3 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#7126 Old 16th Nov 2021 at 5:10 PM
I had a child die of the flu... for some reason, I was under the impression that children just got taken away by the Social Worker if they got too ill, not die. Jasmine Nigmos, a day away from becoming a teenager, died when I wasn't looking... I didn't even know she was ill! Only Heather and Lian are badly affected though; Lily had no fears concerning death and Skipp and Ophelia are Perma-Platinum, so they only cried for a few days and then they were fine.

On a happy note, Elizabeth Goth became the youngest Chief of Staff at 38 days until elder (my lifespan has adults have 39 days in the adult lifestage). Alexander is proud!

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#7127 Old 16th Nov 2021 at 5:58 PM
Jimmy Phoenix/Ty Bubbler/Erik Swain/Jared Starchild in the dorms - They had a party. A cop showed up. Did nothing, just got back in her car like "screw it, let them party on" and it was good. lol. They did well in Uni. It was their junior and senior years. Erik made enemies with Alan Buckingham, an unplayable dormie in the same dorms, because he keeps beating up another dormie, a girl. Erik is gay so he has no ulterior motives, he just hates the douchebag. They are now enemies. The fighting is constant between Alan and the girl, and then Erik and Alan get into it. Erik and Jared are together and Ty and Jimmy are together. They all graduate and move to Moon Islands together, in a house they own. They don't have enough to furnish it yet but it's nice and big and they got what they need at the moment. They got makeovers.

I also added some things to Moon Islands like a stonehenge thing and ducks and such. Trying to make it seem more alive.

My Simblr
He/They
Scholar
#7128 Old 17th Nov 2021 at 1:54 AM
I first played the lot where Sharla Ottomas lives. It is three cottage-style "apartments" (not real apartments because I don't have that EP), and the other two apartments are taken by the nerdly best friends Porfirio Langarak and Bernard Dreamer. They even wear the same color/style shirt, except Porfirio has it as a t-shirt and Bernard has it as a sweater (orange with a horizontal stripe).

After work, Sharla called over Ross Burb, who she is having an affair with. The first time they woohooed, the gardener was standing outside her bedroom window, frozen. I have to say it was a little creepy. Then Sharla made some food, and they hung out. I was occupied with Bernard and didn't notice Ross drinking a beer left over from the previous night's party. Next thing I know, he was proposing to Sharla and she was accepting. The problem is that Ross is already married to Tina Traveller. They didn't get the engaged icon. But they did go woohoo again. This time, it was Bernard's lady friend who was standing outside the bedroom window, looking in. What the what?

Ross went home, and Sharla went to bed. She got up the next morning and got a baby bump. So... she's moving back home to have the baby there, since it's not really practical in a one-bedroom tiny apartment. I'm sure Samantha will be thrilled.

Meanwhile, I went over to play Ross and Tina. Ross was a little glitchy. First, he drove off to work in his truck but then reappeared back home without the truck. I decided he was taking a day off, so he went swimming. There, he ran into his mother-in-law, Trisha, and tried to hit on her a little. This is how Ross rolls. (He's a Fortune Sim, btw, even though he doesn't act it sometimes.) But Trisha had to leave, so he walked home. Tina was already home, playing chess with a work colleague. Ross did some chores around the house but had a couple of jump-bugs. I wonder if getting engaged while he was already married glitched him. I sent them both to bed.

Not sure what I should do about this. I don't think this has happened to me before. I've had Sims drunk-propose to their own spouse but not to someone they weren't married to. Should he divorce Tina?
Mad Poster
#7129 Old 17th Nov 2021 at 2:17 AM
John Schmidt is supposed to get married to Matthew Smith today, but nobody will stop dancing because the music won't stop playing even after I delete the only stereo on the lot and even though I've had Same Sex Marriage for ages the "Join Union" option comes up! I've run this wedding twice now and the third will just have to do, but if it's another Join Union after I changed the name of the mod to load later, I don't know what I'll do.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#7130 Old 17th Nov 2021 at 3:07 AM
As I recall from Andrew and Julian last year, It comes up "Join Union" at the ceremony, but the memory is of getting married. I'll check in the moaning.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#7131 Old 17th Nov 2021 at 3:09 AM
Another woman in Arundel has died from childbirth complications: Evelyn Allen, wife of Randall Allen, died shortly after having given birth to Bridget Allen. Her husband, Randall was at work when it happened, and he returned home to a untended baby (stinking and hungry) next to the urn of his wife. Randall was stunned by the sight.
After having changed his new daughter, he had a visitor, Damion Chin, who is the town's pickpocket, who proceeded to do exactly that to poor Randall.
It was only after he headed off to bed when he realized his wallet was missing.
"Damn him! That rascal took my wallet while I'm trying to manage to take care of my baby and cope with the death of my wife! What a low life bum he is!"

