Replies: 60 (Who?), Viewed: 27644 times.
Page 1 of 3
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 1:19 AM
Default Favorite Color - What's it do?
It might have been answered, but my search found nothing. What is the point of choosing a favorite color? What's it do?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 1:23 AM
I'm not clear on that either.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 1:25 AM
I heard someone say that if their surroundings are that color then it does something. I'm not sure either, but I never build rooms or wardrobes around their favorite color.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 1:32 AM
A few of my Sims wear their favorite colors in their clothing -- but it doesn't seem to do anything.
Inventor
#5 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 1:52 AM
Yep, no extra moodlet for having their favorite color be on or around them.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 1:57 AM
lucky. cause my new sim child, boy, likes pink. *sigh*

~Hold tenderly that which you cherish~
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#7 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 2:00 AM
Up until quite recently (past 60 years or so), the pink/blue colour thing for boys and girls was not near like it is now. In fact, for quite a while, it was the opposite: pink was for boys, since it's a derivative of red, a passionate colour associated with blood, and blue was for girls, because of its association with the virgin mary. So your little boy can happily like pink all he wants.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 2:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HystericalParoxysm
Up until quite recently (past 60 years or so), the pink/blue colour thing for boys and girls was not near like it is now. In fact, for quite a while, it was the opposite: pink was for boys, since it's a derivative of red, a passionate colour associated with blood, and blue was for girls, because of its association with the virgin mary. So your little boy can happily like pink all he wants.
You learn something new everyday, thank you.

It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honor that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 2:19 AM
From what I have seen nothing, I have given them clothes and furniture of their favorite color, and haven't seen any benefit.

My daughter (she's 8) made her sim who's favorite color is blue, a blue house, she made everthing in it blue... walls, floors, furniture even made the lights blue, took her forever, she was very disappointed to see nothing special happened She wants me to un-blue it because she has trouble finding stuff, it all blends in LOL.

They can tell other sims what their favorite color is, but I'm not sure what the point of that is either.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 2:31 AM
Same here, nothing, I even colored the walls, floors and every aspect of furniture plus cloths, nothing.
Test Subject
#11 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 2:36 AM
It popups up when sims chat. I guess they ask each other what colors they like
Inventor
#12 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 2:36 AM
Green is the new pink...

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 8:50 AM Last edited by AnnaIME : 22nd Jun 2009 at 8:51 AM. Reason: Spelling
Both my females got everyday maternity clothes in their favourite colour. I don't know if it's coincidence though, I have only had two pregnancies.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 9:21 AM
That was probably just a coincidence b/c none of my simmies get their fav color in maternity wear.

I hear you Axe Gaijin! Somebody at EA absolutely LOVES green! It must be their fav color b/c in both TS2 and now in TS3 most of the decorations in prebuilt homes are green!
Theorist
#15 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 9:35 AM
At least we're no longer stuck with a green-only shower! Oy, I hated how they managed 129 shades of green in TS2's base game and NONE of them looked right together!

I keep wondering how many of the houses I'm looking at in TS3 were put together by people at the Creator's Camps.

I also keep wondering why it is the EA employees who decorate houses don't know anything about decorating beyond the basic color wheel rules.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 1:26 PM
I have heard an unconfirmed rumor about this. Person claimed to have two Sims living in the same house. The house was painted in the favorite color of one of the Sims. That Sim got a bigger decor (or they might have said beautiful vista) boost from being in the house.

I have not tested this myself, but I offer it for your consideration.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 5:21 PM
According to the Prima Guide the favorites of a sim (like food and color) don't do anything but provide conversation topics. The only thing that happens with their favorite music is that they listen to it on the radio and are constantly changing the channel to whatever their "favorite" is.

Aside from that, favorites are kind of useless. Which is a disappointment to me.
transmogrified
retired moderator
#18 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 6:20 PM
Not surprisingly, the Prima Guide could be wrong about that. I'm away from my game, but I am almost positive my adult Sims received a bigger mood boost when the radio was playing their favorite music (something like 30 points for any music, but 40 points for their favorite). I'll have to check again when I get home.

Meanwhile, -5 to mangaroo for an utterly useless post.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 6:33 PM
mangaroo - I would not be surprised if the Prima Guide WAS wrong. It gave a list of cheats that were totally worthless and not recognized by the game. So, it's not too off base to suggest that it gave false information.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 6:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangaroo
Not surprisingly, the Prima Guide could be wrong about that. I'm away from my game, but I am almost positive my adult Sims received a bigger mood boost when the radio was playing their favorite music (something like 30 points for any music, but 40 points for their favorite). I'll have to check again when I get home.

Meanwhile, -5 to mangaroo for an utterly useless post.


Manga (if I may call you that ), I read in the Gardening sticky thread that if you upgrade your stereo so that it can play and be heard outside and around the house, and if you play your Sim's fave music on that stereo while gardening, it does wonders for your garden That could be a purpose for favorite music.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 7:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangaroo
Not surprisingly, the Prima Guide could be wrong about that. I'm away from my game, but I am almost positive my adult Sims received a bigger mood boost when the radio was playing their favorite music (something like 30 points for any music, but 40 points for their favorite). I'll have to check again when I get home.

Meanwhile, -5 to mangaroo for an utterly useless post.


No, you're absolutely right. My Sim's favourite music is Classical and it gave her +30 mood boost. Other genres give +20. Of course, guitar music tops all that if the Sim playing it has the skill maxed (+40).

My Sim also ordered her favourite good lobster thermidor when left to her own devices. I thought that was cute.
Instructor
#22 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 7:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLynn22
According to the Prima Guide the favorites of a sim (like food and color) don't do anything but provide conversation topics. The only thing that happens with their favorite music is that they listen to it on the radio and are constantly changing the channel to whatever their "favorite" is.

Aside from that, favorites are kind of useless. Which is a disappointment to me.


That's not true for music and food. Sims get a bigger moodlet for listening to their favorite channel and they applaud before eating their favorite food. I don't remember if they get a moodlet for that too or not.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 9:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alyria80
That's not true for music and food. Sims get a bigger moodlet for listening to their favorite channel and they applaud before eating their favorite food. I don't remember if they get a moodlet for that too or not.


I wind up getting the "cook SimName 's favorite food" want a whole bunch on my natural chef sim.

Haven't noticed any discreet moodlet for favorite food for the one eating it, maybe the good/great meal moodlet gets upgraded like the music one? I'll have to check this out.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid Nitzerglobin
I wind up getting the "cook SimName 's favorite food" want a whole bunch on my natural chef sim.


How do you even know what their favorite food is if you don't control them? Do you just have to stare at the conversation bubbles while they chat?



Also, I think it's totally pointless there's "Aqua" and "Turquoise", they look almost identical.
Test Subject
#25 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavenzdvl987

Also, I think it's totally pointless there's "Aqua" and "Turquoise", they look almost identical.



Mmhmm ... there are two greens that are almost identical as well.
Page 1 of 3
Back to top