Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#76 Old 17th Apr 2009 at 1:44 AM
(Sorry for the picture quality, i was in a rush)

My 'custom' made neighbourhood: (Its just downloaded lots updated and placed together lol)

I havent got a good name for it yet.

I think i need to get a better picture though.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#77 Old 17th Apr 2009 at 3:45 AM
Welcome to Bridgemont, my first fully-planned built up subhood (shopping district!) Work in progress but so far I love it!

Test Subject
#78 Old 21st Apr 2009 at 9:59 PM
Babolat, the keys are awesome!!

Random little shots of a little neighborhood.

Field Researcher
#79 Old 21st Apr 2009 at 11:47 PM
Cute neighborhood Ixi, looks very woodsy and secluded!
Forum Resident
#80 Old 26th Apr 2009 at 12:24 PM
Hamilton Bay

I have been working on this neighborhood for the past couple of days, and love how it has turned out. It is still not finished- needs some more decorating on the outer parts, but I'm very happy with how it's progressing.

Everyone has great neighborhoods- this is one of my favourite threads!
Lab Assistant
#81 Old 26th Apr 2009 at 1:20 PM
Wow Tenielle, Hamilton Bay looks awesome.
Field Researcher
#82 Old 26th Apr 2009 at 4:10 PM
Hamilton bay looks great! Well planned out I can see .
Test Subject
#83 Old 26th Apr 2009 at 4:32 PM
Wow guys!! I wish I had the pacience to stay and do all that... I still play PleasantView or BelladonaCove LOL.
Test Subject
#84 Old 26th Apr 2009 at 10:54 PM
Tenielle: That looks beautiful! Where did you download that terrain?
Instructor
#85 Old 27th Apr 2009 at 2:34 AM
Default Esperança
This is my new Hood wheremyself sim is thinking to live in just start to decorate!!!!

I am Brazilian but I live in Switzerland!!!!
Call me Paula if you want :)
My Tumblr =)
Forum Resident
#86 Old 27th Apr 2009 at 8:15 AM
Thanks for the compliments, guys.

Quote: Originally posted by RILEYYYYY
Tenielle: That looks beautiful! Where did you download that terrain?

Riley- The terrain is Autumn Bay at Gethane Sims. It's one of my favourites.

Edit- I did use the terraform option in-game to flatten out the areas where I built, as I wanted it all level
Inventor
#87 Old 27th Apr 2009 at 5:32 PM
beatdoc16: Gorgeous, all of the docks and the pier.
ar2593: That's a big neighborhood! You're filling it up well.
Ixi_the_Great: Out in the boonies, very nice.
Tenielle: Hamilton Bay is amazing, it's filled up so well and looks lively.
kayleigh83: Looks really pretty, I like the mix of trees.
amora_selvagen: The water looks sooo pretty!

Salem got a mini-makeover:

"to be nobody but yourself, in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else, means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting." - e.e. cummings
Treejen's Sims!
#88 Old 28th Apr 2009 at 5:16 AM

Lab Assistant
#89 Old 28th Apr 2009 at 1:57 PM
Your hood looks wonderful, shrewsbury. Do you have a name for it?
Lab Assistant
#90 Old 28th Apr 2009 at 4:52 PM
Wow... I never fail to be amazed when I browse this thread. You all have such wonderful worlds!

Criquette, you are the master. Enough said. One photo looks just like Amsterdam! I have a few questions for you though but I will come to that in a minute.
Babolat, you work very quick and your new projects look like they've existed all the time. I like the pier of rocks with the lighthouse at the tip in your marina. Also, it's very beachy, not fairytale beachy with lots of white sand and palms, but realistic beachy with a lot of piers. I can almost smell the salt and the roasted shrimps. And the bridges make me chuckle. They look like massive, man-made waves.
Beatdoc, I had no idea you were working on such a cuuute bay. It is lush, small, and has everything you'd want. The Sims that live there must have a lovely view!
Tenielle, Hamilton Bay looks massive! Did you achieve that in a couple days? I take my hat off for you. It looks really lush and I like how there seem to be different areas.
Treejen, Salem looks like a nice town. The different levels are a fun approach and I like how the shopping street is lined with banners, am I right?