(the most curious thing about both women who have died from complications of childbirth-they were both in the medical field, and shared the same zodiac signs, hobbies and personalities-knowledge.)

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Lab Assistant
#7132 Old 17th Nov 2021 at 6:33 AM
In Strangetown, Jill Grunt had her second baby, Paul (I changed my mind about a second girl named Mary). Jane did fairly well in college which was a surprise, since she didn't know what she wanted to study and ended up in philosophy. Now she's a stay at home mom, taking care of her twins Mary and Mike. The father is Buck. Ripp is married to a dormie, Nicole, but he isn't too happy about it. She's pregnant too and it's interesting that she loves another dormie with whom (did I say this correctly?) she has three bolts! That dormie is Robert, Ophelia's ex, and maybe something will happen with them in the future. Ripp does cheat a lot after all. Pascal and Nervous' first daughter, Morticia, is in her last semester of college. She's a fortune sim in the biology major. She was put on academic probation once during Junior year but we're pretending that never happened. I think it was all the parties she threw in that semester tbh. Right now she's dating Ripp, or so she thinks.

Loki and Circe had twins Eurydice and Bjorn. I might be butchering the girl's name though. I was curious to see what some of the children look like all aged up, so I did just that. Eurydice is unique looking but in a pretty way, she's defilitely one of my favourites. Bjorn got his father's eyebrows but not the ability to pull them off. Willow (Johnny and Ophelia) looks so much like her dad and fortunately her face improves vastly as she ages (her mouth is the problematic area but it looks better than I thought it would). Leonard (Johnny and Kristen) looks like Johnny from the front, but his profile is another story. He's freaking gorgeous, to put it simply, and I think he's my favourite of the kids right now.

Ruby (Vidcund's second alien child) is in college right now. She's a romance sim who's already asking people to do her homework and her term paper. And now I just remembered sending Morticia on a community lot and having her greet uncle Vidcund and aunt Jenny. I thought it would be cute but Vidcund beat the both of them up... Then Jenny had a family reunion party and invited everyone, Vidcund included, but of course he didn't come. I was hoping for some drama so that was sad. Oh well.
Lab Assistant
#7133 Old 18th Nov 2021 at 3:52 PM
The King will most likely die in the next rotation and I'm considering if his successor will start a war with the also new to the throne Sultan and how I will play it. There is also the question of who will become the Crown Prince's son's wife. The choice is important since she will not only become queen one day but her family will gain a lot of influence. The most likely options are the oldest daughter of the future Duke of Brink (maternal cousin), a princess from the royal family (paternal & maternal cousin) and Alysanne, the oldest daughter of the future Duke of Dragonstone and by that binding the family closer to the crown. The Brinks have a lot too loose since the queen and crown princess are from their lines and of course they want to keep that power. The Dragonstone daughter would finally make a family connection of relevance between them and the royal family (the current king's aunt was married to the youngest brother of the current duke but their children have become their own dynasty). The easy way out would be the princess of the royal dynasty since she also has a Brink mother (they wouldn't loose too much of their influence) but her father is skeptical. He had married her mother out of duty and was critized heavily by his family for marrying below his rank after her death. His second wife is "only" the daughter of an earl/count but he loves her dearly. He wants to keep his daughter from marrying out of duty as he did, and maybe dying in childbed just to provide an heir and a spare. He wants her to marry someone she loves and without the necessary pressure to provide and heir and a spare that comes with being crown princess/queen. With the upcoming war, we will see how things change and what alliances need to be made.

Otherwise the rotation is going pretty normal with children being born, old members dying and some mothers lost in childbed.
Forum Resident
#7134 Old 18th Nov 2021 at 7:48 PM
Jill Smith grew up to an adult. Jenny invited Jill's nephew Hector Nigmos and cousins Rosalina and Chap Curious. Chap and Rosalina suddenly had regular, darkblue eyes which freaked me out at first but was just due to a default alien skin replacement which I then removed. I'll just say they wore contacts to the party as a joke.

