Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Jan 2010 at 9:55 AM
Default most wanted pets for sims 3 pets expansion
Hi, I was wondering what pets you would like to see in
Sims 3 Pets? (real or mythcal). I know they will release a Sims 3 pets expansion pack. For me personally I would like to see lots more pets than they did on Sims 2 (only four which is too low). I think 10 pets (Dogs, Cats, Birds, Fish, Mice, Rabbits, Frogs, Lizards, Turtles and Rocks) and some mythcal pets. Plus say what actions you could do with it. So name the pets you would like to see (even if I have listed them) and
what there actions are.
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 31st Jan 2010 at 9:58 AM
We're only getting cats and dogs and maybe some decorative pets like womrats - there's apparently stuff for cat/kitten and dog/puppy already in the game, as there was in TS2 from the very start.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 31st Jan 2010 at 10:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by 4257will
Hi, I was wondering what pets you would like to see in
Sims 3 Pets?

None! Unleashed was my least favorite EP in Sims and although I own Pets, it's the only EP/SP for S2 that I don't have installed.

Sorry, but you asked.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
There is no limit to what you can accomplish when you're supposed to be doing something else.
Instructor
#4 Old 31st Jan 2010 at 12:40 PM
I have to agree a bit with GiveTheNineARide, pets was fun at first but after a while I just stoped giving my families dogs/cats because they got annoying. I did enjoy the freedom to add a dog/cat when I wanted to but I hated it when random mean dogs would walk up to the house and bark.

I liked the bird/womrat cage because it was simple and I really miss big fish aquariums like we had in the Sims 2. Fish bowls are cute, but sometimes it doesn't cut it. There should be an aquarium that holds 5/10/15 fish... It would make the "perfect aquarium" wish easier to manage and better looking in a room. Having 13 fish bowls sitting around looked weird.

I hope they add more decorative pets like: bunnies, lizards, snakes. They could just make a womrat with two large ears for a bunny and a terrarium that is identical to an aquarium just without the water.... Imagine putting your frogs/crocs that your sims catch in a terrarium!.... Imagine feeding your frogs the bugs that you catch! hahahaha oh the possibilities are endless, but the question is, will they be explored?

Late dawns and early sunsets just like my favorite scenes
Then holding hands and life was perfect just like up on the screen
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 31st Jan 2010 at 3:11 PM
Bigger fish tanks would be cool. Since u can catch them and put them in the tanks. I would love to have more toy dogs. Like shih tzu and stuff. Snakes and lizards would be cool too. I would love a hamster cage with all the tubes and stuff!
Forum Resident
#6 Old 31st Jan 2010 at 3:16 PM
I'd love horses, and of course dogs and cats. Maybe rabbits and you could have little hutches outside.
Theorist
#7 Old 31st Jan 2010 at 3:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lauralynn
I hope they add more decorative pets like: bunnies, lizards, snakes. They could just make a womrat with two large ears for a bunny and a terrarium that is identical to an aquarium just without the water.... Imagine putting your frogs/crocs that your sims catch in a terrarium!.... Imagine feeding your frogs the bugs that you catch! hahahaha oh the possibilities are endless, but the question is, will they be explored?

I stopped adding cats and dogs to my households in TS2 after a while too. I prefer the easier decorative pets, and I'd like to see more of them, but those kinds of pets don't really warrant their own pets EP if you know what I mean. I love the idea of a terrarium though!

But if I could pick any animal, I'd pick sheep. Or maybe chickens; they could lay eggs for our sims. No more buying eggs at the grocery store!

"Your life was a liner I voyaged in."
Banned
#8 Old 31st Jan 2010 at 3:56 PM
Reasonable animals. Dogs, cats, perhaps special reward pets like wolves and ocelots, birds, more interactive fish, turtles, lizards.

People always want stuff like sheep or horses or rabbits but I must be the only person in the world who imagines that and sees it as being completely out of place.
Instructor
#9 Old 31st Jan 2010 at 4:10 PM
If they do add pets, then they must pass two requirements:

They must make them so we don't have to rely on HP to make them no look like furry pudding. That would be a huge turn-off. People that look like pudding is okay. Pets that look like hairy pudding is not.

They must also make their generic furry creature have a realistically sized cage (perhaps even multiple different types of cages) and not look hideous. The TS2 Womrat in no way captures the draw of a Guinea Pig or Hamster (what some would refer to as "cuteness") that instills maternal or paternal feelings in unsuspecting humans. If they include those, they must include a separate amalgamation for rats and mice, because those should not be combined into the other one, and because they must put a joke involving the number 42 in with them.

Also, instead of "big dog or little dog" I would like to see a "size slider" for them. After all, there are dogs which happen to be intermediate in size.

