Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Apr 2013 at 12:59 PM Last edited by chreai : 28th Apr 2013 at 10:06 PM.
Free Simpoints!!!!!!!!!
Guys, guys, guys!!! Check out what I just discovered! If you go to the Sims 3 Store page, there is currently a button on the left side panel that says "Get Bonus Simpoints! Compliments of Our Sponsor". Click on it!!! All you have to do is watch a short commercial and when you click "Continue", 10 Simpoints will be added to your current balance. THIS IS REPEATABLE!! I don't know if there is a cut-off for how many times you can do it, as so far I've only done it twice. But I just wanted to let you all know: FREE SIMPOINTS!!!!! YAY!!!

*celebrates Sims-style with horns and noisemakers*

Update: Okay, so I kept doing it to see if there was a cut-off and it let me do it a total of five times before the button disappeared. Still, YAY! 50 free Simpoints!

Edit: For those who may be having trouble seeing the button, try changing your location to US. As some commenters below have stated, it may only be available in the States.

My TS3 Sims, patterns & recolors

Check out my Simblr! (TS3-focused, sometimes NSFW)
♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 28th Apr 2013 at 1:32 PM
Hmm, just the States I guess since I can't see it. =(
Instructor
#3 Old 28th Apr 2013 at 1:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Alma70
Hmm, just the States I guess since I can't see it. =(

I'm thinking it may be select users. I'm in the states, and I can't see it either.

It was worth checking out though!
Instructor
#4 Old 28th Apr 2013 at 2:43 PM
I got them. Thanks for the heads up, chreai.

At least it was a Charmin toilet paper commericial I had to watch over and over again. I'm a fan.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 28th Apr 2013 at 4:22 PM
I checked a few times yesterday, but then it finally showed up at 1 am Central.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
One Minute Ninja'd
#6 Old 28th Apr 2013 at 4:31 PM
So at 10 Simpoints per commercial, I'd only have to watch a commercial about Charmin about 200 times to get a free world? What to do, what to do............................
Instructor
#7 Old 28th Apr 2013 at 5:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
So at 10 Simpoints per commercial, I'd only have to watch a commercial about Charmin about 200 times to get a free world? What to do, what to do............................

It only works five times, I think - as the OP edited.

It's too bad, though. CG bears and Toliet paper = love. :lovestruc
Instructor
#8 Old 28th Apr 2013 at 6:07 PM
Gah! It's the dirty butt bears? Maybe I'm glad it didn't show up.

The horror when you realize a cute cartoon is showing you toilet paper lint between their cheeks...
Mad Poster
#9 Old 28th Apr 2013 at 6:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gnomequeen

The horror when you realize a cute cartoon is showing you toilet paper lint between their cheeks...

Eww! Do they really? I've never actually watched their commercials. I got a Charmin, McDonalds, and a Gain commercial from this, but I didn't watch them. I managed to magically be elsewhere until it was time to hit the 'continue' button.

Instructor
#10 Old 28th Apr 2013 at 6:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ~MadameButterfly~
Eww! Do they really? I've never actually watched their commercials. I got a Charmin, McDonalds, and a Gain commercial from this, but I didn't watch them. I managed to magically be elsewhere until it was time to hit the 'continue' button.

I'm not sure if it's shown in this particular instance, but they used to show them on TV a lot. One commercial had the baby bear showing off all the tp lint stuck to his bottom after using the wrong brand. I still remember the look of horror on my mom's face when she asked, "Did that thing just show us his crack lint?"
Instructor
#11 Old 28th Apr 2013 at 6:40 PM
I must of missed it becuse I don't see the button or am I just blind?
Theorist
#12 Old 28th Apr 2013 at 9:00 PM
I'm in Canada, but I have the website language set to US and I can see the commercials. Woo!
Instructor
#13 Old 28th Apr 2013 at 9:10 PM
how is it that everyone else is seeing this button and not me what am I doing wrong?
Field Researcher
#14 Old 28th Apr 2013 at 9:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gnomequeen

I thought i was the only person who thought the idea of a furry butted animal was a BAAAAD idea for toilet paper representation. I am glad to see someone else understands this horror! So gross. I hate those commercials.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 29th Apr 2013 at 1:00 AM
I didn't see any button. I even tried turning off my adblock and still couldn't find it. Oh well, what could I possibly buy with just 50 simpoints anyway?
Instructor
#16 Old 29th Apr 2013 at 1:43 PM
I guess for some reason it doesn't show on some pages/areas. If you are having issues I would, A) Make sure you're logged in. B) Click on the Store tab. C) It's gone from my page now but it was on the left just above the 'On Sale Now!' 'Buy Simpoints' or 'Gift Simpoints' tabs.

Like I said, I don't know if there are stipulations, but you can keep trying.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 29th Apr 2013 at 1:47 PM
I was able to do it again and pick up another 50 points, but this time around 2 am.

One Minute Ninja'd
#18 Old 29th Apr 2013 at 10:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ~MadameButterfly~
I was able to do it again and pick up another 50 points, but this time around 2 am.

And when you woke up this morning, did you feel oddly compelled to restock your toilet tissue shelf?
Theorist
#19 Old 30th Apr 2013 at 12:00 AM
I'm in the states and I don't see this button to get free simpoints.

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Mad Poster
#20 Old 30th Apr 2013 at 12:05 AM
Can somebody screenshot this button that we're supposed to be looking for?
Test Subject
#21 Old 30th Apr 2013 at 12:46 AM
Here is the screenshot;

You have to be logged in and click the 'store' tab.
Forum Resident
#22 Old 30th Apr 2013 at 12:48 AM

Lol... paying for a world.
What has the world come to.

There was once a time when you could make worlds yourself...

THE SIMS 2!
Mad Poster
#23 Old 30th Apr 2013 at 1:58 AM
And when you woke up this morning, did you feel oddly compelled to restock your toilet tissue shelf?

I think I felt more compelled to shoot down the sun. I planned to sleep in after staying up all night hitting refresh for a few measley simpoints. But could I? Noooo, because it was a sunshiny happy day full of teddy bears and unicorns which all decided to stream straight into my window!

/end sleep deprivation rant

I'm ok now. *eye twitch* I've had a nap.

Mad Poster
#24 Old 30th Apr 2013 at 2:08 AM
sooooooooo....I just got 10 simpoints for listening to a pasta sauce commercial. Is EA really getting that desperate :P

And it really is repeatable! Did they bump their heads!?
Instructor
#25 Old 30th Apr 2013 at 2:19 AM
Thanks for the ss, ElenoreMari. I was just about to give up because now I was certain that I wasn't overlooking it, and when I refreshed, there it was.
Page 1 of 2