Monsoon Neighbour had a date with Tank Grunt. He later got invited to an outing with Ripp Grunt since his friend Tank had had such a good time with him. Monsoon and Ripp have good chemistry too but since Monsoon and Tank are such good friends that they're now in love, I decided it'd feel too awkward to act on it. They get along well as platonic friends too, and Tank later invited both of them to his house to hang out.

Monsoon also enjoys being an uncle. He and his mother Roadnight Neighbour were invited by Monsoon's younger brother Batty to celebrate his son Froggy growing up to a toddler. Batty's other mother Violin had a conflicting job schedule so she got to visit earlier in the day. As Froggy grew up his hygiene was low and Monsoon immediately went to give him a bath. And the next day he came over on his own initiative. Batty has been all over the place on community lots and walking past houses lately, so maybe Monsoon has been the one taking care of Froggy at those times.

Batty and Froggy lead a chill life together, although Batty doesn't get a lot of sleep seeing as he's moved into Froggy's bedroom with an armchair to take naps in whenever he gets an opportunity. Batty has also recently purchased a lot that will eventually become a library. Other sims in the neighbourhood are gathering up their spare furniture and bookcases to donate. Since I sped up his alienpregnancy he got a lot of extra vacation days and his regular free days aligned so well that he can stay employed without going to work until Froggy's into his child-years, at which point he'll probably quit to focus on the library.

I am Error.
Top Secret Researcher
#7135 Old 18th Nov 2021 at 8:31 PM
Dina and Nina Caliente - Dina got a job in the entertainment career and Nina in Law Enforcement. They went to a community lot to get the job and while there Cassandra Goth had an aspiration meltdown. I don't know why. I actually heard the sound of it while the lot was still loading. Nina got to know the evil head witch, who she has 2 bolts with, and 3 with Bella Goth. I thought that was interesting, don't know if anything will happen yet or not. They both make friends. Nina with the evil head witch, Dina with Brandi Broke and Sarah Love. Mortimer Goth came over and him and Dina were in the hot tub together, they only cuddled though. Dina doesn't believe in woohoo outside of marriage, even though they already have but she was grieving, it happens, and the whole Bella is back and Mortimer and Bella are married thing ... I left it up to her though if she'd give into temptation. Nina got promoted to patrol officier and Dina to lounge singer. Nina asked the evil head witch the ways of darkness and is now an evil witch themselves.

Dina and Nina argue. Dina is part of the purple Nezerity church. Nina is a follower of the great llama. This causes issues between them.
Dina thinks it's wrong that Nina doesn't worship Nezerity, is bisexual and nonbinary, a witch, and in law enforcement with a goal for power!
It's not proper for a woman. And some of the stuff she wears isn’t proper. Nina thinks Dina is stuck up her butt and also a hypocrite because she's had woohoo outside of marriage (She was grieving!) and is also part alien, which the purple church hates! Dina hates her alien heritage and hopes to keep it a secret.

Nina uses he/they/she pronouns and is nonbinary.

Disclaimer: I’m nonbinary (demiguy he/they) and bisexual. I love being nonbinary and bisexual. Saying this because I know Nina is an evil witch wanting power. I have other nonbinary and bisexual sims that are very good sims. I want a bunch of different kinds of sims in this story. Also i’m rolling dice and looking at personality to determine a lot of it. Also I do not condone many actions of my sims. I am trying to tell a story with complex sims. It should be obvious over time there will be shades of gray. Good sims will have flaws and bad sims may have good parts to them. Just like real life, though simified. I also think i'll be using this to maybe heal some trauma i've been through. The power of exploring things in story and with sims.

Nina failed his first spell but succeeded on the second one and made Dina cluck like a chicken. Dina was also very upset about the cockroaches, because evil witches = cockroaches. Dina wants to get out there and find someone, preferably a rich someone, to fall in love with, so she went downtown. No one was found this time but she had a drink and danced some.

Edit: That concludes them for this round.

