Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#2326 Old 29th Aug 2020 at 10:41 AM

I know these old Veronaville houses do tend to lack modern amenities, and the residents put up with this lack for the charm of living there. But this looks positively dangerous! Newly hired nanny Heidi Ajjanagadde seems to have spotted the danger: Peregrine McBain has it in his queue that she's going to pick him up.

This is 84 Via Veronaville where the McBains live. They've lived there for years, but I've never spotted the lack of a railing at the top of the stairs till now. I wish my Sims would tell me when there are hazards like this in their houses. But I suppose that's a feeble excuse. I should check their houses and find these things. It's part of my duty of care to them. Now that I've spotted the problem, I'll put in a railing -- conservation area or not. The safety of my Sims is paramount.

This reminds me of a real life incident some years ago. I had been asked to help an 11-year old boy with his model railway. It was in an attic, which also served as his bedroom. Access to the attic was by a stepladder through a hole in the floor. There was no railing round the hole, nor a hatch cover over it. I really couldn't relax in the room for fear that, if I took a step back, I'd fall down the hole.
"It's just as well you don't sleepwalk, " I said to the boy.
"I do," he said.
"Then it's good you haven't fallen down the hole," I said, a bit shocked.
"Only twice," he said.
All of which makes me think that our Sims really aren't such bad parents as we may sometimes imagine.
Screenshots

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2327 Old 29th Aug 2020 at 6:35 PM
Why the scowl, Faith?

Life is such a drag...

"Ah, cool! I got this weird fish net thingy!"

The Sims 2 running almost flawlessly on Parallels Desktop on a Mac.

Inventor
#2328 Old 30th Aug 2020 at 4:47 AM
How did Maxis overlook this mesh mess? Looks really painful.
Screenshots

Check out my profile for homes and community lots ready for download: My Homes and Stuff
Mad Poster
#2329 Old 30th Aug 2020 at 11:17 AM
What on Simearth is he/she/it/they/??? doing?

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Mad Poster
#2330 Old 30th Aug 2020 at 1:35 PM Last edited by RoxEllen1965 : 31st Aug 2020 at 12:47 PM. Reason: fixed wrong info
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
What on Simearth is he/she/it/they/??? doing?

I think that's a gesture sims make when they freestyle. During part of the animation loop, the sim will briefly raise one hand with the thumb index and pinky fingers extended.
Inventor
#2331 Old 30th Aug 2020 at 5:55 PM
They also do this hand gesture while listening to their MP3 player.

Check out my profile for homes and community lots ready for download: My Homes and Stuff
Mad Poster
#2332 Old 30th Aug 2020 at 7:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
I think that's a gesture sims make when they freestyle. During part of the animation loop, the sim will briefly raise one hand with the thumb and pinky finger extended.

Quote: Originally posted by kamoodle5
They also do this hand gesture while listening to their MP3 player.

Oh! It's their hand! I thought it was their whole body. No wonder I'm confused.

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Inventor
#2333 Old 30th Aug 2020 at 9:31 PM
Here's some more strange photos. Somehow the reflection of the sea was causing items within this community lot to appear upside-down, even though this body of water was across the street.
Screenshots

Mad Poster
#2334 Old 3rd Sep 2020 at 3:03 PM
Hernia (uh, tha's HerMia.. and there is another Lady who I always see as Vigina)... anyway...Hermia is shocked that her brother Tybald has a daughter
Screenshots

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2335 Old 3rd Sep 2020 at 10:40 PM
I've been playing my old neighbourhood, Lacuna Delta, for the first time in well over a year. I had forgotten all about the sims I created, and the places and buildings and scenarios, so I have been having fun meeting them all over again. Sometimes I wonder what was going through my head when I made it!

Inventor
#2336 Old 8th Sep 2020 at 9:54 PM
When a spectral assistant is able to trim a hedge through the wall, anything is possible.
Screenshots

Field Researcher
#2337 Old 9th Sep 2020 at 2:21 AM
@simsample, loves how Bertha Bigguns and your selfsim looks in your pics, gorgeous sims! :lovestruc
@kamoodle5 Bonehilda? nice and funny pic!

No more pics from me from now on, sorry, I gave up.

From now on I'm just a lurker, the sad truth about the Orwellian status of the sims community is not "off-topic" neither is "politics".
Check part of my current (non sims) creations at my J.R.'s Angels page
Inventor
#2338 Old 9th Sep 2020 at 4:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jotaerre
@kamoodle5 Bonehilda? nice and funny pic!

Sure is! She pulls off well on her chores, then she likes playing the piano after she's done. Of course she still has a male voice.

Inventor
#2339 Old 17th Sep 2020 at 3:11 AM
The mysterious pteradactyl has returned! When I loaded back into this apartment complex, the dinosaur decided to land on the computer desk. Can't interact with it in any way, but at least I can still put an object on that side of the desk, like another pteradactyl.
Screenshots

Lab Assistant
#2340 Old 17th Sep 2020 at 7:02 PM
Wtf are you doing bro?

