Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Nov 2020 at 6:27 PM
Default A Sim's Personality and Hogwarts
Hi everyone!

For people who are Harry Potter fans like I am, what two personality types would you say matches each Hogwarts House?
-Neat/Slopy
-Shy/Outgoing
-Lazy/Active
-Serious/Playful
-Grouchy/Nice

I would love to know your opinions because I am playing with my own families in Plesantview and I want to sort as many people as I can into Hogwarts Houses and label them as just muggles, muggle-borns, pure-bloods or half-bloods
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 17th Nov 2020 at 6:58 PM
Sorry my recommendation is to avoid Hogwarts and it's sorting of children into "houses" and go to Beauxbatons instead :p

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Scholar
#3 Old 17th Nov 2020 at 7:09 PM
Gryffindor - Outgoing and Active
Ravenclaw - Serious and Nice
Slytherin - Grouchy and Serious, also Outgoing among their own kind
Hufflepuff - Active, Nice, possibly also Shy or Playful (they're creative types)
Field Researcher
#4 Old 17th Nov 2020 at 11:15 PM
These seem to be the stereotypical archetypes to sort students into--
Gryffindor: Sloppy, Outgoing, Active, Playful, Grouchy
Because of course Gryffindor is picking fights and making a mess and having a good time.
Slytherin: Neat, Shy, Lazy, Serious, Grouchy
Because they pick fights, but they have self respect, and they will use this couch time to pretend they can politick.
Hufflepuff: Sloppy, Outgoing, Active, Playful, Nice
Because they're here at school to make friends and eat good food.
Ravenclaw: Neat, Shy, Lazy, Serious, Nice
Because they're only here to study, and it takes too much effort to pick fights.

I'm a young adult in poor health, trying to heal enough to complete my goals.
This is the song that never ends ~ It goes on and on my friends ~
my first ToT Challenge (which is actually indefinitely hiatus, I'm in a different TOT hood now)
Mad Poster
#5 Old 18th Nov 2020 at 1:08 AM
-Neat (Ravenclaw, Slytherin)/Sloppy (Gryffindor, some Hufflepuffs)
-Shy/Outgoing (Really, could make a good argument for all four houses for each, maybe with the exception that Gryffindor isn't likely to be shy (although, early in the series I would point to both Neville and Ginny))
-Lazy (Gryffindor, probably... like, they seem most likely to be lazy in between bouts of activity, at least)/Active (Also Gryffindor, during the other times, and of course Hufflepuff)
-Serious (Ravenclaw, Slytherin)/Playful (Hufflepuff, Gryffindor)
-Grouchy (Slytherin, Gryffindor, some Ravenclaws)/Nice (Hufflepuff, other Ravenclaws)

I think a lot of the point is that you could create a character who'd OBVIOUSLY belong in each of the four houses who could have any combination of traits you could imagine though, so these are really just the stereotypical answers based on the general public image of each house (full disclosure, I'm absolutely a Slytherin)

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 18th Nov 2020 at 10:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JudgedBnB
Hi everyone!

For people who are Harry Potter fans like I am, what two personality types would you say matches each Hogwarts House?
-Neat/Sloppy
-Shy/Outgoing
-Lazy/Active
-Serious/Playful
-Grouchy/Nice

I would love to know your opinions because I am playing with my own families in Pleasantview and I want to sort as many people as I can into Hogwarts Houses and label them as just muggles, muggle-borns, pure-bloods or half-bloods

No muggles allowed in Hogwarts. XD

Honestly, I don't think that any of the sims personalities match particular Houses. I think that any combination could be argued for any House.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 18th Nov 2020 at 12:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
No muggles allowed in Hogwarts. XD

Honestly, I don't think that any of the sims personalities match particular Houses. I think that any combination could be argued for any House.

If they're muggles, I just won't put them anywhere
Mad Poster
#8 Old 18th Nov 2020 at 2:27 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 18th Nov 2020 at 3:01 PM.
-Neat (Ravenclaws, and I kind of picture most Hufflepuffs being somewhat neat too since they live around the kitchens. Also kids with one or two muggle parents, because it means they'd have to clean their room without cheaty magic, and habits are more often than not carried over)/Sloppy (Gryffindors probably - everything seemed to be a mess there. Also some Slytherins - and others - that came from places where their mess was cleaned up for them, and still was when they arrived at the castle - I don't imagine bad habits die easy. There's probably some neat ones of each though)
-Shy/Outgoing (Ravenclaws seem to be more of the shy as opposed to outgoing kind in the books, but it depends very much on individual personality since some are not at all shy. Some of the book versions do have rather eccentric personalities, though. Hufflepuffs and Gryffindoors seem more of the outgoing kind. Slytherins... often very much in their own gang so I guess that could count as being "shy", but if you're going outside of book lore they do seem outgoing.
-Lazy/active (Slytherins - lazy in some cases since some have a tendency to go "easy routes" to get what they want, but can also be hardworking and ambitious. Gryffindors never struck me as particularly lazy, they always have something going on, and they're usually the first one to sign up for something, whether it's a game or tournament. Maybe they do take a few seemingly "lazy" routes sometimes, but occasionally it's because they're doing too many things at a time and can't manage it all - by the way, needing a time-turner means you're gaping over too much, and if your teachers don't see that, and even assist you, they're nuts . Ravenclaws are hard-working when it comes to mind over matter, and they seem to like having several projects going at a time like the Gryffindoors but maybe managing a bit better, while Hufflepuffs might be a bit of both).
-Grouchy (Slytherin, maybe some Gryffindors but I don't think it's their defining trait, maybe some Ravenclaws)/Nice (Hufflepuff, most Gryffindors, probably most Ravenclaws as well - as long as you don't disturb them when they're in the middle of something).
-Serious/Playful (Gryffindor as playful, Slytherin as Serious with a slight playful streak, Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw as more of a mix. I do picture Ravenclaw as more serious, but it does have its share of characters who are somewhere in the middle, like Luna, Trelawney, Flitwick and Lockhart, so again, it comes down to individuals. We don't get to see a lot of Hufflepuffs, but they are pictured as being friendly and nice, so I think they're more toward playful, but perhaps not all the way, so perhaps toned down a little more toward the middle).

When that's said, I think you really can't sort them into personality traits per house. You'll find a mix of these in all the houses. Maybe it's more fun if you mix them up a little. Perhaps give them different interests, skills or hobbies instead, or maybe use the custom Traits system if it can do anything interesting.