My Simblr
He/They
Forum Resident
#7136 Old 19th Nov 2021 at 5:32 AM
I made the switch from a 5 year old budget laptop to a certified refurbished low-end gaming PC. It made my load times go from 40 minutes to 10 (I have a couple gigs of CC!)... The graphics card on it is pretty weak and needs to be upgraded eventually, but going from 4GB RAM to 16GB of RAM and installing the game on an SSD has changed my life, lol!

My custom world I'm building is going to take a long time before I can actually play it (I've made a LOT of lots already but it's barely made a dent!), so I think I might start a small town to play in my free time.

I ramble a lot, and get confused easily, so my apologies to you in advance.
Mad Poster
#7137 Old 19th Nov 2021 at 12:14 PM
Ever since I got a bulk rename utility, I've been going through all of my downloads in game. It has been a remarkable change.
In my regular modern game with the most CC, (5.5 gig +) my loading time is 10 minutes tops from start to neighborhood screen.
In my medieval game it's now 6 minutes tops.
You can save a lot of time using a renaming utility and eliminating all the unnecessary characters from file names.
It can also help your computer by shortening the time it has to do the loading in.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Forum Resident
#7138 Old 19th Nov 2021 at 7:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
Ever since I got a bulk rename utility, I've been going through all of my downloads in game. It has been a remarkable change.
In my regular modern game with the most CC, (5.5 gig +) my loading time is 10 minutes tops from start to neighborhood screen.
In my medieval game it's now 6 minutes tops.
You can save a lot of time using a renaming utility and eliminating all the unnecessary characters from file names.
It can also help your computer by shortening the time it has to do the loading in.

Yes!! That can make a huge difference. Last time I cleared out my downloads folder, I got rid of a lot of subfolders. I had way more than I thought! Now it's never more than 2 subfolders deep. (Like, Downloads > CAS > Hair). Everything else gets a label in the first few letters of text, like the name of the creator. Cutting down on the amount of folders definitely sped mine up by a chunk.

I ramble a lot, and get confused easily, so my apologies to you in advance.
Mad Poster
#7139 Old 20th Nov 2021 at 9:10 AM
I added a few things to a tiny starter home in Dodge as the constriction crew.I've also been testing new lewly installed CC downloaded from here.The crew also added a few new things to the service center.The town finally got a converted barn in plase as lodgings for work crews who might be staying over the winter.
Theorist
#7140 Old 21st Nov 2021 at 2:13 AM
I added @Simsample's New Farprok in my game. I'm trying to get to know the inhabitants better and figuring things out.
It's currently the last day of summer so the school is closed and sims don't go to work for this first day of play.
Ages were adjusted according to my lifespan mod.

- Mab Jenks wanted new clothes so she bought some. She also got a new haircut. She met Chirl Tragg and it didn't end well. She beat him twice in a row. Most of the people there witnessed the scenes.
There were other fights involving different sims, no matter their age (thanks to mods).
One of her gnomes was stolen twice. She got it back each time.
- The Tragges: Chirl and Elony are trying to reconcile and it seems to work. Their teen boys Rucha and Rhic are not getting along at all and both are also angry with their father.
Jippur suffered of his relatives constant fights.
- The Plorkes: Ron and Lona seem to get along while Lena really dislikes her mother. Lena went to the spa lot with her little brother Monn and her sister Trin. No need to say that fights occurred involving non controllable Farprokians. Meanwhile, Ron and Lona woohooed. Then Ron decided to invite the headmaster as he wanted Monn to get to the private school.
It was a fail since Ron didn't succeed to suck up to the headmaster. He had an aspiration failure. At the same time, Lona miscarried. Poor thing was a few hours pregnant, tired and lacking comfort.
Lena will age the next time I'll play the family and currently has a teen mood swing.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7141 Old 21st Nov 2021 at 10:14 AM
Thanks for playing Farprork, @Essa ! They are a disagreeable bunch of sims! Hopefully there isn't quite so much conflict in future!
Theorist
#7142 Old 21st Nov 2021 at 8:52 PM Last edited by Essa : 21st Nov 2021 at 11:05 PM. Reason: Typo
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Thanks for playing Farprork, @Essa ! They are a disagreeable bunch of sims! Hopefully there isn't quite so much conflict in future!