Yeah, I don't know what the hell is going on in this weird party

Incoming: a bunch of bugs
Test Subject
#2341 Old 20th Sep 2020 at 5:55 AM
I'm into ancient Mediterranean architecture and decoration as of now .. everything is Maxis .. no custom content ..

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2342 Old 20th Sep 2020 at 10:14 PM
I took my Uni students to the beach. Yay!

And then, it rained.
Lab Assistant
#2343 Old 21st Sep 2020 at 6:24 PM
I wonder what the hell is going on with her back.

Am I the only one who thinks John Mole looks like Keanu Reeves? Specifically Neo from Matrix.

Anti-gravity swinging!

Ah yes, the old trick.

I don't know why but my sim Waylon just swapped bodies with his daughter in law and his face just became some weird clay, animal fur or whatever that is.

Mad Poster
#2344 Old 22nd Sep 2020 at 7:04 PM
@Simsample -Great idea taking them to the beach though it's time they headed back home once it starts raining.I did that once with a family and sent them home when it decided to rain.
Here's two pictures of my dulpex townhouse complex showing both levels.
Screenshots
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2345 Old 22nd Sep 2020 at 7:33 PM
@crazyangrysim974 I rather like Waylon's new look! Have you managed to get him back to normal yet?

@TadOlson Wow,that's a great duplex house! How many sims will live there? It looks like they are very well equipped!
Mad Poster
#2346 Old 23rd Sep 2020 at 6:58 AM
@Simsample -It's actually an apartment zoned lot I built at one time more than ten years ago and I was updating it again.It's got rental units for two households to live there and each is loaded as it's own family.It's renting for 600-750$ each week with my halved rent hack installed.It's one of my subsidized housing complexes for poor sims having hard times.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2347 Old 23rd Sep 2020 at 6:29 PM Last edited by simsample : 23rd Sep 2020 at 10:58 PM.
Wow, your sims must be rich, @TadOlson !

Witch over Lacuna D:

A very civilised grilled-cheese supper at the Sample house.

Edited to add: @TadOlson How do the eco items (wind turbine and solar panels) work on apartment buildings? I'm sure I've built apartments with them in the past, but it eludes my memory whether all sims on the lot get a rebate/ repayment, or just the ones who have an apartment with theitems in their perimiter.
Mad Poster
#2348 Old 24th Sep 2020 at 6:31 AM
@Simsample -My sims wouldn't get rich from living in a subsidized rental though it would make them more financially stable and could allow single parents with toddlers to take care of the child without having to take a job and leave the child in substandard care.The green energy sources aren't in any specific unit so the rebate will be about a 10000$ check each Tuesday or Thursday in the household you're playing at that time and the same happens with the other family when you switch to them if another family has moved in which is only going to happen if I moved a household in manually.I use Mods to stop the npc neighbors being moved in at random.Each family gets their turn at rebates when I play them on the days the bills are dropped of in the mail only to get rebates instead.Rich families would have over a million in cash saved up not counting any property or object values.I took so long to get back because my hard drive was being defragmented and it took about 24 hours or more counting the times I paused to hibernate my computer for sleep.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2349 Old 24th Sep 2020 at 9:47 PM
@TadOlson Thanks! It's a long time since I built apartments and I couldn't remember what I did. I've built some shipping container apartments and thought the solar panels would look cool.
Lab Assistant
#2350 Old 26th Sep 2020 at 2:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
@crazyangrysim974 I rather like Waylon's new look! Have you managed to get him back to normal yet?!

Hahaha yes! Pretty simple, I just went in the free camera mod and shook the camera around, it fixes most of these visual bugs quickly.

Also a couple more:

These bus drivers are something else.

Ah yes, I love turning into a shadow with a grass hair.

At my Annie's wedding party (the one peeing herself), I decided to keep the house locked so no one would go in. The wedding party went very well fortunately but some sims couldn't stay until the end because they were in an urge to use the bathroom! Annie's spouse also peed herself during the party aswell, but Trish (the alien sim behind) managed to hold her bladder and didn't cause another accident.

And also, a couple of pictures from the wedding party.

She gained a bad memory due to her being a romance sim even though both are mad for each other fortunately (darn EAxis with their weird hectics, both even reached 3 thunderbolts once!).

And also for some reason, instead of "Julie" or "Annie" in the "joined union" memory, for some sims this random sim showed up even though none of them has ever seen this Storm Miller before, go figure. I decided to look this sim up and apparently it's an actual sim residing in Desiderata Valley?! (these sims in the picture reside in Desiderata Valley btw)

And to end this post, Julie doing the romantic walk.
Page 94 of 121