Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#2301 Old 23rd Jul 2020 at 6:03 AM Last edited by jotaerre : 23rd Jul 2020 at 6:22 PM.
After several weeks looking into hundreds of backup DVDs, my favorite cop (Honda Today) is back to my game, and along him, my 2 fave police officers (guess their names) and a lot of homemade CC. (cars, paintings, sculptures, clothing recolors and more)

From now on I'm just a lurker, the sad truth about the Orwellian status of the sims community is not "off-topic" neither is "politics".
Check part of my current (non sims) creations at my J.R.'s Angels page
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2302 Old 24th Jul 2020 at 3:46 PM
I loved Vidcund's baby's face. The curious quads. A toddler that WANTS that toy! A deformed pregnancy bunp; hope nobody thinks their should be a "blur" --there is nothing to censor!
Screenshots

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Field Researcher
#2303 Old 26th Jul 2020 at 3:15 AM Last edited by jotaerre : 27th Jul 2020 at 11:08 PM. Reason: Grammar and typos
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
I loved Vidcund's baby's face. The curious quads. A toddler that WANTS that toy! A deformed pregnancy bunp; hope nobody thinks their should be a "blur" --there is nothing to censor!

@grammapat loves the quads' picture, sad it's too small.

This one got unused in a beta test I was doing for a fellow MTS member:

A couple more of beautiful cops, my flower girl Hanako as police officer and my Venezuelan police car, (sculpture version) unlike my minipato (Honda Today in my previous post to this thread) that never was available, this one had a drive-able version in my section at Back Alley Sims and also at VovilliaCorp since it was a join project, I did the remeshing/UVmapping, added the light-bar, fixed some non assigned bones and did this first humble texture, and Stephanrou from VovilliaCorp did several police recolors based on European police forces and NYPD.

I'm missing BAS as it used to be my home in the sims community, now I'm a homeless old simmer.

From now on I'm just a lurker, the sad truth about the Orwellian status of the sims community is not "off-topic" neither is "politics".
Mad Poster
#2304 Old 26th Jul 2020 at 2:34 PM
Jotaerre: Thanks for you comment. My pics are small because I use the simple "go advanced", rather than another hosting site.

Lab Assistant
#2305 Old 26th Jul 2020 at 5:10 PM

One would think think that the nice head witch would have a cute familiar, but noooo.
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#2306 Old 28th Jul 2020 at 5:19 PM
Mr. Humble traps himself with his own gift.

"I present to you—this fight cloud!"

That face screams, "Yes! Yes!! I'll blow an entire month's worth of pay to buy this Noodlesoother!"

Already thinking of being a dad, kiddo?

Mad Poster
#2307 Old 28th Jul 2020 at 7:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sechmet-The-Lazy-Cat

One would think think that the nice head witch would have a cute familiar, but noooo.

====
That's no Familiar! That's a giant white slug with lipstick.

Test Subject
#2308 Old 1st Aug 2020 at 2:58 AM
That's one way to dole out justice, I guess.

Screenshots
#2309 Old 4th Aug 2020 at 10:12 AM Last edited by WatermelonSandal : 4th Aug 2020 at 3:50 PM.
I thought about switching up the backdrop that I use for my Sim portraits, but can't decide which one I should use. One is another beach shot, the other is a grassy field.

Or I thought I could use a picture that's more 'leafy', as in more background foliage. (Really starting to take a shine to this one)
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#2310 Old 4th Aug 2020 at 10:07 PM Last edited by jotaerre : 4th Aug 2020 at 11:28 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by WatermelonSandal
I thought about switching up the backdrop that I use for my Sim portraits, but can't decide which one I should use. One is another beach shot, the other is a grassy field.
Or I thought I could use a picture that's more 'leafy', as in more background foliage. (Really starting to take a shine to this one)

@WatermelonSandal I'd keep all 3 and use them depending on what I want to showcase, for example the boy looks very good with the leafy background, if you lit him just a bit more, he will jump to beholder's eyes, the girl looks great with the beach background, but if you switch their backdrops, none of them will be highlighted by the background, on the other hand, the forest one looks well balanced to me and well used, it could be a good "all purpose" backdrop.

Well this thread was done for sharing pics, then I should post someones to keep it going.

It seems Hikki and J.R., my ambassadors in "Old Town" are paying a visit to the Newbie family in a bad moment, when Bob is at work and Betty is busy, trying to get some bucks with a brush and an easel.

The funniest part are not my visitors funny shirts, it comes when Betty decides to stop painting and greet her visitors...

....つづく

#2311 Old 5th Aug 2020 at 3:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jotaerre
@WatermelonSandal I'd keep all 3 and use them depending on what I want to showcase, for example the boy looks very good with the leafy background, if you lit him just a bit more, he will jump to beholder's eyes, the girl looks great with the beach background, but if you switch their backdrops, none of them will be highlighted by the background, on the other hand, the forest one looks well balanced to me and well used, it could be a good "all purpose" backdrop.

Thanks for your feedback. I might do that, but my main goal is to have a backdrop that I use for all of my Sims portraits for a few months, then to change it again. I played around with the leafy one and brightened it up a bit.