@simsample
Yes, they are but it's a nice change from my hood where lots of fights occur too. I laughed a lot which is very welcome under current circumstances.
I added a one slap mod and no stars around the head before firing the game. Those mods are great and make events more beareable.
Playing your hood makes me realise that businesses in Bonneville were lacking speakers.
Forum Resident
#7143 Old 21st Nov 2021 at 10:58 PM
Pascal Curious and his niece Rosalina had a stand-off in the bathroom. Pascal needed the shower and Rosalina the toilet. They were shooing each other just in sync, so no one moved. I took Pascal's son Chap out on the town and figured Pascal and Rosalina could sort it out themselves. This went on for hours.
At one point, someone else came in and Pascal and Rosalina turned to shoo them away in unison before turning their attention back to each other. "Can't you see we're in the middle of something here! Leave!"
Vidcund took over for Pascal for a bit in the midst of it. Then Pascal returned and they continued.
Eventually, Rosalina had a bladder failure so now they both wanted to get to the shower. Lazlo came in and ignored their shooing and shrieking as he went to the loo and then took a sponge bath in the sink. Lazlo just doesn't give a shit. Rosalina took some time to talk to the guest someone had brought home from work.
Come the night and Pascal and Rosalina were both so tired that they went to bed and overslept, missing their carpool/school bus. Fortunately, Pascal woke up a few hours before Rosalina so he had time to use the bathroom in peace and leave it unoccupied for when Rosalina woke up. On the other hand, this must have been a somewhat anticlimactic end for the two as no one really won.
Also, Rosalina had the flu and standing in a cramped bathroom for hours on end made Pascal catch it too, but Rosalina, who has family as her secondary aspiration, had collected enough aspiration points to be able to make the comfort soup the day after.

After Circe was seen in Strangetown on her teenage daughter Tankette's lot by Tankette's foster mother Jenny Smith, Circe and Loki moved to Bluewater village. Fast forwards a couple of hours, and who walks by just as Loki's getting home from work if not Jenny Smith? Sneaky old lady. Loki locked her into the bedroom for while and I guess convinced her to leave him and Circe alone, or pumped in some memory-erasing gas or whatever, because I don't feel like moving them again. They also donned new disguises. Loki didn't want to get rid of his signature beard, but he figured if he dyes it red no one will be any wiser. The next day they invited Tankette for dinner.

Jenny Smith got busy in other ways, too. She and Crescendo Neighbour went on a date at Café Petite. Crescendo got his third 'first date' as per his wishes, and his first ever kiss.

Brahe Neighbour keeps on keeping on with her various businesses. Checo Ramirez visited her tattoo shop and she dazzled him into buying a tattoo and give a loyalty star, although he took it away just as quickly which sent Brahe, who had feared losing a customer star, into aspiration failure right there and then. Then he had the nerve to complain he got to wait too long by the cash register. I thought we were besties, Checo. As punishment Brahe helped some other customers before getting to him, pissing him off and making him stomp his feet and whine but not long enough for him to throw his bag and ragequit. In any case, Checo turned out to have gotten a text tattoo, I imagine it's Tessa's name. Apparently Brahe had sold Tessa herself a tattoo as well, but she's pretty close to becoming an adult so she might be eighteen years old.

I am Error.
Top Secret Researcher
#7144 Old 23rd Nov 2021 at 7:06 PM
The Traveller household - I gave them, and their house, a makeover. I put them in a EA made house but had to fix it to be seasons appropriate and furnish it. They enrolled Tina in homeschool. She will be learning but it'll be tailored to her. Jane Stacks, Allegra Gorey and Klara Vonderstein were the welcome wagon and they chatted quite a bit. Klara kept trying to steal their gnome but it's electrified! lol. Since neither of them wants a job but they need to make money Trisha shall paint and Trent shall write books. They tried for a baby but were not successful. They went to the park so Tina can get out since she is homeschooled. She met a fellow child there but he's one I made in cas and used the sim manipulator to put up for adoption, so she can't call him. But they had a fun day at the park. Tina is friends with both her parents. They went to Three Lakes. I have a pink flashing problem. They enjoy their vacation and met bigfoot, Hunter Bigfoot, who agreed to come home with them! In hopes to help the pink flashing problem i've deleted a lot of trees in the vacation hoods and then learned I didn't do the GRM like I thought I did, twice. I didn't notice it was "The Sims 2 body shop" with a drop down arrow. When I realized that I did "The Sims 2" like I thought I had in the first place. I feel so dumb. However that alone did not fix it. I did more things, like memory reallocation thing, so hopefully it's fixed now *crosses fingers and knocks wood* but only time will tell. They had fun on vacation, log rolling, slap dancing, throwing axes, fishing (mostly Tina), Using the spa and sauna and learning the local massage, going on tours (and mostly losing skill points). The "meet bigfoot" want doesn't work apparently or something went wrong. They caught a lot of bugs as well as digging up some buried treasure! They also have all 3 maps. Tina made a friend with a fellow child on vacation, and met several others. Tina now has a silver badge in fishing. Vacation ended and at home Hunter Bigfoot meets them! Bigfoot now lives in Strangetown! Strangetown, gettin' a little stranger. Trent and Trisha try for baby, and this time it works! Bigfoot has a job in Natural Scientist. He is knowledge/fortune.