Claeric: You're not the only one. Well, except for rabbits. My sister's had a rabbit. Then when we had a heatwave it died, and my dad had the non-sense to throw it away instead of burying it.
I could only imagine a horse as being perhaps a pony that extremely rich sims could give to their daughters, making them the envy of the neighborhood.
Sheep are only in-place if they are not made like the other pets, and instead are mindless NPCs that could be harvested for mutton and wool. In that respect, though, they would need pigs and cattle as well, and they wouldn't do that, they'd lose their frivolous award that the PETAs gave them.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 31st Jan 2010 at 4:17 PM
Cats, of course, but bunnies would be cool too. They make great house pets, and they're quiet

A larger aquarium for multiple fish would be great. I pretty much gave up on fish because of all the small aquariums... I ran out places to put them.

My cat taught me how to fetch. I throw the toy, she shows me where it landed, and I fetch it.
Theorist
#11 Old 31st Jan 2010 at 4:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Claeric
Reasonable animals. Dogs, cats, perhaps special reward pets like wolves and ocelots, birds, more interactive fish, turtles, lizards.

People always want stuff like sheep or horses or rabbits but I must be the only person in the world who imagines that and sees it as being completely out of place.

It was a joke. I am perfectly aware that EA will not be putting sheep into the game.

"Your life was a liner I voyaged in."
Scholar
#12 Old 31st Jan 2010 at 4:27 PM
Chinchilla. LLama. AIBO.
Forum Resident
#13 Old 31st Jan 2010 at 5:22 PM
I dunno, since I've never played a Pets expansion from any of the predecessors. They do LOOK like fun though. It would be cool if you had birds you could teach Simlish--or even better, some of the WA songs!
#14 Old 31st Jan 2010 at 5:30 PM
I'd like a guinea pig, cats that can be recolored, a tarantula that can be deadly (which would give sims a reason to visit the Hospital) and a chihuahua for a Paris Hilton sim. Would be neat to carry it in a purse just like how sims can take toddlers and bears with them.

A wolf would be cool. It could turn its victims into werewolves and pick fights with Edward Cullen.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 31st Jan 2010 at 5:31 PM
PET RATS! Defo.
Test Subject
#16 Old 31st Jan 2010 at 6:00 PM
HORSES even if you can only do one or two interactions with them.
Dogs & Cats (obviously)
Chinchillas
Fish
Lizard

I really hope they add farm animals (sheep, cows & pigs) even if only for decoration! it would make "hood" views far more realistic
Field Researcher
#17 Old 31st Jan 2010 at 6:04 PM
Dogs, cattle, and deer (for the wilderness if that's possible)

I live in the sticks so I see plenty of all 3 It'd be nice if I could see them in the Sims 3 too.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 31st Jan 2010 at 6:09 PM
Horses and Ferrets. Also cats obviously. Because my husband and I have 2 ferrets and a cat and having goldfish in sims 3, named Blinky, Is cute but empty.

I also miss iguanas from TS1. They were pretty cool to have around even if they croaked fast XD
Retired
retired moderator
#19 Old 31st Jan 2010 at 6:22 PM
Velociraptors (sp?) or DO NOT WANT.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Test Subject
#20 Old 31st Jan 2010 at 6:24 PM
I think pet monkeys would be cool. :D
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 31st Jan 2010 at 6:38 PM
I only vaguely remember the iguanas, but not from the PC game...Or at least I think I do.
Test Subject
#22 Old 31st Jan 2010 at 6:47 PM
Kyle - i don't remember them from TS1 :-s
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 31st Jan 2010 at 7:36 PM
Robot cats.

Oh, fine, I suppose regular cats would be nice too. But robot cats would be AWESOME.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 31st Jan 2010 at 7:42 PM
I agree that more of the smaller animals would be nice, and add more realism to the game. But it would be nice to have stranger animals too, that not very many people own as pets. I think The Sims 2 Pets failed in this aspect.. there wasn't enough choice, and there weren't enough "quirky" animals. The dragon from Making Magic was a pretty fun pet, in my opinion, and more entertaining to have than the cats and dogs.
One of the things that bothered me, though, was that when all your sims were asleep except for your pet, the game would not automatically go into ultra speed. Seeing as I had very limited control over the pet anyway, and couldn't direct it to do a lot of things, I would have appreciated the auto ultra speed.
Anyways, back on topic.. I'd really like to see farm animals! I know some people think that would be out of place, but I always make at least one "farm lot" in my game, and it'd be nice to have some farm animals to go with all the crops. Especially cows and horses.
Oh, I'd like to see llamas, too, just because that's something I've come to associate with the Sims.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 31st Jan 2010 at 7:44 PM
I want regular cats and dogs.
And farm animals, like horses, cows, pigs, and chickens.

I guess this is kinda off topic, but I would like zoos too
Page 1 of 10