Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
retired moderator
#26 Old 15th Mar 2009 at 1:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CinnePin
boolPropped Wow, Summerset looks amazing! Is that were the Luckabees live?

Thanks! Actually, the Luckabee's do not live in Summerset (I wish they did!), but I might just have to move some of them over after I get through 10 generations

Quote: Originally posted by Avaluna
bP: That looks so great. Especially with that rainbow. ^_^ Which terrain do you use?

It's called Tadstoke by Hazy13:
http://www.thesimsresource.com/down...toke/id/522767/

Formerly known as boolPropped
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 15th Mar 2009 at 3:25 AM
Venison

It's somewhat of a Gilded Age Chicago meatpacking district locale, with the communist commune at the top right and the rest of the gritty buildings just below it.

Close to it are the nice homes (Monty and Baudelaire) and Briny Beach Restaurant.

Forum Resident
#28 Old 15th Mar 2009 at 10:36 AM
Criquette: That looks great! I can't wait to download it.
bP: Thanks you! That's a really nice terrain. Too bad I can't make it my main hood, because I don't know how to move Sims...
Blake: Love it! It looks nice and cosy. I love small neighbourhoods.
Field Researcher
#29 Old 15th Mar 2009 at 4:12 PM
Thanks Avaluna and Babolat85! I really appreciate it.

and Babolat85, I love your neighborhood, it looks so cosmopolitan and hip - awesome. :D
Field Researcher
#30 Old 15th Mar 2009 at 4:47 PM
blake i love the series of unfortunate events names ! any chance of a V.F.D. HQ ?

Head Of Staff & Writer @ LivingSims Magazine

Interested In Working At LivingSims ? Then Check This Out
Field Researcher
#31 Old 15th Mar 2009 at 5:20 PM

Babolat: Really nice pics!

My current favourite neighborhood, still in progress: Coastal Edge

Instructor
#32 Old 16th Mar 2009 at 10:07 AM
Thanks Babolat....You are one of my inspiration !!!!!
linnulvklo- Love your small hood!!!!

I am Brazilian but I live in Switzerland!!!!
Call me Paula if you want :)
My Tumblr =)
Forum Resident
#33 Old 16th Mar 2009 at 1:03 PM
I love everyone's 'hoods. One day i will get around to posting my own.

boolpropped- I have used that terrain before- it is really great for background shots on the other side of the river.
Babolat- are you still using your Denali River terrain, or have you changed?
linnulvklo- I love your little 'hood. It is so quaint. What terrain are you using?
Field Researcher
#34 Old 16th Mar 2009 at 5:47 PM
Thanks amora, Tenielle and Babolat!

Tenielle: I'm using the Teardrop Island terrain, from MTS2
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 17th Mar 2009 at 4:57 AM
Default Teardrop Island
Quote: Originally posted by linnulvklo
Thanks amora, Tenielle and Babolat!

Tenielle: I'm using the Teardrop Island terrain, from MTS2

Hey linnulvklo, do you know who created the terrain, for I can not find it! :einstein
#36 Old 18th Mar 2009 at 1:28 AM
Babolat, that looks really cool!
Linnulvklo, ohh, autumn makes this tiny hood even more cute

...Here's a picture with some bridges from my current project:

Autumn comes too
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 18th Mar 2009 at 3:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Criquette
Babolat, that looks really cool!
Linnulvklo, ohh, autumn makes this tiny hood even more cute

...Here's a picture with some bridges from my current project:

Autumn comes too

Criquette, seeing your CC makes me proud to be a Sims 2 player lol! I wish I could marry you so I wouldn't have to wait for MTS2 to post your content for download! I've been stealing some of your hood designs for my own hood. Hope you don't mind!
Instructor
#38 Old 18th Mar 2009 at 12:34 PM
Honestly Criquette you continue to freaking amaze me with such AWESOMENESS!
#39 Old 19th Mar 2009 at 12:14 AM
There are so many cool projects now! Jawdropping stuff too.
#40 Old 19th Mar 2009 at 8:51 AM
HRPuffNStuffAddict, lol, you're the second who tells me about marriage because of my items But, i have a girlfriend allready so.. huh, sorry, lol :D
And thank you very mutch

Bopashu2, thanks!

Elwood, that's right! Last pics are great!