That concludes them for this round.

My Simblr
He/They
Lab Assistant
#7145 Old 24th Nov 2021 at 7:56 PM Last edited by deadhead_kay : 25th Nov 2021 at 3:01 AM.
The story progression mod has been such a welcome addition to my game. I used to go to sims 3 when I started craving a town that felt alive without me having to play every household. But I recently downloaded Veronaville 2.0, victorianified it, and got the mod set up. And man I love it. Knowing that the children of my sims can go on succeeding in their careers/romance/family without me needing to slowly play each one of them is such a relief. It might be the only time in my 15~ years of playing this game that I've made it to (nearly) the 5th generation with a longer lifespan than maxis and not cheating them to age faster.

The Watkins are still mourning the deaths of their parents and sister that occurred almost 2 years ago. Eldest child and heir Austen was just graduating from university when he received news of the deadly fire that ravaged his family. Thankfully he managed to finish his studies to return home and take over the duty of his younger sisters, and his parent's ward Debbie, a distant cousin. Debbie, along with the eldest Watkins daughter, Daphne, recently celebrated their 16th birthdays (adulthood-iknow). Which sadly happened to be the unexpected end of Debbie's living with her cousins. Her father and his new wife recently welcomed twins into the family, after just having a toddler daughter, and so requested Debbie's return immediately, though she had spent 10 years in the care of the Watkins by this point. Daphne will now begin her search of finding the right partner for matrimony. Thankfully she has a few years before any choice is really required. The youngest daughters, Rosalie and Lucinda are still in school. They've become a bit distant after the death of their parents and their big sister Evelyn. Possibly due to their very distant relationship to their brother, who at over 15 years their senior, never interacted with them much, though he is generally very kind and family oriented (he always rolled wants to play with the children in the nursery as a boy).

I'll be honest, I did not do everything in my power to save Amelia and Edward Watkins, I'm a big fan of drama, especially since the family kept surviving my winter death rolls lmao. But I did not expect Evelyn to get caught in the crossfire, she was the only child to have inherited these comically large eyes from Amelia's Capulet side of the family, the same eyes Debbie has which were so adorable.

Weird game moment: Wondering if the story progression mod was broken because two sims I had always equated as being very close to each other blood wise had gotten married off camera. Genetically, they were so distant the game didn't mark them as family. But story wise, the woman's mother is the great aunt to the boy's mother, but the 2 women had been raised as sisters of the same age. I'm still a bit messed up over seeing their family tree so entwined honestly...

eta 1: Austen was fired from his job a a legal biller and visited his club to cheer himself up. There he met up with his college girlfriend Beth Messina, the only girl he's ever loved and an instant photo booth woohoo led them to a bit of a rushed engagement (there may have been a jingle). Austen worked hard for another respectable job and they married a day and a half later, so Beth had quite the bump to show off in front of the Watkins extended family. Now that Austen is married, it's time for him to step up in procuring a suitable partnership for Daphne.

2: Austen and Beth welcomed a son, Benedict (and now I realize it would've been better to name him a C name). And within the day conceived another through risky chance. Daphne nearly died in another kitchen fire, but Beth was on top of calling for services. In the midst of this, Austen had invited over best friend Trevor and his housemate Ethan. Lo and behold, Daphne is a 3 bolter with Ethan! He's currently in love with another sim, but a one bolt past affection can't compete against soulmates lmao. Plus, he's got a recessive for red hair as does Daphne, so I love the chance of them having kids with black, blonde or red hair. Speaking of which, Austen and Beth's second child is a girl with blonde/red. Always gotta have one blonde in each generation it seems haha

My last mini update will be this picture. Which caused my jaw to drop.

