Replies: 195 (Who?), Viewed: 61090 times.
Page 8 of 8
Mad Poster
#176 Old 10th Feb 2019 at 1:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGuyCalledPi
These are all the links I have off MTS. They discuss the precomp file but not specifically how to modify it.
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s....msg551704.html
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...,15034.150.html


Interesting, the second link talks about finding the original precomp file lol- looks like if you have the CD, you can grab it from there.
Mad Poster
#177 Old 10th Feb 2019 at 2:37 AM
I have a disc copy from 2010. It won't have the original precomp but it'll be pre-Late Night at least. Of course I could always find a kind internet communist willing to supply me with an unpatched version of the game. Not sure if it's worth the bother, though, because I don't see it resulting in anything other than a crash to desktop.

Hypocrisy is only okay if I do it.
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#178 Old 10th Feb 2019 at 4:47 AM
Still worth a try, IMO.

Who knows what sort of strange coding duct tape holds TS3 together?
Mad Poster
#179 Old 11th Mar 2019 at 3:11 PM Last edited by jje1000 : 11th Mar 2019 at 3:52 PM.
So another thing- anyone interested in digging into the game's camera system?

I wonder if it could be improved?
Download - please read all instructions before downloading any files!
File Type: zip Camera Tuning.zip (7.8 KB, 12 downloads) - View custom content
Mad Poster
#180 Old 11th Mar 2019 at 6:59 PM
Yeah I've tried. But I couldn't find the config files for it. I'd like to change some values to make the Live Mode camera more flexible.

Hypocrisy is only okay if I do it.
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Field Researcher
#181 Old 11th Mar 2019 at 7:18 PM
@jje1000 Better how? There are a lot camera mods even here. Is there something specific that is bothering you?

That being said, I did ended up making my own e.g I never liked how short the zoom out distance was in map view and on lot, I wanted to go even lower when zooming in to the ground etc.

@AGuyCalledPi What do you mean? That is the file you edit and then you pop it in your downloads folder?
Mad Poster
#182 Old 11th Mar 2019 at 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGuyCalledPi
Yeah I've tried. But I couldn't find the config files for it. I'd like to change some values to make the Live Mode camera more flexible.


Lucky for you I have the game's camera XMLs attached.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giga
@jje1000 Better how? There are a lot camera mods even here. Is there something specific that is bothering you?


In general- I'm curious to see what people have discovered in the file.
Mad Poster
#183 Old 11th Mar 2019 at 10:45 PM
Definitely going to have a dig around it now. Thanks!

Hypocrisy is only okay if I do it.
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Field Researcher
#184 Old 12th Mar 2019 at 3:01 PM
I just compared mine to the original, I had modified 33 lines. This was years ago so I cannot remember all the things I changed or if all 33 are even meaningful changes. One thing that was an important thing to me, was that I can zoom out on a lot to see it as a map view, without going to map view. Then I wanted to make map view zoom farther away. And then of course extremely close zoom in and wider, watcha call it, rotation on camera up and down direction?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#185 Old 20th Mar 2019 at 3:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGuyCalledPi
I have a disc copy from 2010. It won't have the original precomp but it'll be pre-Late Night at least. Of course I could always find a kind internet communist willing to supply me with an unpatched version of the game. Not sure if it's worth the bother, though, because I don't see it resulting in anything other than a crash to desktop.

What about the leaked version which was released by RELOADED? Not that I'd advocate warez though, and idk about MTS's policy on leaked content, but it would be interesting to compare any (subtle) shader differences.
Mad Poster
#186 Old 20th Mar 2019 at 4:19 AM
Sure, I could try it. To get entirely back on topic, however, I've been having pretty serious and visually jarring issues with Reshade lately that I haven't been able to explain or solve in any way. And yes, this is one of the reasons it's been taking me 9 months to produce another episode of Bridgeport'88. I've had to lobotomize Reshade which means no more depth of field and ambient occlusion effects, though, thankfully, the AO method discussed in this thread can fill in the gaps to some degree.