And everyone else who showed their work, I really enjoyed the glimpse in your games! My collection of pretty and inspiring pictures has grown considerably in the past few minutes :D

My work in progress

I found out about this really nice terrain through the previous version of this thread, I believe. When I put it in my game and started looking around, I just couldn't stop decorating :D

And here's my question. Like you can see on this picture, Criquettes deco doesn't match the texture of my roads. It also floats above the ground.
Is this normal? Do others experience this too? Do you, Criquette, use some sort of road mod that matches the colour of your deco? (The one you posted a page back, perhaps?)
I would really love to use the deco as it really enhances (will enhance) the hood, but it's hard to incorporate if the buses float :hmm: :laugh:

Test Subject
#91 Old 30th Apr 2009 at 2:48 AM
Default spelling mistakes
Woahz, look at all of these amazing hoods!! :O
I'll just comment on the hoods on this page, cuz it would take me FOREVER to dish out all of the compliments for the entire thread (did that make sense? sorry if it didn't. i'm sick and the medicine is sorta making me feel funny. luckily i don't have swine flu though. ANYWAY)
babolat: I'm so jealous, Your so talented at making hoods and houses! The Keys are amazing, so pretty and relaxing!
beatdoc: Lyric Falls Bay is tiny, and cute!! Gorgeous.
ar2593: Its beautiful, I love it.
kayleigh: Amazing, the placement and mix of trees is awesome.
amora: Its so tropical! The water is GORGEOUS.
treejen: OHMYGOSH. Its awesome! The multiple levels are so cool, and the use of banners is cool.
shrewsberry: o.O I love it!! Did you build the buildings yourself, or are they downloaded? I love the placement of them!
nimi: I love the way the terrain is decorated! And I seem to have that problem with Criquettes deco as well, its kind of frustrating since they're just so amazing!
tenielle: Hamilton Bay is huge, and gorgeous!!

Mkay, since this is a picture thread... Heres some snaps of my For Sims By Sims hood, West Forks. Its the Incy Isle terrain, with a few modifications. I based it slightly off JadeEliotts terrain for Island of Thyme.

Lighthouse Rocks

Hule Waterfall and the Wind Turbines

Overview

Front of the Island

Sorry the images are so low quality, I'll upload some better quality ones in a bit and replace them.
Lab Assistant
#92 Old 30th Apr 2009 at 11:05 AM
toesrnotbubbles, good to know it's not just me! And thank you. Your West Forks is looking lovely. It really seems to have different areas with each a different feel. It kind of reminded me of Jade's Thyme, and then I saw your note, hehe. I can see the inspiration, but you incorporated it slightly differently in your own way. Nice! And I like the way you've used the embankments with the stairs and the piers.

Field Researcher
#93 Old 30th Apr 2009 at 3:43 PM
Update on Bridgemont!! Thanks to a tip-off from the lovely Beatdoc, I downloaded a mod to replace all the default Maxis grass with a much brighter, deeper green! I looove the way it looks, so lush and gorgeous! Here's some shots of it with that.

Test Subject
#94 Old 2nd May 2009 at 3:16 PM
Well, i've been a lurker in this thread for the past 2, so i mights as well contribute. This is mount edmund.(im not good with naming lol) IM still working on jamesville, the town on the south side of the mountain.
http://img197.imagevenue.com/img.ph...1_122_923lo.jpg
#95 Old 2nd May 2009 at 5:01 PM
oh baby! bridgemont is booming kayleigh :D
loving the new grass too.
Lab Assistant
#96 Old 2nd May 2009 at 5:38 PM
kayleigh:Bridgemont is looking fantastic! Where did you get that lovely grass mod?
Field Researcher
#97 Old 2nd May 2009 at 6:08 PM
Right here! It's a looovely thing to have!
Lab Assistant
#98 Old 3rd May 2009 at 12:21 AM
Thankyou soooo much!
Test Subject
#99 Old 3rd May 2009 at 12:44 AM
Oooo, loving the new grass, so lush and refreshing kayleigh83. And thanks,
penguindude, Mount Edmund is very lovely. Very rural.
Forum Resident
#100 Old 3rd May 2009 at 1:46 AM
kayleigh- Bridgemont looks fantastic. I can't wait to see it when you're finished.
Page 4 of 35