Why yes, Ethan did in fact decide one bolt is more valuable than 3 bolts. (we're not backing down till I get the marriage notification though)
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#7146 Old 24th Nov 2021 at 9:54 PM
As it turns out, after everything, the only one of of General Buzz Grunt's (five) children who didn't inherit anything from him was... Tank. Neither Tank nor Ripp had any contact with him as adults, but I think Ripp managed to sneak his way into the will by having a short, civil conversation with him on Buck's sofa shortly before he passed away. Tank was invited to Buck's that time as well, but he had to leave right away as he was sick.
But never mind that, Tank's living his best life. Bella Goth invited him for a date at the art gallery, they had a great time and Tank lost his virginity in Bella's love-tub.

Hector Nigmos fulfilled his want to sneak out with his best friend Temperance Neighbour, and managed to do so without getting caught either by the police or his parents Johnny and Ophelia. Ophelia started up a little home business selling random knicknacks and is off to a good start. It's meant to be a giftshop so when I see any of these items in someone's inventory, I'll take it to mean that they want to give someone a present.

Malcom IV Landgraab, for instance, gave the teddy bear statue he got to his new fling Jodie Larson, and he'll give the birdhouse to his employee/buddy Abhijeet next time he's at Club Dante.

Samus Larsen and Julian Caliente had their first date. Or, technically first two dates as I accidentally pressed to end the date after just a few seconds when I meant to invite Julian to bowl with Samus, so she invited him to an at-home date the next day and it went much better, ending with them playing Don't Wake the Llama well into the night.
Samus' parents Jenny (former downtownie "Gretchen Walton") and Zelda Larsen had a lunch-date of their own while Samus was at school the next day in anticipation of Jenny's birthday, then all three went into main Strangetown where Zelda bought a tattoobox to give Jenny as a birthday present (I pretend it was a giftcard for a tattoo appointment), checked out the newly built dance studio, and Jenny and Samus drank espresso at Café Petite well into the night while Zelda was doing I don't know what, playing the piano, maybe, before going home and having Jenny become an elder.

Look Away-inator and Antonio Schwissenbaum adopted a baby -- little Egoraptor Schwissenbaum, the first redheaded kid I've had for ages.

The same night they got robbed and had their tv and arm chairs stolen. The silver lining was that it made me realize they could fit those things into the kitchen area and use the former small livingroom for Egoraptor's bed and changing table, though they'll still need to move when he grows older.

I am Error.
Mad Poster
#7147 Old 25th Nov 2021 at 11:50 PM
I was in my game testing some newly installed CC and it looks like it would be great for my game.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#7148 Old 26th Nov 2021 at 6:11 AM
Unborn Baby Broke graduated from college. She moved into the same trailer park as her older brother, Beau, and his husband Phineaus Furley. She's had a rough life so far but I wasn't prepared to go easy on her just yet. Despite the fact that Don Lothario is in his 70's now, she wanted to get engaged to him. He's still working in the medical career and she also has the want to marry a rich sim, so perhaps that's why. Don said yes and he finds himself engaged once again as old age closes in on him. It's very much a Dina/Mortimer situation. I had always been sad that Don only had one child during my playthrough so I decided to spice things up. Beau is getting pretty tired of having to clean his toilet so often as his little sister chooses his home to run to when morning sickness strikes.
Theorist
#7149 Old 27th Nov 2021 at 1:46 AM Last edited by Essa : 27th Nov 2021 at 10:06 PM.
Farprork
I played the Odds today. They did not talk about the elephant in the room but Randulf felt out of love after playing paper-scissor-stone. He still have the red heart though.
Then I send them to the local pool but they didn't get the chance to swim because of the constant fights.
Hektur met his crush in the hot tub. They talked and laughed together a bit.
They didn't stay long (because the Watcher was fed up with the fights, she may smite the transgressors in the future or provide them with a prisoner token).
Back home, Randulf decided to buy a telescope and look for aliens while Hektur chose to have a date.
The first got abducted while the latter was having a good time with his crush. He felt in love but it seems it's one side. They share two bolds though. They had a dream date without the need to woohoo.
Meanwhile Randulf came back. He's looking forward to get abducted again. Too bad he's not an adult anymore.
Forum Resident
#7150 Old 3rd Dec 2021 at 12:21 AM
Link Larsen made some friends in his quest to be promoted in the oceanography-career. He gets along very well with elderly people such as Jenny Smith, and his girlfriend Denise Jacquet. I thought it was too bad that Jill Smith hadn’t gotten a job in the oceanography career yet as that’s her ltw too, as per her biography, but evidently she had as Link brought her home after work the same day and they became friends as well.
On his free day, Link brought over mother and daughter Smith. An elderly downtownie, who had come over spontaneously the previous day right after Link called him to make friends, invited him to an outing Downtown. He was gonna ask Jill and Jenny to tag along, but he didn’t have time to ask Jenny before he had to leave. I felt a bit bad about it (not that she missed much except two downtownies in the group beating each other up and lowering the outing score) so he invited her over again the next day, and that’s where I left the household, with the two of them dancing to the stereo some hours before Link would grow up to an elder. Unfortunately Jenny’s so old that I don’t think she’ll still be there when I get back.