Hypocrisy is only okay if I do it.
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#187 Old 24th May 2019 at 3:05 PM
Interesting- new raytracing settings in Reshade- would be interesting to see if it works for TS3.

https://youtu.be/LIplbHWBRjA
https://youtu.be/vDHa_1pJmOA
Field Researcher
#188 Old 2nd Nov 2019 at 3:01 PM
I know necroposting is a bad thing, but I really want to use the settings discussed on here, specifically the ones on the OP's original post. However the pictures for the settings no longer shows so I can't follow the guide exactly. Can somebody type out the settings please. Or if possible, could the image links be fixed?
Mad Poster
#189 Old 2nd Nov 2019 at 11:01 PM
A lot of people upload to unreliable image hosting sites (for example, every site that isn't Imgur) so that might need to be fixed. Either way, I don't think it's necroposting when it's a relevant technical thread and has had new posts within the current year.

Hypocrisy is only okay if I do it.
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Field Researcher
#190 Old 4th Nov 2019 at 4:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGuyCalledPi
A lot of people upload to unreliable image hosting sites (for example, every site that isn't Imgur) so that might need to be fixed. Either way, I don't think it's necroposting when it's a relevant technical thread and has had new posts within the current year.


Thanks for the reply

So does anybody have an idea what those settings on the OP's first post are? As I'd really want to try them out.
Field Researcher
#191 Old 7th Nov 2019 at 8:59 AM
Three days have passed and still no reply from anyone who might know what those AO settings were on the OP's pictures whose links no longer work

I really want to try those settings out you guys
Mad Poster
#192 Old 7th Nov 2019 at 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRV13
Three days have passed and still no reply from anyone who might know what those AO settings were on the OP's pictures whose links no longer work

I really want to try those settings out you guys


Probably b/c the OP posted in the OP - "In my case the AO compatibility is set as 0x00000007, which is for Counter-Strike: Source."

You're probably confused b/c it looks a lot heavier in his screenshots? That is because those screenshots were from an older Nvidia driver. Since its update, it no longer look anywhere near that level. Which is what this whole thread's discussion is about. None of any modern Nvidia driver will make it look like that.

Try 0x00060019 instead, it is heavier than 07 but still nothing like the OP's screenshot.

Sanity is overrated.

Nitromon is a type of Pokemon encountered in the Pokemon Nitrome Version series.

There. Mystery solved.
Field Researcher
#193 Old 7th Nov 2019 at 7:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitromon
Probably b/c the OP posted in the OP - "In my case the AO compatibility is set as 0x00000007, which is for Counter-Strike: Source."

You're probably confused b/c it looks a lot heavier in his screenshots? That is because those screenshots were from an older Nvidia driver. Since its update, it no longer look anywhere near that level. Which is what this whole thread's discussion is about. None of any modern Nvidia driver will make it look like that.

Try 0x00060019 instead, it is heavier than 07 but still nothing like the OP's screenshot.


So we can no longer achieve the same look as what's on the OP's existing ingame photos anymore? Man that kinda sucks then

Also it is kinda strange that the ingame pics still work but the links to the pics showing the settings no longer do.
Mad Poster
#194 Old 7th Nov 2019 at 10:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRV13
Also it is kinda strange that the ingame pics still work but the links to the pics showing the settings no longer do.


The settings are the same as here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...844#post5031844

Sanity is overrated.

Nitromon is a type of Pokemon encountered in the Pokemon Nitrome Version series.

There. Mystery solved.
Field Researcher
#195 Old 8th Nov 2019 at 5:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitromon


Thanks nitromon

Once again you know your stuff when it comes to GPU tweaking for the game
Mad Poster
#196 Old 8th Nov 2019 at 7:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRV13
Thanks nitromon

Once again you know your stuff when it comes to GPU tweaking for the game



no prob, btw i just updated one of the settings in that link b/c it is outdated:

Power Management Mode - application controlled. So it won't keep the frequency high when you're not needing the GPU. This keeps your GPU cool.

Sanity is overrated.

Nitromon is a type of Pokemon encountered in the Pokemon Nitrome Version series.

There. Mystery solved.
Page 8 of 8
Back to top