Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jun 2020 at 6:26 PM
Default What Things Have You Never Done in the Game?
With 11 expansion packs, TS3 is brimming with features. Without a doubt, there must be some things you've never done, big feature or small.
Personally, I've never been able to check in a resort (a bug since day 1 for me), let alone run one! This thread is to share your (non) experience and let's see what feature is the most unpopular ones!

Some other examples from me:
  • I've never ordered pizza. Not even once.
  • I've never hired any of those Showtime services on phone, i.e. acrobats, DJs, magicians, singers...
  • I never took any of those Age Freeze or Young Again potions.

The list goes on.

Share your stories!

Just call me Nikel
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 23rd Jun 2020 at 8:01 PM
I've never killed a TS3 sim just to watch them die. I did that in TS1 once, somewhere around 20 years ago (didn't save afterwards or it was just a copy of a saved game), and I still feel horrible/have nightmares about it.

Not sure that rises to the same level of never having ordered pizza, though. How about these:
  • My sims have never owned or ridden a horse.
  • I've never properly played a Showtime career, just on a teen who was goofing around with it at the time while he was still in high school.
  • Some of my sims practice on each other, but I've never done the martial arts ranked tournament thing.
  • I've never played an Imaginary Friend all the way to making them real, I get annoyed at them far too soon and give up.
  • My sims have woohooed just about everywhere imaginable, but not yet ever in a leaf pile.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 23rd Jun 2020 at 9:57 PM
I've never:
- Reached Generation 10 in a Legacy. My longest-running family has made it only as far as Generation 7.
- Made a sim-self.
- Had an heir die, except from old age.
- Had a sim master, or even make any significant progress in, the Photography Skill.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 23rd Jun 2020 at 10:46 PM
I haven't done half the things the game offers. It takes too long to boot up and I tend to get bored waiting for it so I rarely play.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Mad Poster
#5 Old 24th Jun 2020 at 6:00 AM
Uh, well, let's see. Per pack?

• never had a Sim child grow up to an adult, never reached level 10 in a career without cheating (base game)
  • never leveled up a visa to the highest level (World Adventures)
  • never played a doctor or a Ghostbuster, never built a SimBot (Ambitions)
  • never played a Vampire, never levelled a venue up to its highest level (Late Night)
  • never had or played with an Imaginary Friend (Generations)
  • never played in Appaloosa Plains or had a minor pet (Pets)
  • never played in Starlight Shores, never used SimPort, never used the golf range (Showtime)
  • never been a Werewolf, a Vampire or a Zombie, never made an elixre (Supernatural)
  • never built a Seasonal lot, never partaken in any of the "American" holiday traditions that have no cultural relevance in this part of the world (Seasons)
  • never been a PlantSim, never earned a degree without cheating, never reached level 10 in a social group without cheating (University Life)
  • never been diving, never been eaten by that sea monster thing, never been a lifeguard, never maxed out a Resort's rating (Island Paradise)
  • never been to the Dystopian future, never WooHooed with a descendant {Into the Future}

The rest, I've probably all done to some degree at some point. But I've never cared much for occults or generational play. Age categories other than Teen, Young Adult and Adult aren't my cup of tea.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#6 Old 24th Jun 2020 at 8:48 AM
I would say that most I have not done are probably things I just do not know about. Unless I decide to study Carls for pretty much everything I am sure there are many things I have missed. I have done almost all that you all have listed. Have not maxed some things but have at least tried most of them.

Had no interest in werewolves so had just one to see then moved on. Have never been a cow plant person so used just a time or two. I like to try/see most things, but then discontinue with ones of no interest. Same with plant Sims. Had one then did not play him. Did not do much with one genie.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 25th Jun 2020 at 1:44 AM
I think I've done it all, except I have NEVER seen the Kraken, not once, ever!
Mad Poster
#9 Old 25th Jun 2020 at 4:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsmidgen

As often, I think I read at Carls or somewhere what is the best way to have it appear in my game, and I did as said and it did. Fun sight! Keep trying.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 25th Jun 2020 at 7:56 PM
I'm a long time player of Kerbal Space Program, I know very well never to play games with the Kraken.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Scholar
#11 Old 25th Jun 2020 at 9:51 PM
Traveled to Dystopian or Utopian future.
Gone for all the degrees in University.
I have only gone for Science so far.
Played all the world adventures quests.
Prom, High School Graduation.