Link is far ahead age-wise compared to other sims who should be older from before I started doing proper rotations, so it’ll be a while before I play him again. I think he knows that, because ever since he’s appeared on a bunch of community lots and home business lots so I don’t need to miss him too much.

He also invited Ripp Grunt to an outing since Ripp had had such a good time with some friend of Link’s. Jenny and Jill were there, too, and Ripp had chemistry with Jill as well as one of the robbers and a townie named Karla Gotte (Katelyn Goss). He spent most of his time wooing the three of them.
The next day he was gonna ask Karla, who he got along the best with, out on a date but she wasn’t home so he asked Jill out. He didn’t think she’d be too impressed with his bachelor pad so he invited her to the Strangetown dance studio, which is free to enter until someone buys it (probably Tank when he’s retired). It went ok. Towards the end, Ripp tried getting a bit more intimate, albeit slowly, but Jill wasn’t having it. No slow dancing, no back massage or even a friendly hug even though they were friends (but stopped being so as the relationship score went down). There was no time to make up for it, so the date ended as “ok” and Jill rejected the post-ok-date-hug, which I had always thought was a mutual action. Fine, but maybe don’t get pissed by anything I try doing, refuse to take any sort of initiative yourself and tell me you thought I’d be more fun. Sorry I can’t carry the entire date and read your mind, Jill.
Right then, in walked Brahe Neighbour, another date of Ripp’s, and gave him a tight squeeze. Ripp invited her home and they wohooed.
The next day he got hold of Karla and invited her to an at-home date. Turned out she’s a romance sim and they had a bunch in common, so that date went splendidly. With her, Ripp fulfilled his want of having ten different loves, and is halfway towards his ltw of wohooing twenty sims.

Look Away-inator, Antonio and Egoraptor Schwissenbaum moved into a new house, from Downtown to main Strangetown. It’s bigger than the one they had before and will do for now, but once again they’ll need to move when Egoraptor becomes older. The welcoming wagon, Acrylic Ulakroy and Lisa Ramirez, hung out with him as he played with the toy rabbit head. Look Away-inator was invited downtown by her best friend Crescendo Neighbour. Hurricane Neighbour, another good friend of hers and Crescendo’s twin brother, and townie Barbara Yngwe (Young) (who was Crescendo’s first date back when they were teens) autonomously did something to fall in love so I think they’ll be a couple now. As usual when that thing happens, I missed who took the initiative.

Copernicus Sulsul suddenly got a wave of his secondary aspiration, family, rolling a want to get married and to have another kid at the same time. I'm not really feeling him and Liana Caliente who's the mother of their current children as a long-time couple, they're BFF's but just have a crush on each other and at this point the only thing that differs them from platonic friends is that they sleep cuddled up in a double bed at night. Plus, Liana (who's primarily a family sim) actively fears having a kid, and seeing as he also wanted to get married I take it he wants to have a child with someone. So I thought it'd be a good opportunity to change things up a bit and see who might be a good candidate to start something with him.

I am Error.
Page 286 of 349