Replies: 8 (Who?), Viewed: 1634 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Oct 2016 at 7:54 PM
Default icarus_allsorts Audition for Band and Cook with Any Ingredient Doesnt work on my 1.69 Sims 3
The Cook WIth Any Ingredient mod sounds great and all the comments nobody is complaining that it doesn't work. I use Windows 10 and if i have the package installed i start up the game and i get a black screen and a spinning blue wheel that is stuck there forever. Same for Audiotion for Band.

Cook with Any ingredient says it might conflict with other cooking mods etc. I have no other cooking mods.
What's going on?

Also i notice his mods say 1.63 - 1.67 even though he updated the mods, in 2016. I use Sims 3 1.69, is that what the problem is?

Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 5th Oct 2016 at 7:59 PM
Hey,

I use both mods with 1.69 and they work fine. However, the audition mod didn't work at first, but after updating several of my other mods it all of a sudden worked. So maybe try to update the rest of your mods?
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 5th Oct 2016 at 10:50 PM
I don't know about the Audition one but use the cook with any ingredient and it works perfectly. However I'm on Windows 7 and in 1.67.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th Oct 2016 at 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epica0
Hey,

I use both mods with 1.69 and they work fine. However, the audition mod didn't work at first, but after updating several of my other mods it all of a sudden worked. So maybe try to update the rest of your mods?


What do you mean to update the rest of my mods.? Like i have the latest NRAAS MasterController and many Nraas ones, i have many that haven't been updated since long time and i got the latest version they have. what else do you mean?
Scholar
#5 Old 5th Oct 2016 at 11:48 PM
Probably ask icarus_allsorts (nicely)? They're really helpful in tracking down comflicts & figuring out problems.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 6th Oct 2016 at 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy kemnitzer
Probably ask icarus_allsorts (nicely)? They're really helpful in tracking down comflicts & figuring out problems.

I fixed it thanks!!!!!!! Well all i did is read about deleteing Caches and then it said installing mods can create problems but if you delete cache, it solves some problems. So
after installing a package for Cook with ingredients I deleted the scriptCache.package file in the main sims 3 directory and it fixed the problem.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 6th Oct 2016 at 12:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by monoTounV7
I fixed it thanks!!!!!!! Well all i did is read about deleteing Caches and then it said installing mods can create problems but if you delete cache, it solves some problems. So
after installing a package for Cook with ingredients I deleted the scriptCache.package file in the main sims 3 directory and it fixed the problem.

Whenever you install a mod or a mod update, always delete the script cache! Glad you made it work
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 6th Oct 2016 at 2:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniMimi
Whenever you install a mod or a mod update, always delete the script cache! Glad you made it work


Thanks alot. Now the only problem is I'm not getting many recepies like shown in the MOD page. I just basically have like 5 recipes inclcuding Salad, etc.
How do you get more recipes?

I added the Tuning file(i just put the tuning package file in the same package directory as the main mod)that it talks about but i'm just getting 5 basic recipes when i click the fridge. This Tuning file supposedly gives you alot more recipes. Why am i not getting them listed?
Mad Poster
#9 Old 6th Oct 2016 at 11:50 AM
What kind of cooking skill does your sim have? Sounds like they are still at Level 0. They need some practice cooking (or salad making), they can read the skill books, or take a class to improve that. More recipes come with the higher skill levels and then additional recipe books become available for use, they can be purchased at the book store. This is all base game stuff, not related to icarus' mod. What his mod does is allow you to change the ingredients you actually use when you cook a dish, not give you more dishes to work with. Where it says "cook any recipe at any time," it means any recipe your sim has actually learned any time of day so you can have breakfast foods for dinner for example, not that your sim automatically knows how to prepare more dishes.
Back to top