Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#101 Old 16th Mar 2011 at 1:57 PM Last edited by surfer85 : 11th May 2014 at 1:51 AM.
Default Chapter 18 - March 1966 - Scene II
@Liv94: Whenever someone is speaking French in this story, they're usually either saying something trivial that has no bearing on the story (like when Farrah and Melissa are practicing ballet), or saying something really dirty that I wouldn't be able to write in English on a site like this. And I don't speak or write French either - I just cheated and used babelfish, so those dialog lines may not even be grammatically correct.

Thanks for the supportive comments regarding my break-up, everyone. It's very sweet of you.

Advertisement
Field Researcher
#102 Old 16th Mar 2011 at 8:25 PM
Ooh, do I sense that Melissa will be getting pregnant...?

Oh oh oh~:3

I loved this chapter!
Field Researcher
#103 Old 16th Mar 2011 at 8:25 PM
Ah, Melissa, why AGAIN?!
She's slowly becoming (or she finally did...) worse than her mother! Making love with everyone she mets?! I know - she were angry with Craig (every girl/woman would be when she sees loved one kissing/being kissed by/whatever somebody else), but it IS going insane! I think that if Melissa got pregnant, she would CONSIDER before she does something! I don't wish her having the same life as her mom had of course. She isn't stupid, so why does she behave like she is?
And I wish all the best for Charles and Farrah Hope their marriage will be happy and lasting forever
It's nice that we didin't have to wait for next chapter so much time ^^ It could be REALLY annoying! Especially when photo-story has an interesting plot and readers are waiting with excitement...!
Keep on writing
Lab Assistant
#104 Old 16th Mar 2011 at 9:03 PM
surfer85, this is an amazing story!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#105 Old 16th Mar 2011 at 10:05 PM Last edited by surfer85 : 11th May 2014 at 2:00 AM.
Default Chapter 18 - March 1966 - Scene III
Okay, so I have a lot of time on my hands today. :-p

Field Researcher
#106 Old 16th Mar 2011 at 10:28 PM
Heh, she secretly wants to call him dad but it embarrasses her :P

It's so cute~
Theorist
#107 Old 16th Mar 2011 at 11:34 PM
In regards to Melissa and Patrick - Shocking behavior, Melissa!

I'm glad Melissa and her father are getting on; now we know where she got her artistic talent from!

"Your life was a liner I voyaged in."
Inventor
#108 Old 17th Mar 2011 at 11:28 AM
I guess Melissa doesn't see sex as a big deal, watching her Mum all those years. Though, I thought after seeing her break up with Craig, that the next time you saw her she'd be crying on Nathan's shoulder, not going off with some randomer!
And if she does get pregnant, she'd never be in the same situation as Farrah, because she's got "Daddy's Money" now.

It's good to see you are doing well, Surfer ^^
Lab Assistant
#109 Old 17th Mar 2011 at 12:47 PM
Aww, that was a nice moment between Melissa and her father.
Field Researcher
#110 Old 17th Mar 2011 at 6:51 PM
Really short episode but nevertheless great!
It's nice to know that she has a talent after her dad (or Charlie as she calls but I think one day she'll stop :D). Maybe her dad would help her in developing her skills or even a painter career? He's sure to know a lot of proffesionalls who can make Melissa one of them. Having contact with influencing ones is the way to start a real career nowadays and although photo-story takes place 40 years ago, there's no change imo (some things will never change and sometimes it's sad ;[)
Melissa'll find the way, won't she?
Wanna more! ^^
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#111 Old 20th Mar 2011 at 6:56 PM Last edited by surfer85 : 11th May 2014 at 2:00 AM.
Default Chapter 19 - Summer 1966 - Scene I
Thanks for the comments, guys. BTW, I love hearing you discuss the characters and speculate on the storyline, so please don't stop doing that. Those are probably my favorite type of comments.

Theorist
#112 Old 20th Mar 2011 at 8:23 PM
Aw, I love how Angela calls Charles 'Daddy' even though he isn't! And I can't believe Melissa has another love interest! She sure does get around! I hope it doesn't backfire on her though.
Thought I'd add, I'm not sure all will run smoothly with the new baby.

Field Researcher
#113 Old 20th Mar 2011 at 9:33 PM
I hope Melissa doesn't sleep around like her mother and become pregnant as a teen. That'd be so sad
Inventor
#114 Old 20th Mar 2011 at 10:18 PM
I still think that Nathan should make a reappearance - maybe this guy Melissa's gonna hook up with will go back to California leaving behind more than just memories, and Nathan will want to help her raise it (after some struggles and sadness first, of corse)

But, for reals - checking the number of topic replies and seeing that there's been an update is like, the highlight of my day! I've never been so invested* in a story before!

