Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#26 Old 8th Oct 2015 at 1:00 AM
So many awesome projects.

I don't have any pictures to contribute at the moment, but like Bigsimsfan12, I just completed my own multi-PT set, thanks to the fantastic and easy-to-follow tutorial by Simgaroop. I wanted each template to pass on a different body shape, so that meant making and texture-referencing quite a few skins. I'm glad that's over with!

I was tired of my old skintones, so I made some new ones that I've been testing out. I'm fairly satisfied with them finally, so I want to add in some more in-between shades.

I also wanted more detailed but still animation-friendly eyes, so I found a sclera I liked and made a large set of eyes for my game. I can't remember who made the sclera at the moment, but I know I have it written down on my computer.

I also want to finish replacing all of the Maxis hairs, since I don't like their default color palette.

And I want to convert more clothes for different body shapes.

I guess I feel like juggling a lot of projects that I intend to finish eventually.
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 8th Oct 2015 at 7:17 AM Last edited by d_dgjdhh : 23rd Mar 2016 at 4:01 AM.
Here's something I'm currently working on. It's a prize wheel from some old TV show from the US, 1980s. See if you know which show this comes from.

And perhaps guess the hangman type riddle? The topic is fictional characters:

The only downside to this project will be animations for the prize wheel. Will have to continue researching how to make it revolve. If I can't, I'll need to find someone who knows how to program that into the object.

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
Original Poster
#28 Old 8th Oct 2015 at 1:10 PM
I'll have an A and an H please. That looks great. I've never tried animations though I have an idea for something that would involve that (a longer term project I hasten to add - takes me long enough to get the short term ones off the ground). I did wonder about using poseboxes poses within animations since the sims move their limbs into position which can look (or be made to look) like an appropriate animation.

Quote: Originally posted by SleepyTabby
I also wanted more detailed but still animation-friendly eyes, so I found a sclera I liked and made a large set of eyes for my game. I can't remember who made the sclera at the moment, but I know I have it written down on my computer.

ooo share if you can - that's something I want to do and I did start. I have a lot of old eyes where I'd like to replace the texture with a scelera-d version. The problem (one of the problems) with running a very long-term hood like Little Carping (this version since 2007) is that you have to hang on to old CC, especially genetics, since deleting it is a problem (a fixable problem but all the same). I have a lot of old eyes and skintones in my main game. More or less all the skintones have been edited but that was done a long while back. The eyes not so much.

I also like using different bodyshapes. I was thinking a while back of seeing if I could make the collections of skins for each body type invisible in the main catalogue but visible in a collection so I don't have to kill myself remembering what skins are for which sims.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Instructor
#29 Old 8th Oct 2015 at 4:42 PM
I'd like to solve, d_dgjdhh.

Right now, I'm still torn on how satisfied I am with the eyes I made. I'll update with some screenshots later today. But I don't think I have ever felt totally satisfied after "completing" a project of any kind.

It's practically a hobby of mine to boot up SimPE after playing to tweak my Sims' genetics. Of course, my 'hood does not date back to 2007 (wow!), and I think it's barely a month old. I can't imagine how many Sims you'd have. That's an awesome project in itself.

Is it possible to make skins and clothes only appear for the appropriate body type? That would be extremely useful.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
Original Poster
#30 Old 8th Oct 2015 at 5:39 PM
You mean in a collection file? It's doable with objects so skins might be similar. Basically with objects, you put them into a collection (you created) and then come out of the game. Boot up SimPE, hide the objects from the catalogue (edit the OBJD) and that should mean you see them in the collection but not the cataloge. Too lazy to get on with it though and try.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Instructor
#31 Old 8th Oct 2015 at 8:40 PM
I didn't know much about collection files, to be honest, so thanks for explaining that. Maybe I'll give it a try sometime...but I can be pretty lazy and forgetful, so we'll see.

I took a few pictures of the eyes I've been working on so I have something to show here instead of just telling. The sclera turned out to be a blend of my Natural Elements eyes and Poppet's edit of mswn's sclera. So you know, the caruncle is a layerable blush I found somewhere by Pooklet.

Screenshots
Scholar
#32 Old 9th Oct 2015 at 7:18 AM
@SleepyTabby

That is correct, you solved the puzzle!

See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Field Researcher
#33 Old 9th Oct 2015 at 3:33 PM
@SleepyTabby
That sclera looks nice, and I love the eyes on that sclera even more
Instructor
#34 Old 9th Oct 2015 at 4:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by d_dgjdhh
That is correct, you solved the puzzle!

Yay, I feel like such a winner! :D

Thanks, Miley! How are your face templates going? I think you were doing a great job matching Maxis while beautifying them.
Field Researcher
#35 Old 9th Oct 2015 at 7:58 PM Last edited by MileyTheSimmer : 9th Oct 2015 at 9:19 PM.
Yay, I feel like such a winner! :D

Thanks, Miley! How are your face templates going? I think you were doing a great job matching Maxis while beautifying them.

