Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Feb 2016 at 11:59 AM
How can I move my single sim from one house to another?
I've been a member for a LONG time but I'm fairly quiet. I recently got back into playing Sims 2, which I have all the expansions for, and figured I would give 3 another try. I re-remembered why it was that I keep deleting the game.
I like to move my sim from one house to another until I am happy with it (the sim as well) but I have trouble figuring that out. I do use the motherlode cheat. Of course starting off, you need a "cheaper" home, so I have moved my sim into it. Used said cheat for more money. I can't figure out how to move to another house.
I also have trouble telling which houses are occupied vs empty. (not as important at the moment)
In short, the controls in Sims 3 are different and I can't seem to wrap my brain around them. Sims 2, everything was very straight forward.

Please forgive me if I am in the wrong thread for this. I currently just have the base game installed. I have world travelers, and will install it once I can get basics down)
Please don't reply if all you intend to do is pick on me.... not kewl. I just need help. Would love a youtube video but I have looked and can't find. May need to build my own house.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 11th Feb 2016 at 1:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by leeannhoskin
I like to move my sim from one house to another until I am happy with it (the sim as well) but I have trouble figuring that out. I do use the motherlode cheat. Of course starting off, you need a "cheaper" home, so I have moved my sim into it. Used said cheat for more money. I can't figure out how to move to another house.
I also have trouble telling which houses are occupied vs empty. (not as important at the moment)
In short, the controls in Sims 3 are different and I can't seem to wrap my brain around them. Sims 2, everything was very straight forward.

picture shows how to tell empty houses from not-empty houses

To move your chosen sims into a house ctrl shift c then testingcheatsenabled true and then freerealestate press enter. you should be able to move your sim into any house no matter how much it is.

full instructions on how to move sims: http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/t.../households.php
Screenshots
One Minute Ninja'd
#3 Old 11th Feb 2016 at 4:42 PM
Or, if your sim already has the cash from motherlode, the simplest in game way to move is to click on the phone in your inventory, select Real Estate/move/within this neighborhood. Your view will then show only the unoccupied houses you can move in to.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 6:48 PM
Yes, I figured it out! Thank you!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 6:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by amc462000
picture shows how to tell empty houses from not-empty houses

To move your chosen sims into a house ctrl shift c then testingcheatsenabled true and then freerealestate press enter. you should be able to move your sim into any house no matter how much it is.

full instructions on how to move sims: http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/t.../households.php

I did not realize that about the house icon (being filled in vs not)
THANK you! Very helpful! Esp with the picture! I can enjoy my game again!