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon
Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Follow me on Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr
Forum Resident
#12 Old 26th Jun 2020 at 2:30 AM Last edited by KittyCarey : 26th Jun 2020 at 6:08 AM.
I have never adopted a unicorn.
I have never made a SimBot.
I have never seen the Kraken.
I have never played a Werewolf or a Zombie or a Mermaid .
I have never done anything for "Love Day" or whatever the summer one is, and have never built a seasonal lot.
I have never played the Daycare career, or made progress with the Stylist career.

And I don't own Showtime, University Life, and Into the Future, so I've never done anything with them.
Scholar
#13 Old 26th Jun 2020 at 4:35 AM
I've never played the Architect, Stylist or the Daycare careers.
Never played a sim with the Heartbreaker LTW.
Never completed the Gold Digger LTW.
Never yet thrown a party without at least one sim complaining that it was lame. (They are, in any case, almost invariably a disaster, and on two occasions when attempting to throw a bonfire party the house got hit by a meteor)
Never run a resort (I've tried building one but couldn't get it working).
Never played as a vampire, a werewolf, a ghost, or as mermaid.
Never had a sim succeed in becoming a fairy at the Arboretum.
Never seen the Kraken.
Never yet had a sim born in game pass through all the life stages and die of old age.
And, whilst on the subject, I've never had a deceased sim get one of those fancy obelisk tomb stones.

There may be a few other things, but those are the ones that spring to mind.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Forum Resident
#14 Old 26th Jun 2020 at 6:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Elynda
Never yet had a sim born in game pass through all the life stages and die of old age.
And, whilst on the subject, I've never had a deceased sim get one of those fancy obelisk tomb stones.

The sim I immediately think of who I have played through all the life stages, and who now has a fancy obelisk tombstone, James Starbright, is the sim who has done a lot of the things you can do in the game. Maxed out Spellcaster hidden skill. Set fire to many sims. Golddigger LTW. Criminal Mastermind. Learned all the elixir recipes. Turned many sims into toads.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#15 Old 26th Jun 2020 at 5:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KittyCarey
The sim I immediately think of who I have played through all the life stages, and who now has a fancy obelisk tombstone, James Starbright, is the sim who has done a lot of the things you can do in the game. Maxed out Spellcaster hidden skill. Set fire to many sims. Golddigger LTW. Criminal Mastermind. Learned all the elixir recipes. Turned many sims into toads.

Sounds like your SIm has lived a full live as a witch!

I just realized I've also never experienced any unnatural deaths, despite a very long list of possible deaths! One exception when I had a meteor falling right in front of a school. Fortunately it only took 2 casualties... But hey, it was a truly amazing natural disaster that I enjoyed having in a lack of unexpected events in Sim's lives.

Just call me Nikel
Alchemist
#16 Old 26th Jun 2020 at 9:38 PM
So many things! Now that I think about it, I played pretty much all the content in the early EPs (WA and Ambitions) but not much of the subsequent ones.

World Adventures: I've never built a tomb myself (if that counts).
Late Night: I've never played a mixologist sim.
Generations: I've never had a sim run a daycare (props to the players who can handle babies and toddlers, I generally like to not have more than 2 at a time).
Pets: never owned or ridden a horse. Did try to befriend a fussy unicorn, but the bastard didn't want to be my Evil sim's friend for some reason.
Showtime: I've never played the DJ profession (?) or actually played in Starlight Shores! The most I've done is try to remake some buildings and sims, but gave up on it.
Supernatural: never played a werewolf, I think? I don't remember lol.
Seasons: never had a sim struck by lightning, disappointingly One vampire in my current game just got a very nice tan recently, though.
University: never had a sim flunk out of university. To my knowledge, I haven't grown a Forbidden Fruit either.
Island Paradise: never played a resort or a lifeguard sim. Diving and houseboats are pretty cool though!
Into the Future: didn't do much before uninstalling it, it just doesn't fit the gameplay I like.

Quote: Originally posted by simsmidgen

The first time I saw it, I thought for sure that was it for my family! Luckily, it just swam past and didn't even notice them (or was in a good mood that day).

