Replies: 4 (Who?), Viewed: 1724 times.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jan 2019 at 11:41 PM
Default Should you delete the KEY_resource after finishing a world?
Yeah, so basically i heard you need to delete the KEY_resource with S3PE if you get that brown mud terrain paint issue but is it also recommended to delete it after finishing a world, is it beneficial? Or is it best left alone unless you have issues and need to delete it to fix them?

Thanks
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 17th Jan 2019 at 3:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lloyd118
Yeah, so basically i heard you need to delete the KEY_resource with S3PE if you get that brown mud terrain paint issue but is it also recommended to delete it after finishing a world, is it beneficial? Or is it best left alone unless you have issues and need to delete it to fix them?

Thanks


Do you mean the key that gives your world it's unique ID? In that case I consider it to be great way for people to make changes to world they don't own aka stealing other people's work I would only do that if I needed to upload my own world again and the upload site complains about it being uploaded already. I know the gallery might say that. Otherwise I wouldn't do that to my own worlds, and I would never do it to anyone elses without explicit permission.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Jan 2019 at 8:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volvenom
Do you mean the key that gives your world it's unique ID? In that case I consider it to be great way for people to make changes to world they don't own aka stealing other people's work I would only do that if I needed to upload my own world again and the upload site complains about it being uploaded already. I know the gallery might say that. Otherwise I wouldn't do that to my own worlds, and I would never do it to anyone elses without explicit permission.


I think you may be on about a different KEY, as this one you have delete if the terrain paints get mucked up, and i just wondered if it might be good to delete it after finishing a world so its all fresh

http://www.simlogical.com/ContentUp...ld_Creation.pdf

its the one in the link i sent im on about under Deleting the _KEY file to fix the brown uck
Scholar
#4 Old 17th Jan 2019 at 8:50 PM
If it's not broken, don't try to fix it There is no benefit in deleting this resource if everything works fine.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Jan 2019 at 9:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norn
If it's not broken, don't try to fix it There is no benefit in deleting this resource if everything works fine.


Ok I won't then thankyou
Back to top