So i just want to show off another try to create a hood that i would play.. i meen, every time i start making a new neighborhood, i come up with another ideas that noes not fit the terrain i've created allready so most of the time i just start over again. This time i've decided to create a new terrain for bridges testing, but later i've realised that it could be great to make it real playable hood. So i've named it Dullfielde.
And here it is:

You may have noticed allready that it is the same terrain as in my previous pic. Worst thing about TS2 neighborhood terrain for me is a shore sand texture that does not fit in some layouts. Long time ago i was trying to replace the sand texture with something more like a grass or dark soil but i've failed. Now i think that in neighborhood mode, there is a shader (not texture) that gives a shore this bright sand look - i should try to figure it out later but any way - i've found the way to get rid of it.
As you know - there are 3 overlay grass textures in hood decos menu. They mask this ugly sand perfectly but they spoil the shore line by overlaying the water color. I've noticed that if you place any object below the water level and over this grass texture, the object hides it and water color looks okay again. So i've made a huge (100x100 tiles) brownish square and placed a couple of it a bit lower than water level to have these unwanted grass texture issues off but keeping all these water reflections on.
In the end, i have a good looking grassy shore line and the water looks like it's kinda dark and dull even close to the shore line (you can notice that at the pics above) - just exactly what i needed Didn't tested it in the lot and beach lot mode, but i will
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 19th Mar 2009 at 11:04 AM
OMG! Criquette, I truly :lovestruc you ....That is so Awesome! You never cease to amaze me *Runs off and giggling like a school girl*.

I have tried, but have failed. What else is there for me do do?
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 19th Mar 2009 at 8:52 PM
Criquette - Dullfielde looks amazing (not dull at all ) The shorelines are outstanding, I've never seen anything look so real and natural in any neighborhoods before! You truly push limits when it comes to neighborhood building and your pictures are a big inspiration.

Linnulvklo - Coastal Edge looks great. I like how all the buildings have the almost the same colors.

Babolat85 - You are a building master! Love the modern city!
Field Researcher
#43 Old 19th Mar 2009 at 9:15 PM
Criquette: There are no words to describe how fricken awesome that is - I am jealous of your skills!
#44 Old 20th Mar 2009 at 2:20 AM
Wow, Criquette, that 'hood and those bridges look awesome! I've never liked the sandy beach shores either, but it sounds too confusing to change it. :P
You're amazing at creating neighbourhoods. :lovestruc
#45 Old 20th Mar 2009 at 7:38 AM
Criquette, that is awesome! Any chance for you uploading the SC4 terrain?
#46 Old 20th Mar 2009 at 2:04 PM
lmfjaxxon, Oh, thank you!

Paradise, thanks! I really exited with these shores too finnaly! And the Dullfielde it's just kinda ironic name, just because it doesn't looks like a warm and shiny blue crystal clear water heaven, but still has it's charm allready

Anyerfillag, thank you! Concerning skills, i must say tha as a former SC4 geek, i use my experience from SC4 while making a neighborhood Placing hood decos on a SC2 terrain is kinda placing props in the SC4 lot editor
For example, to have your flora look more natural while placing down the same tree or shrub i hold 'rotate' key to have it rotated every time i plop it at the new place. It gives a little bit more good looking variety to the flora and trees doesn't look like a cloned ones

Gonebynow, thanks! Huh, yes, i thought it would be easy to modd it (just like terrain textures), but i've failed, lol. Thanks again

Zepe, thank you! Umm, not sure about this. The map itself is totally boring since all the canals (and some other terraforming) was added using FT EP terraforming feature

Here's another couple of pictures of Dullfielde. No big deal, just want to show how it looks with walkways and pedestrian crossings removed from the Maxis's temperate road texture

Now it looks more modest and rural without walkways and pedestrian crossings (i want to add some walkways using walkway pieces on some main streets) I've also made T and X intersection road corners rounded so for me it looks just right
You may also see this orange background behind the hood border - this is what i've talk about - a huge square that hides everything below the water level and gives the water this kind of look
#47 Old 20th Mar 2009 at 9:31 PM
While the topic is on sharing, if you were to upload that underwater texture it would be very nice.. That beachline problem is very familiar to me as well and I've never been a fan of the watercolor in Sims2.
#48 Old 21st Mar 2009 at 8:16 AM
Babolat, i don't think so It's another road mod, these corners are not decorations, but... here, you can try it out

Elwood, oh, sure! Here you go
#49 Old 21st Mar 2009 at 11:58 PM
Cool! Thanks!

Though I'm not sure if I would bathe in this river...: :D

Some other in progress pics (loads of houses missing..):

Before anyone comments it, yes, I was inspired by Babolats highway bridges.
Instructor
#50 Old 22nd Mar 2009 at 6:49 PM

A sub-hood to my mega-hood (because it's the only neighbourhood I play) which I started working on before getting AL.
I'm in love with the grass texture, although it doesn't work at all when on lots...
Page 2 of 35