato-ballad-sims.tumblr.c...-2001-2001-2014
Mad Poster
#294 Old 19th Sep 2020 at 4:25 PM
Gorgeous! It just looks better with those towers against that skyline.

Hypocrisy is only okay if I do it.
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Page 12 of 12
Back to top