Oh, I was doing great until bodyshop decided to be mean to me and started to crash, It always does that but it gets fixed on it's own later
Edit: is that skin yours or what? I think it looks beautiful
Instructor
#36 Old 10th Oct 2015 at 1:32 AM
Sounds like you have a temperamental Bodyshop. If it's one thing I wish was different about Sims 2, it would be that it and its components were more stable and less buggy.

And yes, that is the new skintone I've been working on. Thank you for your kind words. The freckles and makeup aren't part of it, though. It's basically my Imperfection set only modified to look, well, better in my opinion.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
Original Poster
#37 Old 10th Oct 2015 at 10:16 AM
You find TS2 unstable and buggy? I ask because I'm kind of shocked at that statement. My game is solid as a rock.

Instructor
#38 Old 10th Oct 2015 at 4:57 PM
More of it's easy to mess up in. I don't have problems with stability, but it's clear to me that others do.

As for being buggy, well, I consider corruption pretty buggy. It's not a big problem if you know what not to do, but when you first start out and your Sim forgets they have a brother who they had been best friends with the day before, all because you used the function the game provided to delete Sims you didn't want to play with...that's what I consider a bug or at least weird.

But once I learned about corruption and how to prevent it, I haven't had so many issues.
Scholar
#39 Old 13th Oct 2015 at 7:23 AM Last edited by d_dgjdhh : 23rd Mar 2016 at 4:00 AM.
Here's some more updates with the Wheel Base of the show:

And another puzzle to solve. The category is "Before & After". Perhaps not very helpful, but maybe some letters can help:

(...)Hmm, I'll have a B, please.

EDIT 1: Yes, SleepyTabby there is one "B".

Instructor
#40 Old 13th Oct 2015 at 6:13 PM
That is looking awesome, d_dgjdhh.

Hmm, I'll have a B, please.
Test Subject
#41 Old 18th Oct 2015 at 3:13 AM
simsample, I am positively DROOLING over that university hood! I hope you plan to upload it.

I'm working on Aselia, a custom content free custom Asian vacation hood using Isla Chica. This project has become a monster with about 30 lots and 77 MB of space and I'm still not done yet. I'll post it to Creator Feedback within the next few days.... when my fingers stop twitching from typing and clicking.
Screenshots
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
Original Poster
#42 Old 22nd Oct 2015 at 6:16 PM
Finally - FINALLY - finished the posters. I think I might take the new mesh over to Creator Feedback and make sure it's working as advertised. I've never actually released one of my own remeshes before so I feel the need to check before (and if) I do post them. Anyway, here they are: full set followed by pairs a bit closer in. I'm fairly pleased with them. I'm gratified to have solved a couple of problems with them but I'm struggling atm with the clickable area on the mesh. Not sure what went awry there.

Polgannon and Torquay

Ireland and East Coast

Devon and Rhyl

and Skegness and Whitley Bay

Scholar
#43 Old 28th Oct 2015 at 6:51 AM Last edited by d_dgjdhh : 23rd Mar 2016 at 3:59 AM.
Hi everyone. Here's some new images of the WIP wheel base. Now with podiums for the contestants.

And a shot of what it could look like on a TV screen, if given the proper effects.

The wheel base has shrunk proportionally by 10% to make it shorter in height for the contestants. The railings are now at the hip line of the players.

Scholar
#44 Old 28th Oct 2015 at 4:43 PM
Is this fully playable? Like can you make puzzles and have the Sims play or....how does this work?

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Scholar
#45 Old 28th Oct 2015 at 6:13 PM Last edited by d_dgjdhh : 28th Oct 2015 at 7:01 PM.
The plan is to have the wheel spin to a specific wedge and to have your Sim "practice speech" as if they're looking at a mirror to give the impression that they are giving a letter. The control is still over the user to make the Sims perform actions. This is pretty much something that can be used to make films. There is a puzzle board already uploaded here on MTS that the user can use to make up puzzles.

There's no custom animations for the wheel, nor the puzzle board. I haven't learned how to make animations.

Here's an example of a YouTube clip from someone who made a small WOF episode. You can see that the Sims stand behind a podia and "practice speech" due to their microphones acting as mirrors. The Sim "turning the trilons" of the puzzle board stands in front of it and the user clicks the trilon to turn it around, rather than the sim.

Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#46 Old 28th Oct 2015 at 7:24 PM
Sorry for the low quality photo but this will come at the end of the month...
Screenshots

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Scholar
#47 Old 28th Oct 2015 at 9:18 PM
love desert hoods and @d_dgjdhh oh okay thanks!

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
Original Poster
#48 Old 28th Oct 2015 at 10:44 PM
Love your blood moon - is that a sky replacement then?

Trainee Moderator
#49 Old 29th Oct 2015 at 11:09 PM
@maxon

The blood moon is unfortunately just photoshopped. (Just to make the picture look 'creepier')
But the neighborhood will be uploaded soon...

And it will have... special inhabitants.

Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Trainee Moderator
#50 Old 1st Nov 2015 at 9:39 PM
Sorry to double post, but the 'special' thing with 'special' inhabitants got approved.
It's here

My Simblr
Page 2 of 22