Quote: Originally posted by nikel23
I just realized I've also never experienced any unnatural deaths, despite a very long list of possible deaths! One exception when I had a meteor falling right in front of a school. Fortunately it only took 2 casualties... But hey, it was a truly amazing natural disaster that I enjoyed having in a lack of unexpected events in Sim's lives.

I once had a meteor fall on the school lot and take out 3-4 children! (see second pic) At the time I didn't even know kids could die - I remember reading that Sunset Valley's Opal Suarley (the little girl who drowned and whose headstone is at the graveyard) was a sort of anomaly for the game.
Screenshots

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Mad Poster
#17 Old 1st Aug 2020 at 4:02 AM
I never went to college.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Field Researcher
#18 Old 1st Aug 2020 at 7:54 AM
Never had a married couple divorce. Till death do us part for my couples!
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 1st Aug 2020 at 8:54 AM
I did have a married couple divorce, but I never had my Sim to be a cause for already married unplayed couple in my town to divorce. Played couple, however, is a different story
I never had a Sim to learn all the culinary recipes in the game (counting all the EPs), but I still was able to complete Culinary Librarian LTW, since obviously, despite its description, it doesn't really require you to learn all recipes
Never used Elixir to change my Sim into supernatural Sim, though I plan to change that. My Sim just got the fairy and werewolf Elixir and I do plan to use them both, though not both on the same Sim, so, now, I just have to decide what Elixir I'll use on what Sim
Speaking of this, I neve cured any of my supernatural Sim out of their supernatural life state. And I also never had any of my played Sim turn into Zombie. Which I actually regret.

I am sure there are other things I didn't do yet, but I can't remember. If I will remember, I'll write them.

Edit: Oh yes, I never used the Simport function.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 1st Aug 2020 at 12:16 PM
Never used the Simport either or traveled to Egypt

Having had all the add-ons, including the Katy Perry licensed ones, it is still an expansive universe.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 1st Aug 2020 at 8:29 PM
Well, fuck.

I've been playing the Sims 3 since 2013, maybe even earlier, and I have never done a lot of things in this game. It's nuts, you'd think I'd just started playing 6 months or a year ago.

I've never:

- Gotten past Generation 2

- Completed any non-active career

- Played an active career

- Completed any LTW

- Had a Sim master a skill

- Had more than 50,000 simoleons

- Bought a car

- Owned a resort

- Owned more than one house

- Bought community property or venues

- Woohooed anywhere other than the bed

- Played a ghost, faerie, genie, mummy, plantsim, or alien

- Encountered an alien or experienced abduction

- Had a Simbot

- Gotten past being a 3 star celebrity

- Played in worlds other than Appaloosa Plains, Sunset Valley, Isla Paradiso, or Custom

- Tamed a wild horse or befriended a unicorn

- Traveled to Egypt, France, or China

- Done anything with University except just go there

- Had triplets

- Killed a Sim

- Married a Sim

And so, so many more. I have all the expansion packs and yet I haven't touched most of them. Even the ones I have touched I've only explored them at a surface level. I truly cannot wait until the right time comes so I can really dive in to the game.

Oh c'mon. There better be a point to all this stress I'm under.
Scholar
#22 Old 2nd Aug 2020 at 5:29 AM
I've never done the generational thing. No one is ever born and no one ever dies. There is no such thing as the passage of time. :}
Mad Poster
#23 Old 2nd Aug 2020 at 12:26 PM
Hadn't bought all the store content, therefor not tried out all premium content.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Forum Resident
#24 Old 2nd Aug 2020 at 3:51 PM
I've never visited the future, despite having ITF.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 2nd Aug 2020 at 7:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pretenshus
I've never done the generational thing. No one is ever born and no one ever dies. There is no such thing as the passage of time. :}

Sounds to me like Pokémon anime with its always-ten-years-old Ash over 23 years Sorry, couldn't resist.

Quote: Originally posted by LittleCheshire
- Gotten past being a 3 star celebrity

Really? It's hard for me to not get to 5-star celebrity within just a week of a gameplay. Usually, during the second week, my whole family is 5-Star celebrities, except newly-born, adopted or genetically engineered children. Becoming celebrity is WAY too easy in this game. How long did you actually play?

BTW, this reminded me, how many of you never tried genetically engineer baby?
Page 1 of 2