Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jun 2013 at 10:00 AM
Default No resorts in World Adventure vacation destination
Hi everybody

I've started playing Island Paradise and like it a lot. But there is on thing that really bothers me: you can't build or transfer resorts in the Worls Adventure neighbourhoods (Al Simhara, Champs le Sims & Shang Simla).

I was really looking forward to being able to give my sims a proper vacation and now it isn't possible.

Does anyone have a solution via cheats/hacks/mods for it or is wishing for one as much as I do?
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 28th Jun 2013 at 11:47 AM
I thought I heard we can place resorts in subhood. We can visit and check in, but we just can't own it. Never tried it myself yet, though.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 28th Jun 2013 at 2:43 PM
^You can't do that either. You can build a lot looks like a resort, but you cannot build an actual resort. I'd be great if the game asked if you wanted to check into a resort or base camp, but you know, EPs are partitioned. Speaking of Base Camps, Base Camps are structured better than Resorts, as Base Camps are all rooms, not Rabbit Holes.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Inventor
#4 Old 28th Jun 2013 at 4:36 PM
I did not know that it could not be done, so I built one anyway. Sorry.

Actually. I built two, both in France. The first one was a nice typical cheap French hotel but when I saved it the game told me that it was closed because I forgot to add a tower (true). I'd have to pull down half of it for that blasted tower so I decided to save it to the library (hoping that some modder will come up with the tower rug; if not I can still use it in some other capacity), bulldozed the one in game and quickly built the second one. This one consists of the cheapest tower possible, the check-in and the food counters (both in a simple box with two doors and some windows) and nothing else. It functions perfectly.

Of course, Sims still arrive to the base camp but then they can check in the hotel - given the state the (French) base camp is in after two nights this still seems the better alternative to me.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 28th Jun 2013 at 4:43 PM
When have any two expansions had anything to do with each other?

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 28th Jun 2013 at 4:48 PM Last edited by JohanFoppa : 28th Jun 2013 at 5:28 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by zigersimmer
When have any two expansions had anything to do with each other?
LN and ST (vampires) are the only two EPs I can think of that had any kind of connection.

There will probably be a mod to fix this. Just wait.
One Minute Ninja'd
#7 Old 28th Jun 2013 at 4:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pico22
I did not know that it could not be done, so I built one anyway. Sorry.

Actually. I built two, both in France. The first one was a nice typical cheap French hotel but when I saved it the game told me that it was closed because I forgot to add a tower (true). I'd have to pull down half of it for that blasted tower so I decided to save it to the library (hoping that some modder will come up with the tower rug; if not I can still use it in some other capacity), bulldozed the one in game and quickly built the second one. This one consists of the cheapest tower possible, the check-in and the food counters (both in a simple box with two doors and some windows) and nothing else. It functions perfectly.

Of course, Sims still arrive to the base camp but then they can check in the hotel - given the state the (French) base camp is in after two nights this still seems the better alternative to me.

Sounds a bit like the dive lots that couldn't be placed in any world other than IP, and then could be.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 28th Jun 2013 at 5:23 PM Last edited by matrix54 : 28th Jun 2013 at 5:37 PM.
Um... I just want to France. I don't see an option for a Resort option anywhere.

Edit: I managed to force the base camp to become a resort. I put the resort stuff in a collection, went to France and it all worked when I put a few things down. Sims still considered the lot home, for whatever reason. It really completed the experience, having to go to town AND check into a resort on arrival or be forced to use a tent to sleep outside.

The Island Paradise and World Adventures pair well, so I don't know why EA gated everything. ._.

Alchemist
#9 Old 28th Jun 2013 at 6:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
Sounds a bit like the dive lots that couldn't be placed in any world other than IP, and then could be.

Sounds like "no weather" in WA subhood, until Twallan unlocked this. EA sure gated everything cross-expansion.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 28th Jun 2013 at 6:19 PM
The I think the game treats resorts like vacation homes, so they override base camps if they're in the world, even though base games are required for the world, as a fail safe, I guess. I'll do more testing.

Edit: Apparently, that's only the case when you edit the lot when your Sim is currently staying there. The base camps is still your Sims initial home. Also, Vacation days Rollover when you leave from vacation and come back.

All of these are fixable if EA enabled the lot types in vacation worlds.

Inventor
#11 Old 28th Jun 2013 at 8:28 PM
I looked around WA worlds and found out that there is a well placed 20x30 lot available in all of them. I therefore made a 20x30 template which I can place in any of them.

This is the one in China, on the lot on which I, in ye goode olde tymes when I still really played WA, always built my Sims' vacation homes, next to the lake and near the town. It contains all you need for a functioning hotel plus some unnecessary luxuries like windows, tables, chairs and ceiling lamps. The cost is 28 Simoleons per night. You can always "localize" it but "the tower" always remains the same; that's why I named the template "Hilton".

The proceedings are always the same as well: your Sims travels to the base camp and from there he can proceed to the hotel. I also placed a hotel at the university, to see what would happen; in this case, the Sim had to start at a dorm and only then he could proceed to the hotel. The rest was the same, including the usual hotel problems.

And that's that.
Test Subject
#12 Old 29th Mar 2014 at 5:53 PM
Default Building Resorts in World Adventure vacation locations (Lot actually becomes a resort
I found a way to do it! Like someone already mentioned you need to make a collection with at least the front desk in it. I did this from my town, just made a random lot etc, made my collection. done. Then I went to al simhara, I went into edit town mode and chose one of the bigger houses and converted it to a community lot ( I put mine as no visitors allowed) I then went into edit mode and built up my resort. I went back to live mode and had my sim visit this lot, no one was at the check-in desk, I decided to right click on the lot ( with testing cheats enabled) and chose buy on lot. A message popped up saying that because there was a resort desk the lot would now become a resort. Now when i go into edit town mode and choose this lot I have the resort things available, the towers, pool bars, etc. Even in live mode the icon above the lot is the resort one.
Test Subject
#13 Old 24th Dec 2014 at 12:17 AM Last edited by firstladee1 : 24th Dec 2014 at 1:33 AM. Reason: UPDATE
Default It Worked
Maybe it's just me but I can't even find the hotel desk....

Ok, so I did it like you said and I now have a hotel in all locations. I copied the hotels that were already there and followed your prompts for changing lot type to none allowed, visiting, and then buy mode and the lot type was changed to resort..... Thanks!!!!
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 24th Dec 2014 at 1:18 AM
I think the hotel desk appears automatically once you designate the lot as a resort.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 24th Dec 2014 at 1:41 AM
You have to put all of the resort stuff in a collection folder and then use them on a lot. Placing the front desk on any lot will forcibly turn any lot into a resort, including lots in a vacation world.

Build your own or convert an existing lot, but try not to use the orignal base camp. If you do, make another lot a base game so you don't fiddle with the game's programming and break something.

Test Subject
#16 Old 27th Jan 2017 at 8:53 PM
I'm sorry to burry that thread out, but my question is concerning that topic and I tried to put the reception desk and everything into a folder, but when I tried to place it in World Adventures it wasn't in the folder anymore. Instead things were doubled, When I returned to the resort lot back home, the folder showed everything I put in, Any ideas how to fix it? Has somebody else the same problem or am I doing something wrong?