It seems to work okay even behind Sims with darker hair.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#2312 Old 5th Aug 2020 at 9:33 PM
Preg guy is wearing an engagement ring - but he broke up with her! Maid runs into a guy trying to go up stairs...looks like her hands are...somewhere just wrong. And death through a window...
Screenshots

#2313 Old 6th Aug 2020 at 3:08 PM
Helloooo what's this on Maxis' bamboo?
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#2314 Old 6th Aug 2020 at 6:36 PM
Jay and Tracy Hobbs getting up for the second day of the fall of 1841 in Dodge.What happened to their bed?
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#2315 Old 6th Aug 2020 at 7:15 PM
Playing The Sims 2: Expectation VS Reality
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#2316 Old 9th Aug 2020 at 9:39 PM
A couple of weeks ago I downloaded Sunset Valley for the Sims 2. I love the way the creators made it, everything looks exactly the same like the Sims 3. It is an amazing work! I was only a little disappointed by the sims because the sims 3 traits can't all be represented by the sims 2 personality points (For example, Thorton Wolff can't be a "bad guy" in the sims 2 because he can't have "commitment issues" or "hate children"!) but I kind of expected that.
I started with the Keaton family because Justine starts the game pregnant. When I play the Sims 3, I always have a love-and-hate relationship with Marty Keaton (I call him "Master Cheater"). During one of my first games back in the day, I had a female sim who was in a relationship with him because I didn't know that he was married. When I saw the option to ask him to "break up with Justine", my sim never called him again and she married Leighton Sekemoto. Marty Keaton found her in town, he slapped her twice and... accused her of cheating Sims (sigh)...

In the Sims 2, Marty is his... usual self
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#2317 Old 9th Aug 2020 at 10:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by natbsim75
A couple of weeks ago I downloaded Sunset Valley for the Sims 2. I love the way the creators made it, everything looks exactly the same like the Sims 3. It is an amazing work! I was only a little disappointed by the sims because the sims 3 traits can't all be represented by the sims 2 personality points (For example, Thorton Wolff can't be a "bad guy" in the sims 2 because he can't have "commitment issues" or "hate children"!) but I kind of expected that.

Thanks to the amazing Sims 2 modding community, you CAN have traits for your TS2 sims now! Download the traits at the link below. That page should also have links to mods which use those traits. (Some traits may not have any mods for them yet.)
https://hexagonal-bipyramid.tumblr.com/traitsProject

Quote: Originally posted by WatermelonSandal
Helloooo what's this on Maxis' bamboo?

Simsample made a mod which fixes that texture problem.
https://modthesims.info/d/613530/no...exture-fix.html
Field Researcher
#2318 Old 11th Aug 2020 at 2:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
Simsample made a mod which fixes that texture problem.
https://modthesims.info/d/613530/no...exture-fix.html

@RoxEllen1965 I forgot I had that mod or something like some time ago, thank you for reminding it.
Nabbing again!

#2319 Old 12th Aug 2020 at 10:50 AM
Oh my where do all these Sims keep coming from? Lol

One thing that's fair to say is that I make a lot of Sims, not as many Simettes. Maybe it's influenced by the fact that the site has 697 Male Other Sims for TS2, compared to 2005 Female Other Sims, maybe not. Truthfully I've got a lot of male Sims in the works, but I try to make some female ones just to even things out. L-R:

Jamie: Shown him before, remade him a couple of times to get the facial structure I wanted. Adult now instead of a young adult.
Hayley: A bookworm who's quiet most of the time but fierce when the moment calls for it.
Kellie: Like to be honest but sometimes ends up speaking her mind and upsetting someone. Has a custom recolour of a Maxis BG top.
Juliana: An artistic girl from the town of Albufeira, Portugal, who left to find peace away from the tourists. Has a custom recolour of a Maxis BG top that I originally made for Ella.
Dmitri: (Might change his name later not sure) He looks like an ordinary guy but he's been through a lot. Uses a hair I liked the look of . Might change his outfit later.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#2320 Old 12th Aug 2020 at 12:52 PM
Hal Capp missed little Ariel's birthday because he was at work (Military career). The first thing he did the moment he returned home was to go to her room but she was already asleep. I confess that his creepy smile (photo 1) scared me a little at first but then he proceeded to do that (photo 2). Damn it, Hal, I almost
(I'm pretty sure Hal is going to be an overprotective-no nonsense-don't you ever mess with my sisters- kind of guy, I :lovestruc you Hal!).
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#2321 Old 12th Aug 2020 at 7:36 PM
Gen.Grunt was engaged to Erin Beaker, and suddenly realized that toddler Kim was the child of his dead son Ripp, so he was engaged to his son's girlfriend. How did that make HER cheating on HIM? True to his nasty nature, he slapped around his fiance - now pregnant with HIS baby!
Screenshots

Field Researcher
#2322 Old 13th Aug 2020 at 5:57 AM
Weird!

Wearing footwear in a tatami, more than weird, I find it very rude.

Screenshots

Inventor
#2323 Old 23rd Aug 2020 at 9:01 PM
I couldn't help but laugh at this. This Charlatan showed up and he just kept moping around like this anytime he wasn't doing his usual idles .

Screenshots
Mad Poster
#2324 Old 27th Aug 2020 at 12:55 AM
She got a pregnant "bump" and her pretty long dress ripped apart..
Screenshots

Field Researcher
#2325 Old 27th Aug 2020 at 1:43 AM
This is what happens when a simple guy walks into a lot full of gorgeous ladies.

Page 93 of 120