(* - I'm not sure if I used that in the right context? Never mind XD)
Theorist
#115 Old 20th Mar 2011 at 11:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by supersimoholic
But, for reals - checking the number of topic replies and seeing that there's been an update is like, the highlight of my day! I've never been so invested* in a story before!

Me neither, in regards to a sim story at least. You've totally sucked me in!

Test Subject
#116 Old 20th Mar 2011 at 11:53 PM
Forgive me for my horrible memory, but what ever happened to that sweet Black haired boy? Hmm... Anywho heres my opinion of what will happen: Melissa will get possibly get Pregnant (Or a pregnancy scare) From that Patrick boy. This summer romance may not work out all that well and end up her heartbroken. That lovely black haired boy from her childhood will confort her and they will get together. And if she did have a kid with that Patrick fellow he'd be supportive. I may have possibly over thought this storyline a tad... and ALSO the Mum could possibly get sick/die in childbirth due to 1. It's the 60's and 2. She is 40 I bet 1of these will come true! LOVIN THE UPDATES. You and the Girl writing "Roe" Are the only UPDATERS. *Sniffle* I'd wish some other writers will find some time to write. There are so many good stories here!

Theres no half-singing in the shower, your either a rock star or an opera diva.

Theres no half-trying in Sims, your either a Newbie or a experinced player

SiMs FoReVeR
<3 <3 <3
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#117 Old 21st Mar 2011 at 2:07 AM Last edited by surfer85 : 11th May 2014 at 2:04 AM.
Default Chapter 19 - Summer 1966 - Scene II
Just another little update.

Theorist
#118 Old 21st Mar 2011 at 2:20 AM
Nathan! I did not see that coming. I thought maybe he'd run into her at the lake, but not that he'd find her with Frankie! Poor Nathan!

Inventor
#119 Old 21st Mar 2011 at 9:51 AM
The first thing I thought was much like Phoeberg's response "OMG NATHAN!!" the end was sad though but at least he still loves her, even after seeing that!
Forum Resident
#120 Old 21st Mar 2011 at 10:03 AM
Oh Melissa - I hate her grrrrrr..... nothing werse then a slapper. lol

Official Foundation Challange Contestant. R1-R2-R3-R4

BLOGGER A Random Legacy - Vasher
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#121 Old 21st Mar 2011 at 12:56 PM
Chloebee - those are some interesting predictions. None of them will happen, though. Farrah will certainly not die during childbirth.

Kaylarox - what's a "slapper"?

EDIT: never mind, I just looked it up. Melissa's not a slapper - she just tends to give her affection somewhat freely :-p
Test Subject
#122 Old 21st Mar 2011 at 10:41 PM
Aahaha I'm a bit of a dramatic! Lovin' the new updates! Black haired boy = Nathan <3 He's my fav!
And man Melissa been around and done around (Not surprising with her mother though)
But JEEBUS Melissa fall for the hot cutesy sweet boy! Hmphh...

Thanks for the update! Now if only we could see more people updating like you!

Theres no half-singing in the shower, your either a rock star or an opera diva.

Theres no half-trying in Sims, your either a Newbie or a experinced player

SiMs FoReVeR
<3 <3 <3
Scholar
#123 Old 22nd Mar 2011 at 12:50 AM
Wow. I've been following this story for a while now. Excellent work, and I love the graphic novel idea, it's very easy to read!

I can't believe Melissa's sleeping around so much already! Three guys and she isn't even out of school! Poor Nathan, after that he must have lost all faith in her! Perhaps she'll get pregnant like her mother and learn her lesson .

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
- Douglas Adams (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)
tumblr
Mad Poster
#124 Old 22nd Mar 2011 at 12:54 AM
Gah! You totally have me hanging with this one. I hope she chooses Nathan in the end

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Lab Assistant
#125 Old 22nd Mar 2011 at 1:21 AM
That (latest update) was so sad. I'm so bummed for Nathan -- maybe if Melissa sees him with someone who cares for him, she'll smarten up? Ahhh wishful thinking. At the rate she's going, she'll probably end up in rehab or a hospital and Nathan will have to take care of her. I kinda wish she hadn't gone the way of her mother though but it seems like they're pretty loose on those kinds of things -- why didn't Farrah ever teach Melissa about "responsibility". Did I miss the birds and the bees conversation?! XD Yeah...poor Nathan. Whatever's coming to Melissa, she definitely has coming to her. {{gasp!!?!?!}} Does Charles find her and a boy together?!
Page 5 of 14