Replies: 133 (Who?), Viewed: 12855 times.
Page 6 of 6
Mad Poster
#126 Old 23rd Mar 2014 at 12:44 AM
Like Mammal I apparently hate myself and Googled it. I saw a screenshot of a load of sex options, and whoever took the picture highlighted it on the rape one. I'll be damned if I'm going to go back and see how it actually worked, mind, although it wouldn't surprise me if it had custom animations. .__.

At least some controversial mods, like the OMGWTFBBQ, has a humour aspect to it. I mean killing and cannibalising babies is a horrific thing if it happened in real life, but as it so rarely happens, as an idea for fiction it's more absurd than evil, at least in my mind. Rape on the other hand, yeah no. Go fuck yourselves.

EDIT: Yes hello people who may have skipped to the last page without reading the prior ones we are no longer discussing religion, but Sim rape. Don't freakin' ask.
Alchemist
#127 Old 23rd Mar 2014 at 1:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BL00DIEDHELL
Like Mammal I apparently hate myself and Googled it. I saw a screenshot of a load of sex options, and whoever took the picture highlighted it on the rape one. I'll be damned if I'm going to go back and see how it actually worked, mind, although it wouldn't surprise me if it had custom animations. .__.

I think it did. If you write that mod in the google, it is the very first link that shows up. I seem to hate myself, as well, deeply, since I just had to see whether that abomination whas still up. Now I just want to throw up the Ben&Jerry I just ate.

Okay, back to the topic... If someone wanted to make a mod to bring religion into the game, that's fine but I wouldn't use it and if EA produced that kind of pack, I wouldn't buy it. For me, the game is fine as is.
Mad Poster
#128 Old 23rd Mar 2014 at 1:13 AM
Forum Resident
#129 Old 23rd Mar 2014 at 2:19 AM
#130 Old 23rd Mar 2014 at 2:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BL00DIEDHELL

At least some controversial mods, like the OMGWTFBBQ, has a humour aspect to it. I mean killing and cannibalising babies is a horrific thing if it happened in real life, but as it so rarely happens, as an idea for fiction it's more absurd than evil, at least in my mind. Rape on the other hand, yeah no. Go fuck yourselves.

EDIT: Yes hello people who may have skipped to the last page without reading the prior ones we are no longer discussing religion, but Sim rape. Don't freakin' ask.

Test Subject
#131 Old 23rd Mar 2014 at 3:47 AM Last edited by jmelody : 23rd Mar 2014 at 3:59 AM.
I didn't mean to deviate the topic. I was just trying to emphasize that there are much more controversial mods out there than religion in my opinion. Wow yea Bl00diedhell, I forgot the cannibalistic/babies mod. Some mods I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole but I guess other people may want a certain mod for a specific story line. However, it seems that for whatever reason you throw in Jesus or any other religious figure/topic and all of a sudden it evokes so many negative reactions. It just seems a little backwards to me.

One last point, I would be extremely happy if fake religion(s) were created similar to the Sims Medieval. That too would be a lot of fun in my opinion! I just want something that can fill that void since religion is a big part of real life even if you are personally religious or not. But I respect those that differ in the way they want to play the game. I just think it would be an awesome mod choice and would personally enhance my story lines....make it more complex and interesting.
Theorist
#132 Old 23rd Mar 2014 at 4:37 AM
How about instead of endeavoring to add xx number of religions to satisfy as many people as possible, there just be a trait called "Spiritual?" And these sims will have special abilities, like they can perceive patterns and connections in everything that goes on around them and be able to converse with others and blog about their experiences.
#133 Old 23rd Mar 2014 at 4:45 AM
Yes. You can install so many religion custom contents: equipment, symbols, accessories, prayers' building lots, praying custom poses, offered over internet. Then how the religion works in your game by using your imagination. In Sims 3, to embody the life of your Sims more realistically for instance, it all depends on your (player's) imagination.

I moved my downloads to Simblr thebleedingwoodland
My newer quality downloads on my blog The Bleeding Woodland
Test Subject
#134 Old 23rd Mar 2014 at 6:03 AM
I think that religion could work in sims, however, the game designers would have to put in EVERY religion known to man or else you know someone would freak out and possibly sue if "their religion is not in the game and EA wanted us to be able to make ourselves" Long story short, it could work, but will never happen due to legal reasons.
Page 6 of 6